Looking for Moderators, Again.

News, what's going on with... Anything...
HEXadecimal
Core Dumper

Post by HEXadecimal »

id probabbly be willing, if there isnt anybody more qualified
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

As I'm sure I said at some point in this thread, we're not going that route again.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Welcome back.

Who are you?

(Just kidding there :))
HEXadecimal
Core Dumper

Post by HEXadecimal »

Tank Program wrote:I've decided that having moderators causes too many issues. I will continue to read all of the forums and moderate it myself. You may ask why, and I'll tell. I'm not happy with how this has turned out. I realise that this has been my fault in part, and I accept that. I have not communicated properly in many cases causing events to occur which I simply did not forsee. These mistakes have caused me to loose people that are very valuable to the forums and I do not wish to make that mistake again. I'm deeply sorry to Subby, Marrow, and any others I may have caused to leave due to my inexperience with forums. I hope that one day you will return.

To all those that wished to be moderators this time, I'm also very sorry. However, I simply cannot risk a set of events like this happening another a few months down the road.

So, once again, to everyone, sorry for my major fuckup.

my bad

didnt read the second page. :?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I think that all users should act as non-official moderators of the entire forums. If we see something that we believe needs changing or removing we should tell Tank. Surely this is the most sensible way, saving Tank a lot of time and energy but still giving him complete control over the forum. IMO Tank admins this forum very well and every decision having to go through him is fine by me.
Playing since December 2006
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

i think you should change your signature to
Reviving topics since May 2008
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Yes I have revived a few oldies (including this one) but certain topics I think are important and there is no point in starting a new thread when one already exists...even if it was started before the epoch of Unix.

I doth strive in the pursuit of phantom spammery, oh great and magnificent master, but alas I doth fail. Henceforth I shalt be thine learned pupil... teach me, thou tremendous troll, whilst I cower in thine spamtastical shadow... and... maybe one day... I shalt be able to proclaim...

"I just did an epsy"
Playing since December 2006
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Monkey wrote:...but certain topics I think are important and there is no point in starting a new thread when one already exists...
Agrees 100% with monkey. It makes searching for information easier IMO. I hate when I look for something and have to go through 120 threads all with similar, nondescript titles to find that one tiny nugget of info I need.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Electric Turtle wrote:
Monkey wrote:...but certain topics I think are important and there is no point in starting a new thread when one already exists...
Agrees 100% with monkey. It makes searching for information easier IMO. I hate when I look for something and have to go through 120 threads all with similar, nondescript titles to find that one tiny nugget of info I need.
Sadly, this particular metatopic is spread out through so many different threads that if one were to search for "when to start a new thread", they'd be hopelessly drenched in orthagonal information.

Irony sucks sometimes.

In any case, on the subject, I realize we're not going that route again, but the best user-moderation I'm aware of is actually slashcode. The fact that it results in the tyranny of the majority on slashdot is due entirely to the size of their userbase. OTOH, it would be a real freaking pain to migrate to slashcode.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Yeah... let's just keep things as they are for now. We're not so big that it's an issue yet.

That, and I love to rule with an iron fist. Bow before me! ;)