Forums 6 Month Birthday Coming Up!

News, what's going on with... Anything...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Forums 6 Month Birthday Coming Up!

Post by Tank Program »

That's right, These forums were started nearly six months ago! Acordin to the admin panel it was "18 Dec 2003 07:03 pm" my time... Also just as exciting is that we are approaching our 10000th post! We're only a little over 500 posts away! Which will come first? Do we want to lay down bets, based on half days at what time the 10000th post will come? Plus, we've gotten more off-topic comments than many other forums I've ever seen! (That's a compliment- really it is.) Anyway... Can you all believe that it's already been 6 months? I sure can't!

In other news, Firday I'm leaving for the US for two weeks. 5 days of that are going to be computer camp where I'll be learning more C++! I hope it'll help me with all the work on Armagetron Advanced! I'll still be accessing the forums, but when and how often will be sligtly modified, and I don't expect to get an awful lot of coding done on Advanced while I'm there, due to me meeting with all my firends over there, etc, etc... Anyway, Tomorrow evening is the last you'll hear of me for over 24h, so if there's anything you want me to hear, make sure I do before then.

Anyway, things are running along pretty smoothely here :).
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

WOO-HOO! Hmmm, I think 10,000th post will come first eaisily! Maybe on July 3rd at 7pm EST
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Oh yeah, no spanning to reach the post. And you do realize that it is in 9 days, right Zapple? December + 6 Months = June...
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Huh? What? I'm confused.... OH 6 months! Not years, delete that post Tank, I'll make a new guess :lol: :oops:
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Ok, lol, this time is for real ;) hehe. The 6 month aniversary will come first. And the 10,000th post will come on July 3rd at 7 pm EST
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

sounds great, tank. i don't suppose you'll be in any of our nieghborhoods? it seems like the least you could do is pick up a snapple for zapple if you get a chance.

seriously, hope you have a good time. :)
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

have a nice trip tank and remember to introduce those c++-eating, c++-breathing, c++-sleeping to the world of armagetron and the project :D

500 posts you say? i think we'll have 10.000 posts in about five hours... j/k :mrgreen:

as to 6 months wow it seems a lot longer (probably cause i'm an old geezer or don't have a life lol)
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

bon voyage tank, grats..and happy brithday admin panel?
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Boy this Snapple Zapple stuff is getting out of hand ! ;) Lol, but I like it though, its funny. Adn you know what even funnier? I dont even like
Snapples, lol. But please continue to use Snapple and Zapple in the same sentence. :)
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Well, I'm in the US now :D.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

seeing we have only 103 posts left to post before we hit 10.000, i say we will hit 10.000 before we can celebrate or half year anniversary :)

I place $100
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

kijkes,kijkes :wink:

you see zapple, this is the way we could finance our legal rigths expences :twisted: :D

*refearing the topic : more tron on tv*
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

we shouldn't pay!

we should kidnap sono bono (or whatever cher's former husband is/was called)!!! the sono bono *whatever* act is the reason for all the copyright extension, riaa, and mpaa bs that's phucked up the whole idea of copyright in the first place! *actually pretty pissed off at that crap* :x

on the lighter side: maybe cher would be interested in bringing our plan to fruition

hmm

oki here's the list:
:done: start making the plan
:blank: seduce cher into cooperation
:blank: kidnap bs-ono (if he's dead we'll take his coffin!)
:blank: raid walt disney cybernetic crypt and threathen to defrost his head!
:blank: fill in the gaps...
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

Yes, In fact He is dead, Its Sonny Bono by the way. He died when he skiied headfirst into a tree.
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

how's this for filling in the gaps:
:blank: take money
:blank: take cher
:blank: take disneys head
:blank: run into mountains
i sugest you take disneys head (cos norwegian climate offers best conditions for its further preservation)
zapple takes cher
i take money