Armasmegetron

Anything About Anything...
Seleucus
Project Graphics Designer

Armasmegetron

Post by Seleucus »

seems like we have a new server, just curious to see what people think? it has higher rubber but not by much and i really like it, any opinions?

-Seleucus
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

i remember trying that one out, but i noticed it made the horrible gaffe of using permawalls.

tst tsk. :|
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

Ya the permanent walls can be a pain but in some ways i like them, i know people are going to hate me for saying this but it proves more skill if you have to tunnel and grind through than if you just double (triple, etc...) bind back and forth till you can escape. But i do hate that i can't maze as well. I think the admin should just set the length to a very long value 2 or 3 times that of ish, maybe a little more.

-Seleucus
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

yeah, you make a good case. perhaps later today i'll play a few matches with the dreaded permawalls, altho in the past i've found it INCREDIBLY boring when two people are left splitting up the arena amongst each other with the brakes jammed down... :(
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

That's why we're working on an admin command to kill people without kicking them... ;)
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

I get high pings and crazy rubber thigns on that server...I can do a double turn, it grinds on itself in reverse, than without doing anything, magically appears going the other way- still grinding

if you play it long enuff, u start to use these characteristics in your game play...knowing what's goign to happen that's not normal on any other server
Seleucus

Post by Seleucus »

nic your point about to players is why i always try tog et to the other person no matter the risk, if players play this way it is more fun to watch and more fun if you are successful, plus it doesn't take forever, unfortunatly very few people try this, so just play when hakan or i is on and you can be assured that the round will not be like that( 2 people on oppisite sides just waiting)

and loc i have never gotten weird lag in smeg, maybe because of our different locations, just curious does it happen only when you multi bound, or is the server just bad for you... i guess if i got alot of lag i would not play there so it is all relative.

-Seleucus
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

its just the server, the same actions have the desired effect on any other server...and yes, it must be our locations, I get high pings all over, except these 2 servers:

BOC
Ish 2.6