Maji and his

Anything About Anything...
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Maji and his

Post by Zapple »

Majination and his perfect grammer. He is good. Type something long Majination, do your best! First person to find an error in his typing wins! Lol. Make it about differant tourist places around the world please.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Re: Maji and his

Post by Majination »

Zapple wrote:Majination and his perfect grammer. He is good. Type something long Majination, do your best! First person to find an error in his typing wins! Lol. Make it about differant tourist places around the world please.
Majination and his perfect grammer. [SF] He is good. Type something long, Majination, do your best! [CR] [The] First person to find an error in his typing wins! Lol. Make it about differant tourist places around the world, please.

[SF] = Sentence Fragment
[CR] = Consider Revising
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Yes I know the deal Majination, you have done this before to me in a PM. Please try to find something wrong with this post. Thanks Majination!

Your friend, Zapple.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Re: ok

Post by Majination »

Zapple wrote:Yes I know the deal Majination, you have done this before to me in a PM. Please try to find something wrong with this post. Thanks Majination!
When writing somebody's name in a sentence, place a comma before/after it.

Examples:
"Chris, what do you think?"
"What do you think, Chris?"
"So, Chris, what do you think?"

Also, you should have used a comma after the word "yes" at the beginning of your sentence.

"Yes, I know the deal, Majination, [...]"

That said, my grammar is far from perfect. You should see my Amazon Wish List, though... it makes me look incredibly boring. Let's just say I have several grammar books in there, hehe!
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Zapple wrote:Majination and his perfect grammer. He is good. Type something long Majination, do your best! First person to find an error in his typing wins! Lol. Make it about differant tourist places around the world please.
In all seriousness, I'm sure that if I were to do this you would find a bunch of grammar mistakes!

I find Nic's writing style and use of words extremely nice. There is your man for the job. :D

Hey, Nic, I really do hope you get around to putting some of your writing up on the net!
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Re: ok

Post by Zapple »

Majination wrote:
Zapple wrote:Yes I know the deal Majination, you have done this before to me in a PM. Please try to find something wrong with this post. Thanks Majination!
When writing somebody's name in a sentence, place a comma before/after it.

Examples:
"Chris, what do you think?"
"What do you think, Chris?"
"So, Chris, what do you think?"

Also, you should have used a comma after the word "yes" at the beginning of your sentence.

"Yes, I know the deal, Majination, [...]"

That said, my grammar is far from perfect . You should just see my Amazon Wish List, though... it makes me look incredibly boring. Let's just say I have several grammar books in there, hehe!*
--hehe is not a word. Your . should be a ,

LOL, Majination, you are one tough cookie! And was that just a cowincidence, or did you know my name was Chris?
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

"Hehe" may not be a word, but it is a great use of literary expression. ;)

I knew your name was Chris, but when I used it I was using myself as an example. :P

Okay, I'm out of here... something smells good in the kitchen. I'll post something later for everyone to dissect.

BTW - I didn't need a comma in front of the word "Chris" above because I wasn't using the name to address somebody.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Lmao Majination! Ok ok ok, no more corrections, lets just say that you type ok enough for no-one here to see an error ;) lol, what are you eating?
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

Majination wrote:I find Nic's writing style and use of words extremely nice.
thanks maji, but i reciprocate with you and node in particular- you both give me a mix of warmth, humor, humanity, lightness, satire & precision. (not to brown-nose my way into infinity, but...)

anyway, your wish is my command.com. i don't have much idea what this crap means, but i wrote it a couple months ago and collected it in a text file as i've been doing lately. :)
Army of Fear!

catalog your fears
know them by heart
don't ever worry about being perfect
don't be afraid to write anything

you have a penalty system of fear

even when you know the right decision you have to judge whether to risk going for it because you know the right decision will cause you more pain than the safe decision, even though you know if you keep being brave enough to confront the fears they will eventually topple into the dust.

to get to the heart of the matter:
-i fear fear
-but i also use fear to shape my whole agenda and program
-i must be aware and brave enough to detect and recognize my fears

-----------------------
in a run of adjectives, that's why they use commas: because each adjective is meant to give a distinct flavor to a noun, and thus should act very much as a separate thought, while still maintaining some connection to its fellow-adjective. and i.e., travelling far in the direction of the mighty period.

------------------------
WHEN YOU ARE a writer, you have to face the harsh, painful, and inescapable truth that you must murder your children on a regular basis so that the work as a whole will succeed. and your children are this: words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs and anything which when pruned will lead to the healthier organism.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Cool nic, read the 1st section, skimmed through the last ones, kinda boring, make it ryme mroe ;) lol Cool though.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Wow. I very much like the content; it has some great advice for authors. In reading it though, I found an unexpected surprise -- you write to yourself as you would write to others. Or, was this text file meant for others to read?

I have a plethora of text files about a wide variety of things. As a matter of fact, there are only three programs that you can always find open on my computer... a web browser, a text editor, and a dictionary. There is a stark contrast as to how I write for myself, though, and how I write for others. My personal texts are cold and calculated, reading like a mix of shorthand notes and a manual.

There is one curious thing about this piece you posted... everything seems to pertain to writing except the second paragraph ("even when you know the right decision..."). I would imagine that it probably does, only that I don't lack the insight of your mind when you wrote it. :)

Thanks for sharing. I like it.

It didn't even have to rhyme. ;)
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

maji good, loc bad...
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

locutus wrote:maji good, loc bad...
Not hardly. I just play there more often.
I sure wish you didn't experience so much lag on goshdarn!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

thanks maji, and i see what you mean about the 1st person vs. 3rd person. for one thing that was kind of a grab-bag of stuff for some reason. usually i keep all the same sort of animals herded together like the good, god-fearing rancher. anyway, definitely a lot of personal advice to myself there.

gee, i've gone and created a soap opera. :oops:

anyway, anytime you feel like throwing some of yours out there... :D
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

im lucky maj dont pull me up on my gamma :wink:
i dont think even one of my posts would pass lol

may be i should have gone to school instead of building electronics and programming computers :roll:
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif