Lucifer is off irc for now

Anything About Anything...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Lucifer is off irc for now

Post by Lucifer »

I tried to set up a shared irc instance between my tablet and laptop. In the process I broke my laptop's irc client.

So I'm out of irc. If you need me, message me here.

Also, anybody successfully setup quassel?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Lucifer is off irc for now

Post by Z-Man »

Lucifer wrote:Also, anybody successfully setup quassel?
Yeah, I have quasselcore on the Raspi, quasselclient on the desktop and quasseldroid on the phone and tablet. Works really well and was unproblematic to set up for me. You do have to configure quasselcore over a first connection with the desktop quasselclient, though, not through any config files on the server.

In fact, I have a two step setup. Quasselcore then also connects to ZNC, a universal IRC bouncer. I had that set up because quasseldroid would only run in an old version on my old phone and I was using other clients there. I'm not using ZNC exclusively because it has the disadvantage that you only see each message on currently connected clients and if there are none, only on the first to connect afterwards as backlog. So by nature of being the one least frequently booted up, the desktop IRC would practically never get any backlogs, which is the one where I most want a full backlog. Quasselcore keeps a backlog for everyone.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Lucifer is off irc for now

Post by Lucifer »

Apparently I had to configure quasselcore with a locally-installed client, making quasselcore on my VPS no longer a possibility.

But yay! I got it working. So now the only thing I have left to do is install a vnc server on my laptop, get the client on my tablet to communicate with it, and I'll be able to do anything I need with my tablet. :) (I'm assuming that gaming from my laptop won't be an option, though)

So, I'm back in irc again, if anybody needs me there. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden