Need motherboard for this piece of junk

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K53SD/

thanks
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Need Help ! ASUS K53SD Mother

Post by stephanietubesocks »

ah thats rev 2.3 i need rev 5.1 with nvidia 610m gpu, my bad

been looking everywhere, its available from china but ive had a lot of problems with china supplies

thanks for the help
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Found one from LA, though probably still indirectly from China. lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Asus-K53SD- ... 2548.l4275
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

cheers :D
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

At the age of that machine you're probably better off just buying another laptop second hand. Even if you do find a replacement board, chances are it's used and has issues - 610m runs pretty warm.

I just picked up an Elitebook for work for £130, they went for anything up to £2000 depending on config around two years ago. Technology is depreciating faster than ever.
Light

Post by Light »

delinquent wrote:At the age of that machine you're probably better off just buying another laptop second hand. Even if you do find a replacement board, chances are it's used and has issues - 610m runs pretty warm.

I just picked up an Elitebook for work for £130, they went for anything up to £2000 depending on config around two years ago. Technology is depreciating faster than ever.
It's usually a pretty good idea to assume if the mobo goes, it's time to buy a new build. I hope this isn't a main machine or anything, so maybe they just want it for something on the side and keeping it cheap. Who knows ..
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

delinquent wrote:610m runs pretty warm.
Asus's site wrote:Stay Cool with Metallic Chic
The irony.
Light wrote:
delinquent wrote:At the age of that machine you're probably better off just buying another laptop second hand. Even if you do find a replacement board, chances are it's used and has issues - 610m runs pretty warm.

It's usually a pretty good idea to assume if the mobo goes, it's time to buy a new build. I hope this isn't a main machine or anything, so maybe they just want it for something on the side and keeping it cheap. Who knows ..
I did replace the motherboard in a laptop, quite a good result in my case. I got a slightly better CPU, too :P (core i3 from amd e-450) [which I wanted and was also specifically doing]
I can't say that it would work every time and the laptop has no dedicated graphics chip although that it would appear that is/was an option. (that would really push the somewhat crappy cooler design to it's limits...)

footnote: in case you're wondering about the CPU change from AMD to Intel, remember different motherboard but for same design (model) of laptop. I had no issues at all, made sure all the same connecters were in the right places, mobo was same size and shape, screw holes in same places, and didn't follow advice from forum posts online saying that it was not possible (when clearly it was :P)
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

sadly this laptop is from a customer. came in with a broken power jack (common asus fault) which I replaced and tested on my bench charger

laptop was working fine , windows loaded etc

checked customers charger with multimeter , voltage was correct, plugged it into laptop and BOOM! game over

need to replace this motherboard :P
Light

Post by Light »

stephanietubesocks wrote:sadly this laptop is from a customer. came in with a broken power jack (common asus fault) which I replaced and tested on my bench charger

laptop was working fine , windows loaded etc

checked customers charger with multimeter , voltage was correct, plugged it into laptop and BOOM! game over

need to replace this motherboard :P
I guess if it's for a customer you have no real say, but for what they're going to pay for the board plus having someone deal with it .. their laptop is likely not worth recovering. My reason for replacing the system when the board goes is that it's probably outdated, and not that I looked at any specs, but for that cheap of a board I can only assume it's not running anything decent.
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

theys just a pain in the ass that i need to get rid of