Playin' Bass

Anything About Anything...
Misery
Round Winner

Playin' Bass

Post by Misery »

Hey! Does anybody want to watch a fat dude in a wheelchair play some Pantera on bass? Sure you do! lol

https://youtu.be/z8qQU6crONg
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Playin' Bass

Post by sinewav »

Nice. I haven't heard that track in years. You're making me miss my bass. You see, last year I took it apart and sanded it down because I wanted a new paint job. But, I couldn't decide on a color and I don't actually have a place I can paint a guitar. Thus, by bass has been sitting in the closet unassembled since this time last year. I actually have an old friend in this city that paints guitars, but he's got like four instruments ahead of mine. Getting this thing painted and reassembled is my goal for summer.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

sinewav wrote:You see, last year I took it apart and sanded it down because I wanted a new paint job. But, I couldn't decide on a color and I don't actually have a place I can paint a guitar. Thus, by bass has been sitting in the closet unassembled since this time last year.
I did the same thing with my iron bird, only in 2011, and I just haven't gotten it back together. I picked up a warlock in a pawn shop to tide me over, though.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

What's a fat boy to do when there's nothing going on and he can't sleep?

Make another bass video! :D

https://youtu.be/gONHmcQRAKo
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I used to own that same SansAmp box. I say "used to" because I left it at my bandmate's house when I moved to California and he refuses to ship my pedals to me, saying "Oh they are in the studio, I'll pick them up next time I'm there" which translates to "I'm still using them, too f'ing bad." I've asked a couple times now. I literally have to go to Chicago and pick them up from his house if I ever want to use them again.

RIP Chris Cornell.
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

@Sinewav Yeah, that sucks when you don't have access to your equipment. I know that exact feeling. I have 5 other guitars and numerous bits of equipment that I still don't have possession of after a pretty had breakup.

But for that Sansamp box... It's the new V2 one. Same awesome tone with a bit more control. It has a Mid knob as well as switchable frequencies from 500-1000Hz and 40-80Hz.

The one that I REALLY want is a toss-up between the Darkglass B7K and the Darkglass Alpha Omega pedals, which are both more expensive than the Sansamp. And I'm not even a bass player! lol
But for thick distortion tones for guitar, I have my eye on the Amptweaker Tight Metal Pro. You should look those up. Pretty nice stuff!
Attachments
Tech 21 Sansamp BDDI v2
Tech 21 Sansamp BDDI v2
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ah yes, it has some new knobs. Cool. I've been checking out distortion pedals lately, but for my synthesizer. It's hard to find ones that match something other than the frequency response of a guitar. I was surprised to find the DOD BoneShaker works really well, though I have yet to play my guitar through it. The demo video for this pedal sucks, haha, but it gives you quite a bit of control.

I found a pedal that would be good on my bass, but can't remember the name of it. I'll have to go back to the shop and look at it again. Was more of a fuzz pedal and added some SICK harmonics (though probably a bit too much and might get old if used as a primary tone).

Now, if I could only find some time to play with these new toys...
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

sinewav wrote:The demo video for this pedal sucks, haha, but it gives you quite a bit of control.
Yes, it lets you play, pause, seek to a time, and adjust the volume!

Yes, I had to.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I bought Boss Metalzone MT-2 pedals for my son and I. This pedal rocks. I'm able to get both the bassy Metallica-type sound out of it as well as something more like AC/DC, or even Megadeth. My son prefers the heavier bassy stuff, and I prefer the more trebly stuff, but it can crunch anyway you run it.

It's not as cool as the Boss GT-3 that I used to record all that music, once upon a time, but it's also just a distortion pedal.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden