What are you reading right now?

Anything About Anything...
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by Clutch »

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy. The movie is also one of the few movies that actually managed to be as good as the book.
Boxed
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

On that subject, everybody go watch The Mist, if you haven't already. That's a movie that the author, Stephen King, believes is better than the story he wrote (they changed the ending, and it's an awesome ending).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

niin wrote:I'm done with reading all malazan of the fallen books I could get. There is a makeover at the moment so I have to wait for the next part till February or smth I think

It is really a great book. Especially like the mages because it's different from the usual.
Not like Harry Potter or LOTR where they just can do everything when they are a mage.
I'm glad you're enjoying it :D I ended up taking an extended break from it (and reading in general) because of some personal stuff. Need to get back into it but there's so much detail I feel like I've forgotten D:
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Lucifer wrote:On that subject, everybody go watch The Mist, if you haven't already. That's a movie that the author, Stephen King, believes is better than the story he wrote (they changed the ending, and it's an awesome ending).
Saw it in theaters and remember nothing. :P To be fair, I would have only been 14.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lucifer wrote:...go watch The Mist,
I thought the Mist was great for the first 20 minutes, but then got really boring. Those spider-things were so corny looking that I couldn't take the movie seriously afterwards. The friend I saw it with thought the ending was great, but I was just glad the movie was over. 3/10 would watch again.
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

ppotter wrote:Need to get back into it but there's so much detail I feel like I've forgotten D:
I know that feeling. Ended the last book in November and have to wait one more month for the next part.
I think I already forgot about plenty characters but I'm hopeful they come back to my mind when reading it.
And since the characters change from book to book (except the bridgeburners) it doesn't matter lol
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

niin wrote:
ppotter wrote:Need to get back into it but there's so much detail I feel like I've forgotten D:
I know that feeling. Ended the last book in November and have to wait one more month for the next part.
I think I already forgot about plenty characters but I'm hopeful they come back to my mind when reading it.
And since the characters change from book to book (except the bridgeburners) it doesn't matter lol
Ahh but there's so many references to past/concurrent events etc, I need to keep on top :P