What are you watching right now?

Anything About Anything...
Magi
Match Winner

What are you watching right now?

Post by Magi »

Figured since there's a music topic and lot's of people enjoy it and post there, why not start a thread for tv shows, either ones that you just finished and you would recommend to others, or something you've recently started and are enjoying, or asking for feedback on shows that you may want to watch.

After basically binge watching the first 5 seasons of House I took like a 2 year break from it and just finished the final episode today, feels good to final check that show off my list but at the same time I feel a hole in my life now..my 4 am to 7 am life.

My cousin recently suggested I start watching Daredevil, anyone seen or heard about it?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Light »

I've watched House all the way through twice. Don't worry, in a few years it'll be a good watch again. As for Daredevil, I wasn't a fan of the first episode or two and didn't bother with more than that.

I'm currently giving Orphan Black a chance, with almost a season down, it's not too bad, but not overly exciting. It's sort of like a Dollhouse mixed with slight Nikita, so it's watchable to pass some time for a while. I'm sure I'll go through all 3 seasons semi quick since a 4th has been approved by BBC.

This is, of course, just on top of my normal Doctor Who, Supernatural, Haven, and quite a few others.

On the topic of House though, Laurie will be starring in a new show starting April. Forget the title, but I'll give it a chance regardless just because of him. I believe it's going to be more of a drama than a comedy, even though House was categorized under drama.
Recko
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Recko »

lol.. magi get a life.. tron is dying..
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I enjoyed the first season of Daredevil, not watched the second yet. Would recommend it.

I've been watching Chuck and I kinda love it, not sure why though.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

I love sit-coms and I'm currently re-watching Scrubs.. waiting for the 2nd season of Mr Robot
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I haven't owned a TV since 1992 so I don't see too many shows. The extent of my TV watching is downloading seasons of Adventure Time. Occasionally I'll catch an episode of Always Sunny... but unless I'm hanging out with people who watch television regularly I just don't see anything, and when I do it's just the stuff they watch. A couple years ago I had a roommate who watched Pawn Stars so I saw a lot of that shitty show simply because we would hang out and eat pizza once in a while.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I watch all these DC and Marvel shows (Gotham/The Flash/Arrow/Jessica Jones/Daredevil. Even Supergirl, mostly because Martian Manhunter is in it. :oops: ) when I have nothing else to do. I won't comment on some of the actors/braindead dialogues, but for me, those shows are really a good distraction from university, and I find most of the main characters quite likeable. If you know the comics relatively well, it's fun to see how most of these shows play with your expectations (that being said, I doubt the creators of Gotham ever read any Batman comic book ever, which isn't necessarily bad, since the show is so over the top).

I'd definitely recommend the first Daredevil season (the second was a little boring...). Jessica Jones is indefinitely better though.
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Im watching a show probably at least half of the people here already have seen. It's Game of Thrones.
I first read the books and now that the new books are not released yet it is pretty good to get the waiting time covered. If you read the books and haven't seen the show yet it is really worth it, especially if you're fantasy while reading is as bad as mine :lol: Even tho I know the story it's great to watch cause of the scenery

P. S.: Reading this for TV shows and music makes me wonder if there is one for books? I thought about making one but don't want to if there is one already..
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

sinewav wrote:I haven't owned a TV since 1992 so I don't see too many shows. The extent of my TV watching is downloading seasons of Adventure Time. Occasionally I'll catch an episode of Always Sunny... but unless I'm hanging out with people who watch television regularly I just don't see anything, and when I do it's just the stuff they watch. A couple years ago I had a roommate who watched Pawn Stars so I saw a lot of that shitty show simply because we would hang out and eat pizza once in a while.
To be fair when somebody says they're watching this or that these days, I just assume they're streaming/torrenting it anyway.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

niin wrote:P. S.: Reading this for TV shows and music makes me wonder if there is one for books? I thought about making one but don't want to if there is one already..
It's nice that you consider that possibility, but by now nobody can be bothered to find that one specific thread again, if it ever existed. Go ahead and start a new one if you like to!
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Light wrote:
On the topic of House though, Laurie will be starring in a new show starting April. Forget the title, but I'll give it a chance regardless just because of him. I believe it's going to be more of a drama than a comedy, even though House was categorized under drama.
Yeah I saw that, on AMC I believe, I figured I'd give it a chance, it also has Tom Hiddleston in it I think and I enjoyed him as loki.
Word wrote:I watch all these DC and Marvel shows (Gotham/The Flash/Arrow/Jessica Jones/Daredevil. Even Supergirl, mostly because Martian Manhunter is in it. :oops: )
I'd definitely recommend the first Daredevil season (the second was a little boring...). Jessica Jones is indefinitely better though.
I've been watching Flash and Arrow, though I've missed the last two episodes of Arrow lol, I really like it when they do the collaboration episodes. A bit agitated that they chose a different actor from the Flash to be Flash in the upcoming movie, but the actor they chose actually lives somewhat nearby me, a few people at my work have met him. I've also heard Legends of Tomorrow is fun to watch if you're into superhero shows, it has a bunch of characters from Flash, Arrow and others that are on right now.
ppotter wrote: To be fair when somebody says they're watching this or that these days, I just assume they're streaming/torrenting it anyway.
Yeah with the exception of the few tv shows that come out weekly that I remember to watch, my TV is mainly for gaming and the occasional hockey game. I use cokeandpopcorn's streaming site to watch most of my stuff, not too worried about the low quality :P
Light wrote: I'm currently giving Orphan Black a chance, with almost a season down, it's not too bad, but not overly exciting. It's sort of like a Dollhouse mixed with slight Nikita, so it's watchable to pass some time for a while. I'm sure I'll go through all 3 seasons semi quick since a 4th has been approved by BBC.
My brother was watching this for a while and I saw a few episodes of it here and there when I was over his house, didn't seem too bad.
Light wrote:This is, of course, just on top of my normal Doctor Who, Supernatural, Haven, and quite a few others..
Yeah I'm in process of watching Supernatural, Walking Dead, Flash, Arrow as they come out. I still haven't caught any of this season's Better Call Saul yet. Oh and Archer came back tonight so I'm going to have to watch that as well

bye
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

sinewav wrote:I haven't owned a TV since 1992 so I don't see too many shows. The extent of my TV watching is downloading seasons of Adventure Time.
Check out Gravity Falls, you may like it.

Currently switching between Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the new Trailer Park Boys seasons, and I'm obsessed with Rick and Morty.
Last edited by Clutch on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxed
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Clutch wrote:Currently switching between Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the new Trailer Park Boys seasons, and Rick and Morty.
I've never been able to sit down and binge watch Always Sunny, I find the show funny but it's more of one of those shows I sit down and watch on comedy central. I've watched the first and second season of Rick and Morty two times already, can't wait until a third season.

bye
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Always Sunny is basically Seinfeld on crack. I haven't really seen anything like it, but it's hands down one of my favourites of all time, Dennis' slow descent into a total psychopath has been pretty great to watch but I think everyone has their own favourite character. For whatever reason I find the things that aren't in the foreground to be the funniest, like little facial expressions and reactions (again Dennis excels in this). Seriously I've seen the whole series about 4 times now but it's always great. I'd give it more of a chance, though I can certainly see why people don't like it, takes time to get used to.

One of my favourite scenes for the 2 interested people

And yeah like I said in my edit, Rick and Morty is amazing
Boxed
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

I don't have much to add for TV shows, but would be cool to get film suggestions in here too. I'd theoretically like to compend a list of movies I thought are really good, but for now the few I've seen recently that I enjoyed:

Cemetery of Splendor - slow film; surreal experience
Cheatin' - animation on Netflix with lovely art
Birdman - substantial Hollywood film about art and theater
About Elly - Iranian film with amazing subtext on gender relations in Iranian culture
The Forbidden Room - kinda like wtf, very dreamlike and trippy, you don't need drugs for this

I feel some of these films need time to sink in and be enjoyed, for example Cemetery of Splendor I don't think I would've gotten my experience if I wasn't totally immersed, or I might've given up on The Forbidden Room if I wasn't in a theater, so probably best seen in one go with no distractions.