What are you watching right now?

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Word »

The last film I saw at the cinema was "Son of Saul". I've never seen anything like it, but that's probably because I don't know any of its artistic precedessors. It's a film about the holocaust, so don't go there if you just want to have a few good laughs.

(Btw nara, thanks for recommending the Stanley Parable the other day, I watched a few gameplay videos. I didn't expect the game to be THAT good.)
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

No probs! The game didn't really speak to me personally, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Clutch wrote: And yeah like I said in my edit, Rick and Morty is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXirN6pRfjE
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I've been catching up on all the science fiction shows I missed the first time around for various reasons. So, starting with the current show:

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (really enjoying it)
Farscape + Miniseries
The two Stargate SG-1 movies (one was good, the other was blah)
Firefly + Movie (so good it led me to Buffy)
Supernatural (caught up to whatever early season 11 shows are on the CW website)
The two Stargate serieses, excluding the third one. Liked SG-1, thought Atlantis was overall better.
Star Trek: Deep Space 9

After Buffy, we'll probably go through Angel, if we can find it. Haven't checked if it's on Netflix. Anybody know if we should be watching the two shows concurrently, or are they not interconnected?

After that, it'll probably be Sanctuary. I'm curious what Amanda Tapping's new show is like. Or Dollhouse, following Joss Whedon to another show. Or maybe I'll go see where Ben Browder went after Stargate, because his Farscape performance was so good.

Also, when Supernatural's season 11 hits Netflix, we'll be on it like flies on cow excrement.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Lucifer wrote: Also, when Supernatural's season 11 hits Netflix, we'll be on it like flies on cow excrement.
Not sure what your position is on streaming sites, and I know the quality isn't top tier, but I use Coke and Popcorn for a lot of the shows I watch and they have new episodes of the shows up within a half hour of them ending. (Including Supernatural) Also as a side note I use adblock plus so I don't know how many pop up ads are on site.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Magi wrote:
Lucifer wrote: Also, when Supernatural's season 11 hits Netflix, we'll be on it like flies on cow excrement.
Not sure what your position is on streaming sites, and I know the quality isn't top tier, but I use Coke and Popcorn for a lot of the shows I watch and they have new episodes of the shows up within a half hour of them ending. (Including Supernatural) Also as a side note I use adblock plus so I don't know how many pop up ads are on site.
Most of the sites I've encountered looked like phishing scams, to be honest.

But for me, I need to be able to make the video itself full screen. We're watching on an actual TV (Mythbuntu-powered), so we want the full-screen immersive experience.

- Iron Maiden
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Since we now have Amazon Prime and Netflix Streaming and DVD I have had no need to use a streaming site. But, I double checked and the one that was the only good one left that I found is still around and still good https://www.solarmovie.ph/ The solarmovie site is just a very ad heavy site that I would never surf to without Ad-Block plus installed. But, it links to cyber locker sites that usually stream just fine and full screen. Of course, it can be kinda iffy as to the quality of the streams sometimes, and Netflix/Amazon is always better.
Also, I watched Buffy and Angel when they were on regular TV and I really think you could binge Buffy and then binge Angel and get full enjoyment from both.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Dunno about that last bit, heh. Been reading on wikipedia, and apparently there's a fair bit of crossover, most of it not important to the plot(s) of each one, but stuff like in a Buffy episode, Oz says he'll take the ring of amarra to LA for Angel, and in the episode of Angel that aired that night, Oz goes to LA and gives Angel the ring. Binging out of order, so to speak, loses those connections between the two serieses.

On the other hand, with season-long story arcs, I don't want to double the time it takes to get to a season finale just because I want to sync up the little things.

- Iron Maiden
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I'm currently watching The Night Manager, which is probably the newish drama with Hugh Laurie that some of you guys are talking about. I've only seen the first episode, which was ok. Hopefully it will get better.
Playing since December 2006
Word

Post by Word »

Gotham is getting crazier and better each episode...(I'm referring to that thing Butch did to Azrael).
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

3 years of waiting and I finally got to see Arthur ****** Dayne. Thank you GoT.
Boxed
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

This hasn't got anything to do with television or movies, but if you click my link, you will be watching something.
I just started playing GTAV online again and this fun tron-like challenge was in my first heist.
I think this guy did it on easy; my challenge was harder.
Word wrote:Gotham is getting crazier and better each episode...(I'm referring to that thing Butch did to Azrael).
First, what Stick did in Daredevil, now this.

Admins: Please add

Code: Select all

[spoiler]{TEXT}[/spoiler]

Code: Select all

<div style="margin-bottom: 2px;"> <b>Spoiler! </b><input value="Show" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 60px; font-size: 10px;" onclick="if(this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != 'inline') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'inline'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value='Show'; }" type="button"> </div> <div style="border: 1px inset; padding: 6px;"> <div style="display: none;">{TEXT}</div> </div>
for threads like this, if possible :(
...Or don't :P
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Daredevil was good.
Brooklyn nine nine I find pretty funny.
I'm a bit of a sucker for New Girl. >.>
Rick and Morty is great.
I absolutely love Archer, seems to have a bit more of an english sense of humour than a lot of similar american shows.

As for recommendations I haven't seen anyone post up yet:
There was an amazing british show called Utopia, very dark but really good.
If you're into Adventure Time then you'll probably love Steven Universe.
Word

Post by Word »

The Netflix version of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" had me weeping like a baby, like five times per episode.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I was a huge fan of the books as a kid. Wasn't expecting NPH to be able to do Count Olaf, but he kills it. And damn those sets are amazing
Boxed