whats the dumbest thing you have ever done ?

Anything About Anything...
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Hmm, you can get in a pub here at 16 :P

Now my newest stupidest thing:

It was yesterdaynight, i go to this birthday party. My dad says to me: don't drink too much eh? At 9 PM we're there. We get some beers, some more and some more. The someone pulls out a bottle of Red Vodka. There we are: drinking contest: who can drink the fastest... At approx 11 PM we go to the pub. We get beer from the guy who's birthday it is. And more rounds and more rounds... at 1 AM i go home, sick and drunk. I fall off my bike 3 times before i get home (quite amazing, it's a 3 KM ride...) and as soon as I get home i start to puke :P
My dad says: Drank too much?
Me: Yeahh... BLUHHHHHHH.. :?
at 3 AM I can finally sleep. I wake up this morning, 10 AM, and started puking again. Now I've only got an headache and i've eaten something...

But anyway: the ironic thing is, that tomorrow i've got this Biology test. And it's really big and of real importance. BUT HOW CAN I REVISE WITH SUCH AN HEADACHE????
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I get the feeling you're not the first college kid to both put off studying for a test and then have to do it with a hangover.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Freewheelin'56
Round Winner

Post by Freewheelin'56 »

Hehe Sab, drinking will do it most of the time. Don't have that problem anymore, switched :D
Freewheelin'58 I want Goshdarn back!!
Great Googly Moogly
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

But i feel so sick... :(

I'm going to revise when my headache gone down a bit; I can't remember anything now anyway.. Like.. I don't know how i got home, I don't know howmuch I've drunk. That means that I'll have to check my limits again :P
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I don't know how many of these ingredients are available to you, but I happen to have a guaranteed hangover cure. (Some people say it's not possible, but I have one)

Ingredients:
Large hamburger bun
1/4 hamburger patty
Chili (Wolf brand is best, Hormel works, haven't tried others)
Cheddar cheese, grated
1 slice american cheese
Fritos
Lettuce
Tomato

Toast the bun on both sides with butter. This means you toast both the inside surfaces and the outside surfaces of the bun, for a total of 4 toasted surfaces. Heat up the chili. Cook the hamburger patty (make sure it's cooked all the way through)

On the bottom bun, on the inside, put a handful of fritos. Cover with chili, add cheddar cheese. Put hamburger patty on next.

On top bun, put lettuce and two slices of tomato. Place american cheese on top.

Put top bun on bottom bun.

Eat. Takes approximately half an hour to kick in. Works best if you drink about 20 ounces of water first (to flush out your liver).

The key to curing a hangover, actually, is to eat bread-type products. I've had varying success with burritoes, egg rolls, and even plain hamburgers. For some reason the frito burger concoction works particularly well, but I don't really know why. The combination of the fritos and the bread makes sense, but when I tried eating just the fritos and bread it didn't work so well. I've tried it in numerous configurations, but the one I've described is the only one that consistently works. I've used it, ummmm, hundreds of times on myself, and have also had a lot of success having other people try it. I realize it's not the most attractive breakfast when you have a hangover (I've seen people puke when I made it for them, but they managed to eat it just the same), but it works surprisingly well.

- Iron Maiden
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

I don't have hamburgers here, no chili and we certainly don't have american cheese... :P
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Sabarai wrote:I don't have hamburgers here, no chili and we certainly don't have american cheese... :P
As long as you understand what the ingredients are, you should be able to extrapolate it to locally available ingredients with a fair amount of success. :)

- Iron Maiden
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

I know of an instant hangover cure but sadly I cannot post it here (legal issues)
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Freewheelin'56 wrote:Hehe Sab, drinking will do it most of the time. Don't have that problem anymore, switched :D
Heh the school system works different down there as he was telling me, but hes the equivalent to a high school student. Right Sab? :)
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Hehe, Iceman, you can tell me: it's probable legal here anyway :P

Uhm.. I'm allowed to go to the uni next year if that's what you mean..
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

How the school system works here:

You goto elementary school, then middle school, then highschool, then a collage or university.

How the school system works where Sab is:

You goto the equivalent of elementary school, at the end you take a test and the teachers vote where you should be. There are 3 levels of school you can goto then. Basically, middle school, one inbetween middle and highschool, and highschool. After this you progress normally through school. After you finish the highest level of this you can go to a collage or university.

Right Sab?
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Not exactly...

(over where Sab is, is of ocurse the Netherlands :P)

You go to elementry/primary school. After 8 years you take a test indeed. You're supposed to be 12 then. The test is spread over 3 days, and the result of the test is an advice of some big school advisory/testmaking company of what you should do.

There are 3 "difficulties":

The lower one take 4 years. After that you can go to a higher education, which takes 3 years, or you can go do middle level.

The middle level takes 5 years. After that you can also go to a higher education, which takes 4 years. People from lower level start in the 4th year of this. You can also go to higer level.

The higher level takes 6 years. After it you can go to university. People from the middle level start in 5th year of this. After you've done 3 years in this one your education is equal to the 4 years of lower level. After you've done the full 6 years, you can go to university, which takes 6 to 10 years :P depending on what study you do.

After lower after education you can go to middle edufcation, and after that you can go to university.

EDIT: You're sig doesn't work anymore :(
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

since we're at school systems:

here (bavaria ; german school systems differ slightly) it is slightly similiar to holland.

with 6 or 7, you go to elementary school (4 years). 3rd year you start getting marks.
based on the marks you have, you get different school (levels/difficulties) options:

1. the lowest is 5 years. after that you can learn a job. if you are good enough, you can add a year and get the middle qualification. you can do an extra test at the end of the last (9th) year. after this you can learn a job.

2. middle level takes 6 years. it once was the first two years of the lowest + an extra 4 years. a few of my friends are on the old system. you can get the higher level after this, usually in evening courses, but also in schools. you can stop after 9 years. this equivalents to lower level.

3. the high level (gymnasium lol) takes 8 years. until 3 years ago, it was 9 years. I am on the 9-year-system. my brother is 8-year system, 3 years younger than me. I have 30 hrs a week, he 34. after this you can go to uni.

oh, and no smoking at school. which is good. :P
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Walking Tree wrote:3. the high level (gymnasium lol) takes 8 years. until 3 years ago, it was 9 years. I am on the 9-year-system. my brother is 8-year system, 3 years younger than me. I have 30 hrs a week, he 34. after this you can go to uni.

oh, and no smoking at school. which is good. :P
:o Our weeks are 40 hours long, thus proves that Dutch are more efficient than Germans :P (j/k alright?)

Hmm, smoking allowed here from 3rd year up, at our school. At other school smoking is allowed for every year... It isn't even illigal at all primary schools :o
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I have on average 4 classes a day, an hour and twenty minutes long each...