Splat (split from Silence bug)

Anything About Anything...
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Splat (split from Silence bug)

Post by /dev/null »

The fix for this should problem should turn into a hilarious shitstorm of new and creative ways to make it worse.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Re: Silence bug or hacking of silence feature

Post by [Anonymous] »

/dev/null wrote:The fix for this should problem should turn into a hilarious shitstorm of new and creative ways to make it worse.
Hush before I get xdude to make you rage.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Off Topic, but I don't care, and I can't accept it anymore:

Why do we have a sex offender registered here?
Most decent people would throw stones at him.
I think he's registered in enough places, nevermind a "family friendly forums".
Get this piece of shit out'a here! :!: :!:
Especially after his last thread that was edited to the point where there's no point in its existence.

With what I've read here, and him telling me himself in ways that he may aswell be boasting...
If you want to keep it family friendly; I think even if it weren't for that last thread he posted, he should be banned anyway.

This is also off topic and I hate bringing it up (especially given that when I talk to him, it's mainly nonsensical bull-shit and disagreemeants), but Durf is banned, and "Meatf**ker" isn't?
These forums are abysmal.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:These forums are abysmal.
You don't really want to have this discussion. The reasons why "this and not that" are complicated and you won't be satisfied anyway.

I guess we should split this now because it's all downhill from here.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

ConVicT wrote:Why do we have a sex offender registered here?
I think our opinions about what decent people should do differ a bit.
He got his punishment, he served his sentence. That's the end of it as far as I and local German laws are concerned. I don't currently see any evidence that he is a danger to anyone here. If his sentence or conditions of a possible early release also included obligations like "you are not allowed to go within 200 yards of any schools and you are not allowed to interact with online communities where they may be kids", it's his own responsibility to honour them or not.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Splat (split from Silence bug)

Post by Phytotron »

Still, I think one should feel free to call him the scumbag he is. :)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote:
ConVicT wrote:Why do we have a sex offender registered here?
I think our opinions about what decent people should do differ a bit.
I said "would", not should.
As for what I think people "should" do, they should chop his **** off!
Z-Man wrote: He got his punishment, he served his sentence. That's the end of it as far as I and local German laws are concerned. I don't currently see any evidence that he is a danger to anyone here. If his sentence or conditions of a possible early release also included obligations like "you are not allowed to go within 200 yards of any schools and you are not allowed to interact with online communities where they may be kids", it's his own responsibility to honour them or not.
Meat*f**ker: "I received my punishment and I did my time" is exactly what made me post here.
It's not supposed to be just punishment as a deterrent, it's also supposed to be rehabilitation, especially in his case.
But, he'll boast about what he did. He'll even go further and say he's going to rape you or your family if you "don't stop being a little bitch".
There are a lot of players in our community that don't even know about it, and if they did, he would be completely shunned.

P.S. My girlfriend's daughter has wanted to play this game for a while, and she wants to play in the server that I play in, but I won't allow it if this scumbag is in.

P.P.S. "ID Tech" let their students play this game (some as young as 9 as far as I'm aware), and they are a big part of our player base when it comes to summer.
I think maybe if they see this, this game might become a big NO, if we let this type of disgusting excuse for a human being stay.
Not like we can claim any plausible deniability.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:My girlfriend's daughter has wanted to play this game for a while, and she wants to play in the server that I play in, but I won't allow it if this scumbag is in.
If she's supervised, there shouldn't be a problem. You can modify her client to disallow chat, hide the console and whatnot. Is she old enough to understand that some players have awful names and are not to be emulated? You could also play with her on an ad-hoc LAN or using split screen (Arma supports 4 players on one screen, remember?).

I believe Drag started playing this game at 9 or 10 years of age. gArIsImO would let his 6 year old daughter play and she was better than the average Fort-n00b! I installed Arma on my gf's computer so her 10 year old son could play. I showed him the ropes and within 3 days he was bored and never played again, heh. With supervision I think Armagetron is fine for children.

How about we build in some easy parental controls for the 0.4x branch?
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

ID Tech students dont allow their students to play this game online. Seems like ol ConVict here is having a bitch session. Just another spare points to collect on the grid. I honestly think the Durf and Nelg dumbfucks would have a better chance at trapping little kids than Meathead here.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote:I have to give [Anonymous] here credit for frequently adding "So let's do something about it" with concrete suggestions.
Definitely.
He's golden.
Actually, you know what; give this guy a f**king award.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

One can see so many players say that they "raped" some other player in Armagetron. Certain players threaten families all the time. Dev's sense of humour and mine don't always align, but most of what he says is usually tongue-in-cheek. It isn't up to us to judge him for something that he has already paid for, and he will continue to pay for the rest of his life (leave alone that you don't know the circumstances). As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to sanction anyone who doesn't harm/endanger the community in any serious way. And from that angle, Durf and friends did much more harm within a few months. Hey Convict, IMHO you said way worse things a couple of times, though I'll admit that changed a little recently. I guess this is an exception again.
As for what I think people "should" do, they should chop his **** off!
Stop being such a barbarian. Here in Germany it's usually the members of the Nazi party who print on their advertisements that they want a death sentence for paedophiles and seem to have an obsession with that topic, if you look at their social media accounts. The thing is, some of them are convicted of child abuse themselves. Certainly not all people with this condition (orientation?) are tortured individuals who also got abused as children and didn't manage to break out of that circle, but that doesn't mean other people have to lower themselves on the same level so that their personal idea of justice can be served.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Phytotron wrote:Still, I think one should feel free to call him the scumbag he is. :)
Absolutely!

Convict: Now you're talking about game server bans. Those are the responsibility of the server admins. And yes, in my book, UNPROVOKED rape threats surely would be reason enough. You won't see me defending them. But also note that it may be a variation of this:
Word wrote:Sometimes I just admit to be whatever I'm insulted as, and the people who say it actually leave afterwards, probably realizing how absurd their claims are (or so I hope).
Say I did something wrong in the past and I know it was wrong, have received due punishment. Everybody else knows about it. If I then still get constant abuse and accusations about it, yeah, maybe I'd too go into "Yeah, I did that. What are you going to do about it? Maybe I should do it to you, too?" mode.
Context matters. I was not there, I can't judge.

sinewav: In principle, I'd agree, such a system would be good. But how would we design and implement it? You know that kids are usually more tech-savvy than their parents, and traditionally, all our configuration files are plain text and you can always reset everything to factory defaults by just deleting your personal configuration. We could store the parental control information in the system wide configuration files... How many parents do you think have their kids' accounts set up in a way that they can't change those?
Yeah, maybe that could work. A "LOCK" command that you can put into global configuration files that prevents future changes to settings via console and menu. So

Code: Select all

ENABLE_CHAT 0
LOCK ENABLE_CHAT
would lock all clients into chatless mode.
This is going to be complicated for parents. What they expect as usability is that they can set a pin. Once you enter the pin, you have full control in the menus and can change anything, and restrict anything. When you don't have the pin, those restricted things are locked.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote:And yes, in my book, UNPROVOKED rape threats surely would be reason enough.
Okay, well, I think maybe I'm done taking your advice because of that which I just quoted (AND IN CAPITAL LETTERS... what the ef), only says that it's okay to threaten to rape someone, if provoked. :O

Anywho, I've not seen the scum of the earth on here since this very informative thread (He's went off the grid :D).
Maybe he's using a different name and not being a d*ck now? In any case, I'm glad I made this post.
So yes, Nara, I also eat my words here as far as making thing's known is concerned.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Have you read the rest of my post? Because I give context for that. And never say it's OK.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Yes, I have read and now re-read what you said, but I still conclude that you're saying it's okay (If you're a sex offender) to use rape as some sort of defence mechanism.
Have a look at the other topic about sexism. Should "Pressure", from now on , whenever it's brought up, defend himself by being even more sexist?