Durf’s Ban (and other related topics)

Anything About Anything...
D33P
Average Program

Re: Durf’s Ban (and other related topics)

Post by D33P »

Honestly, that just makes it easier to evade and break them.
How so? The rules are already clearly not enforceable (remember how the last rule says that "these rules might be wrong" and "dont rule lawyer"?) and the more concise it is, the harder it is to get around it.
Are you saying the mods did wrong? Tank already pointed out where Z-man and Lucifer did overreact
Tank failed to mention other places where Zman and Lucifer failed their moderator duties. Also, Tank himself failed his moderator duties by unjustly banning Durf (what this entire thread is about).
So, to me at least, it seems you are just bringing back up stuff that has been long since dealt with....
What is new here?
So let me get this straight. None of this is new to any of you guys. If it isn't, and you think you are right/I'm wrong about it, why can't you invalidate my arguments? If you've had all of this information all along, it should be easy to point out exactly where my argument falls apart. So why hasn't anyone done it? There have been plenty of people that have put time into making multiple posts, but none of them have invalidated what I have said.
Nobody said the mods are perfect. You have called them out on something that they have already admitted their own fault in. I just don't get it. What is the point?

There are things that I have called them out on that they have not admitted, such as not letting Durf defend himself. The point? I've already posted why I'm doing this, but for the last time, part of the reason why I'm doing this is to educate the community. You don't think they need to be educated about this? The large amount of unsupported misinformation you guys have told me in this thread says otherwise.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

If I recall actually earlier today Durf was explaining to Swag how he could exploit the forums. If anything Durf deserve this punishment based on the way he mistreats people on tron.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Moonlight wrote:If I recall actually earlier today Durf was explaining to Swag how he could exploit the forums. If anything Durf deserve this punishment based on the way he mistreats people on tron.
What? What are you talking about? So confusing of 2 sentences, puma.
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Let's consider the abuse. Developers are already ban happy on banning people from their forums for the slightest point of critique. This can easily go further.

because the authority here has already made of their mind months ago and we should learn to accept it and move on.
Looks like this supertrooper kid is self employed full-time to defend anything and everything developers do. Every 2nd response in the discussion was from him and now this too. Wouldn't hurt to look at things objectively once in a while.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Sounds like there are some irreconcilable differences between ArmaAD's authoritarian regime and a small segment of the oppressed public. My suggestion? Stop complaining, take your destiny in your own hands, and fork the game. Durf can be your new Project God (he's talented enough, right?). If you don't have the balls to do that, then STFU because no one gives a crap about your non-existent arguments (non-existent because they don't exist in reality, considering the facts, and your statements are purely emotional).

:D Have a super day!

/thread
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

To conclude, Thanks for being ____ and giving Tank more of a reason to not have the competition subform hosted here. Oh and wasting potential development time
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

kyle wrote:Oh and wasting potential development time
That is obviously not happening right now, why did everyone bother posting instead of doing it so, LOL.
R.I.P tron
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

kyle wrote:Oh and wasting potential development time
Yea... Right...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

why can't you invalidate my arguments?
Impossible to argue with an empty vessel. You just parrot Durf's point of view and don't present anything new. There's no rational argument your side can possibly bring up to defend his actions once you realize that he just tried to steal admin powers and got punished for it like he deserved. Maybe he's a good programmer, but he's crap as a thief. There's no rational argument we can use to counter as long as you don't realize that your premise is ridiculous and based on your personal bond.
Don't want to drive a wedge between you two, but if my BFF did something like that, he simply wouldn't be my BFF anymore.

And I find it infuriating that you're now speaking of Tank's "failures" - for keeping control of the forums he owns.
Last edited by Word on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Word wrote:
why can't you invalidate my arguments?
Impossible to argue with an empty vessel. You just parrot Durf's point of view and don't present anything new. There's no rational argument your side can possibly bring up to defend his actions once you realize that he just tried to steal admin powers and got punished for it like he deserved. Maybe he's a good programmer, but he's crap as a thief. There's no rational argument we can use to counter as long as you don't realize that your premise is ridiculous and based on your personal bond.
Don't want to drive a wedge between you two, but if my BFF did something like that, he simply wouldn't be my BFF anymore.
Durf and D33P are really close tronning friends it seems, and they share a lot of the same viewpoints. Please don't judge them.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:Sounds like there are some irreconcilable differences between ArmaAD's authoritarian regime and a small segment of the oppressed public. My suggestion? Stop complaining, take your destiny in your own hands, and fork the game. Durf can be your new Project God (he's talented enough, right?). If you don't have the balls to do that, then STFU because no one gives a crap about your non-existent arguments (non-existent because they don't exist in reality, considering the facts, and your statements are purely emotional).

:D Have a super day!

/thread
QFT

Sounds like what I said earlier!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

aP|Nelg wrote:Durf and D33P are really close tronning friends it seems, and they share a lot of the same viewpoints. Please don't judge them.
I do judge them because their friendship is the sole reason for this thread's existence.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Word wrote:
aP|Nelg wrote:Durf and D33P are really close tronning friends it seems, and they share a lot of the same viewpoints. Please don't judge them.
I do judge them because their friendship is the sole reason for this thread's existence.
Whatever you say, Word, with the opinion thats always correct... NOT!

We're done here with our posts, Word. Ok. No more posting. I won't post any more either.
D33P
Average Program

Notes

Post by D33P »

I was going to post this in the thread, but it was locked right as I was about to do it. I'd like to add in my final thoughts, and suggest that the community takes a few notes.

Take note of how Zman said that he would lock this thread, but gave no actual reason for doing so

Take note of how as soon as this thread was posted, people accused me of trolling, and then these same people started to troll the thread with cat posts

Take note of how the people who trolled with cat pictures, are the same people who complain about the game being dead, and say that they try to help the game

Take note of how, while most people supposedly agree with the ban, not a single person actually was able to invalidate the arguments

Take note of how people had to resort to name calling; to “you’re stupid”; to dismissal; to ignoring, when their opinions were countered

Take note of how Ratchet implied Durf and I are retards, and the moderators had nothing to say

Take note of how, instead of taking time to address the arguments, people instead focused on the motive

Take note of how no moderator took action against purposeful derailment of a thread, when that thread has to do with Durf

Take note of all of the times that people responded to evidence with feelings

Take note of all of the cases of moderator unfairness that were pointed out in the thread

Take note of the hypocrisy.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Notes

Post by sinewav »

Take note how some people are incredible nuisances, incessantly create drama, refuse to accept any opposing viewpoints no matter how thoughtful, aggravate the people who kindly provide services for free, and in general, don't know when to cut their loses and stfu.