Cycles

Anything About Anything...
Durf
Match Winner

Cycles

Post by Durf »

Look-it:

lightcycle made with 3 instant chats (hard to do unless spam protection is off)

<two images removed; will share later>

Post any form of cycles (that you created, have seen, have picture of, whatever) you have to share!
Durf
Match Winner

Re: Cycles

Post by Durf »

About the instant chat:
I made it during a time when I made a ton of other multi-lined instant chats. (lemme know if you wanna see them)

Backslashes are tricky when it comes to instant chats (they don't seem to save - bug?)
When you start up tron, and expect such an instant chat to work, the backslashes are gone.
Therefore, we must set the instant chats EACH TIME you start up tron >_>

To get a text light cycle of your very own, SAVE the following in a CUSTOM CFG file (suggestion: chats2.cfg).

Code: Select all

INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_4 1  _______________________________    __  
INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_5 2       \\            \\           \\`'./  \`*-_
INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_6 3  _____\\____________\\___________\\___\__/==(_)
NOTE: Those commands use F4, F5, and F6; change them as you see fit.
The "1", "2", "3" are simply there to ensure each line starts with something different (avoids spam protection prefix) and produces the following:

1  _______________________________    __  
2       \            \           \`'./  \`*-_
3  _____\____________\___________\___\__/==(_)
Note: using the code I've posted is easier to use in game - messages without color codes are filtered less harshly.
However, if you're on a server with no/low spam protection, you can use something more like this:

INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_4 10x9900ff  _______________________________    0xb40000__  
INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_5 20x9900ff       \\            \\           \\`'.0xb40000/  \`*-_
INSTANT_CHAT_STRING_1_6 30x9900ff  _____\\____________\\___________\\___0xb40000\__/==(_)
NOTE: Replace color codes as you see fit. This code makes purple tail with red cycle.

Remember, to use it, you need to include that CFG file everytime tron starts up... IDK if it's a bug or not (seems like one) but backslashes don't get saved in instant chats (\\).

Enjoy! (Try not to get yourself kicked by spamming - it's tricky to use on servers with default spam protection, you have to press them close to a full second apart)
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

I made this when I had plans to create a racing server with objects (items).
I quite literally had plans to recreate Mario Kart 64 - and even have the first 4 Mushroom Cup maps made!
But alas, there has always been some kind of hosting issue or server bug that has prevented it up until now.
Perhaps I might just suck it up and script it all... we'll see what happens.
Would be neat to race with banana peels, green / red / even BLUE shells, mushroom (speed boosts), ghosts (steal items), etc.. etc..
That is part of the reason why I pushed (basically bugged Vertex to do it) LAPS racing into +ap; shame he retired though. Some of it was left unfinished.
If anyone else is interested in taking on the idea, I can give you what I have so far / help explain some of it (code-wise).

But before I get too off topic; that image was going to be used as a kind of promotional poster when that server was finished...
(was actually part of a larger promotional set of images for a bunch of servers; )
Oh well; you can see it now though.

This is some other icon I made (for no real reason other than to have it):
drf_cycle.png
drf_cycle.png (4.12 KiB) Viewed 2626 times

More cycle images to come ;o
Feel free to share your own creations, or anything you've seen around the net.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

My current alias:
Яush===
Rush===
The R isn't backwards in-game, looks better mirrored but I think it will turn out as "$" in-game, so I never bothered trying.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Neat!

That reminds me of when I tried to make a name like a light cycle; tried to modify the font picture in 0.2 such that when I type certain symbols, it's instead emoticons that I can piece together to make a light cycle!
Sad part is that it was only for me, no one else would see / wonder why I'm typing nothing by random symbols.

Neat alias though.

Anyway, here's another pic:
Drew that randomly some day; still had the doodle when I made this thread so I took a photo.
Though before that, I folded the paper to make it look like my cycle is turning - I don't think it worked xD

I might redo that drawing sometime because I didn't like how the cycle turned out (among other things)...idk though, a re-attempt is never the same.
Really it was impulsive and I wasn't trying to draw it. Specifically, it started with me trying to get my blue pen to work (get the ink flowing) and I ended up giving it shape.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

My girlfriend saw me reading this and she couldn't resist:
Attachments
Sorry, Durf, gonna have to replace my sig now :)
Sorry, Durf, gonna have to replace my sig now :)
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

:O nice
Legacy style!
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

This is on my desk:
That's not the actual color; I did some minor (not so good) editing to the photo.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Here's how Durf's insta chat cycle looks like in-game.
If you're not indefinitely banned; why didn't you ever post a screeny? :)
Attachments
Rush.PNG