360degree Video on Youtube

Anything About Anything...
Ratchet
Match Winner

360degree Video on Youtube

Post by Ratchet »

So, I'm sure many of you may have seen this already, but in case you haven't:

There's a really cool video that someone sent me on youtube. If you're viewing it from an android phone (and likely an iPhone), the camera in the video rotates as your phone orientation changes. Essentially, you have a full 360 degree viewing angle while riding in a helicopter!

Check it out on your phone if you get a chance: https://youtu.be/Po9PYGw0X28

If you're a computer user (most people who will view this): you can still view the video, but rather than turning your computer (you'd look like an idiot doing that, probably) you can use the navigation compass at the top left to achieve the same results. It's not as cool, though :P
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Durf
Match Winner

Re: 360degree Video on Youtube

Post by Durf »

Neat!

Like google maps + youtube; because I'm lame and tried it on my computer.

Sidenote: some laptops have device orientation (accelerometer), and yes the people that use them look like fools ;P

But neat! I haven't seen a (youtube) video like that before.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Ratchet wrote:So, I'm sure many of you may have seen this already, but in case you haven't:

There's a really cool video that someone sent me on youtube. If you're viewing it from an android phone (and likely an iPhone), the camera in the video rotates as your phone orientation changes. Essentially, you have a full 360 degree viewing angle while riding in a helicopter!

If you're a computer user (most people who will view this): you can still view the video, but rather than turning your computer (you'd look like an idiot doing that, probably) you can use the navigation compass at the top left to achieve the same results. It's not as cool, though :P
The song made me ragequit, why is this video any different from the rest of the wide fov videos that exist.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

/dev/null wrote:The song made me ragequit, why is this video any different from the rest of the wide fov videos that exist.
I think that was supposed to be a question :D

Watch the video on an android phone and you'll understand.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

/dev/null wrote:
Ratchet wrote:So, I'm sure many of you may have seen this already, but in case you haven't:

The song made me ragequit, why is this video any different from the rest of the wide fov videos that exist.
It's a video taken like the pictures on the Google cars. Basically, street view pictures (360 panning) in video format. It's actually a pretty cool idea, in my opinion.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

DEVO - What We Do interactive panorama