Moderator Abuse...again

Anything About Anything...
Durf
Match Winner

Moderator Abuse...again

Post by Durf »

Let's get one thing straight here:
There is a recurring problem.

(quick note to the reader's, if you have a problem with this thread, then just leave now - your response will only instigate posts from me about why you shouldn't be posting here in the first place )

This example depicts that problem perfectly:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 14#p291814
Besides moderation being uncalled for, note the reason.
This is an example of a moderator trolling a specific user (not that I'm even mad).

Lucifer, this (and your previous edit) is clearly you just trying to make a statement; like as if you're trying to prove that you can abuse if you want and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
And in the end, I don't care if Tank Program will allow you to be such an abusive moderator - all I was ever after was understanding. If you're going to be doing things like that, then actually admit to it instead of being a little bitch trying to excuse yourself. You know very well what you're doing and you want to turn it into some kind of game - but you're too ill-equipped to begin with.

Both Lucifer and Z-Man: I already have 7 or 8 issues that I'm going to be discussing with Tank Program until a valid resolution is reached.
I am unable to talk with either of you about them, or you have deliberately tried to avoid EACH and EVERY one of those issues.
However, you both seem to find enjoyment in producing more and more problems (issues) to dispute.
If you had any self-control, you would at least see the recurring pattern and halt the moderation being done until something more concrete can be decided - reason being because if (note, IF, stating the possibility), if you are being abusive, and if that abuse will result in the loss of your position on these forums, then you should quit taking abusive actions while the list of offenses is still minimal. But hey, I don't expect you to see that as genuine advice - it's there if you have the capacity to see it.

@Lucifer, if this is you doing everything you can while you still can, you're even more pathetic than I imagined. But I never expected honor from you - I only ever expected that this website actually had real moderators.

If you guys want to do your jobs as moderator and go through the issues with me, then you're going to finish what you start and go through each one without bringing up something else so as to avoid the discussion - no locking the thread either since you're just avoiding the issue.

So Lucifer, you want to explain your edit(s)?
Are you, as moderator, permitted to edit a user's post without reason to edit them?
Are you, as moderator, permitted to make an attempt to deliberately piss a user off?
What example are you setting for everyone? And how do you expect this example to improve the community as a whole?

By all means, if you want me to dump everything into this thread, just try your usual bullshit - I can show (increasingly) more examples of how the both of you aren't fit to moderate these forums.
But hey, you could always prove me wrong by refuting the claims like a normal moderator and not like an upset tyrant.

Funny thing is, too, that I was suspecting these two of being trolls (which is quite the claim, but now that I think about it, and all the fake names, and the environment this community portrays, it is all starting to make sense)... I guess we will see in the end by their actions.

Will they avoid truth? Or will they make truth known.
If Lucifer isn't a little bitch, he will at least attempt to justify his actions (note, as offensive as this line might be to some people, this was defined as acceptable by Lucifer - take it up with him if you don't like it). But I'm sure that will be determined shortly.

(note, this isn't some flaming thread, and I'm not posting this out of emotion in any fashion - this is a concern to address the contradictions on what has been said, and what is being shown by the moderators)
(if you get mad at me for creating such a thread or otherwise think that I cannot simply drop an issue - I would remind you that this was instigated by an action that Lucifer has previously taken [actually, I've ignored quite a few cases until this latest one that was directed towards me] and that you are currently experiencing more emotions than I had in writing this thread)
Overrated
Match Winner

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by Overrated »

Without knowing the context of the original post, I'm guessing the italicized words are ones Lucifer replaced with less derogatory terms. The reasoning doesn't sound fair, given he says it's just to, "piss Durf off." Given the context of the post, however it seems like it needed moderated anyway.*

So in this instance, abuse? Probably not. Poor choice of words? Probably.

*assuming that the post was actually changed.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Anyone ever hear of the story, "the boy who cried Abuse" I think Durf landed the starting role. :)
asdasd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdasd »

I don't understand why u continue to write these long ass posts durf.. is it to showoff your intelligence? is it too show you have all the time in da world? or is it jus to BORE us all death?!
Image ImageImageImage
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Actually, that post contained hate speech and needed to be moderated.

The reason i put is blatantly trolling Durf, but the post itself needed to be dealt with.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

shouldn't you be the mature one of the 2?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I think there should be some sort of "click to see original post" button. Why shouldn't I be allowed to read it?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

ConVicT wrote:I think there should be some sort of "click to see original post" button. Why shouldn't I be allowed to read it?
Agreed. There's no legitimate reason you shouldn't, if you want. Cleaning up such trash enables casual readers to read casually. But if you want to see the original, at least in this case, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to.

Unfortunately, phpBB doesn't store the other versions, as far as I know.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I'll try to be quiet here though.
Attachments
Almost.jpg
Last edited by Word on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Ooooh so Word, if someone tells him to get over it they get bingo?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Word

Post by Word »

Eh, no, this is just what he will say here/everywhere in one form or another (small exception: when he's asking something completely bonkers but is dead-serious about it: "Are you saying that....?"--"No". I just added the predictable answer for clarity). I collected all of these from the other topic (here), where I posted one that isn't filled out yet. Feel free to use/improve.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Lucifer is a tyrant we got that a while ago. His level of intelligence is on a diminutive scale. Durf maybe you should realize your arguments causes Lucifer's dysphemism to show which leads to his phycological disorder to appear through abusing his moderating power.

P.S Tank Program is a joke and Lucifer intererates him even more. He'd probably die in a pillow fight if you ask me.

At this point Durf you're turning into a well developed troll. I am truly proud.
(Calmly waits for the fast track goons to come to Durf's rescue and indemnify his arguement)
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Lucifer wrote:Actually, that post contained hate speech and needed to be moderated.

The reason i put is blatantly trolling Durf, but the post itself needed to be dealt with.
It would appear that you succeeded at both of your objectives. Especially now that this topic has been started.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word

Post by Word »

I still see all this in black-and-white. Lucifer's post? Comedy. Durf's post? Taking it literally as always, either intentionally or by misunderstanding it. Is it a far stretch if I say that most of us wouldn't mind if Durf/Amaso and the likes just get banned permanently? Amaso is an outright troll. Durf contributed some stuff to the game, but do we want the forums to remain a no-man's-land because of that? How can we expect the developers to develop when they are constantly busy (that is, during the limited amount of time they already have) to reply to someone who doesn't know how to read and suspects a conspiracy (Durf)/insults everyone and tells the devs they're lazy (Amaso). They're asking for it loudly and clearly. A ban is isn't the same as the death penalty after all. Durf is already at odds with the part of the community that matters (to me, at least), so he doesn't really lose anything. He can make his own forums to live out his fantasies there.
I cooked up my own conspiracy by the way, Durf is actually Code Hunter/Rajinn. :)

(Yes I know I'm breaking my vow of silence for the nth time)
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

:(

@Lucifer
You should know better than to wind durf up, even if you were only being sarcastic.

@Durf
Firstly, you write far, far, far too much...so much more than is necessary for you to get your point(s) across. You really, really need to learn to write much, much, much more concisely because your current writing style makes you seem dumb and emotional.
Secondly, you didn't even realise that Lucifer's editing of the post in question was required; the only issue with it was the reason he stated for the edit, which was sarcasm, even if that wasn't a good idea.
Playing since December 2006