Moderator Abuse...again

Anything About Anything...
Locked
User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by ConVicT »

Word wrote:Huh? If the mods threaten to hack arma forums?
No, the argument is reversed, but they're still who they are (too you).
So things like edits "just to piss off Durf" would be edits "just to piss off Lucifer"
Would that be acceptable to you?
And actually, I'll go back through it some other time, but have you actually ever said that you thought that was bang out?
I don't think you did, therefore: Sheep

How about this: If you're such the bigger person (and anyone else that is), just stop the replies, unless you get addressed?
Last edited by ConVicT on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4188
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by Word »

I actually defended Durf before this, as did many of the others, but nevermind. If you were a mod you could accuse me of opportunism and you'd have a point. And your comparison is flawed. The moderators don't spam the forums with their crap and don't harass people with PMs, and they don't threaten to hack them/risk our passwords as they want. Lucifer edited a post that needed to be moderated and predicted that Durf would react in a dumb way, which Durf did, thereby reinforcing what was said about him. What the moderators are to me matters here only insofar as they simply don't do all the stuff Durf does. All of these 30 people are far more patient with the guy than he would deserve if he was was a sane person who would call people names all the time and accuse people of ridiculous stuff that only makes sense in the bubble around his head. Besides, how does the fact that one of these players and I happen to like one another diminish a single argument against whatever Durf claims? But we already had this, you're just suspecting a conspiracy like Durf does.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by ConVicT »

Word wrote: What the moderators are to me matters here only insofar as they simply don't do all the stuff Durf does.
Contribute to the game, make the game better, provide servers (Very creative servers), scripts, what-not?
Nah, they just answer you if they can be bothered to, or edit posts for a laugh, as far as I see.
Show me what they provide except a defence for themselves.
Good moderation certainly matters... Don't see it anywhere when it comes down to the reasons for this argument.

Think of it this way:
if there were a scoreboard of wrongdoings, then the mods have committed a couple, Durf has but an alleged one.
You do the math.

...Also before this, he got attacked first, so let's just put that down to preemptive self defence.

Yes he has a gun next to him but it doesn't mean he'll use it; "assurance"
The same way that you'd have a gun in your household if guns are legal, with a license.
You're not going around shooting all intruders that you know of... Only when they intrude on your property, or in this case, Durf's rights. Why shouldn't he assure this person of what he can do, if he had to?
Word wrote: Besides, how does the fact that one of these players and I happen to like one another diminish a single argument against whatever Durf claims? But we already had this, you're just suspecting a conspiracy like Durf does
Edit: First comes first; how did you edit that after 2 posts later without it saying you have? (I know because I'm bored and I'm only doinmg this and playing slavehack, so don't say it's not happening).

And to answer your question.
I wasn't talking about you. There's another two that post almost consecutively (one probably wouldn't post if the other one didn't ask them to).
Again, you probably see who I mean... No pointing elbows.

Facking 7th Edit for this lol: Makes ya think, if you can make your posts now look unedited, who's to say that every quote and ever line of evidence provided by you, wasn't edited?
I know, and you know they can (You can now, for some reason).
If I bring something from the past up, it will be gone for your defence because it was edited out, and shows no edits

I didn't think about a "conspiracy" before, but now that you mention it...
Last edited by ConVicT on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

karas
Average Program
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by karas »

.dBd|High Rubber (8/12): Dog, HmAunaTefrAlL, Illumanati, mindcreation, PooBanger, xXxITZArFlExXx, _iTzsPy, {OMG}HeadHunter.
>>> FASTTRACK 1v1 <<< (6/16): -Magic-, aM|Esox, Demons, Im|Zyzz, KS|Loubob, Lyme.
The SNEAKY Submarine (4/14): AuronPlay, , nara, someone.
The YELLOW Submarine (2/12): madscientist, MonsterRoar.
Alpha Project - LOVER$BOYs Racing (2/24): israel pro, Visua1.
Rx ~ Loose Insomnia Clan Dogfight East USA ~ Rx (2/12): 6lu.J^y, .

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by Ratchet »

You can only edit your post without a edit message if no one has posted after you.

As far as the other stuff goes, yeah. I don't have the time for this. I'll try and catch up in a month or something when I'm not trying to do so much homework.

This is getting boring anyways. I like what Monkey said in his most recent post. It pretty much sums up my present opinion fairly well.
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by ConVicT »

This gun analogy is golden.
Venijn wrote:It's like me pointing out my loaded gun next to me, and suggesting I might use it on you.... it's not a threat though.
ConVicT wrote: ...Also before this, he got attacked first, so let's just put that down to preemptive self defence.

Yes he has a gun next to him but it doesn't mean he'll use it; "assurance"
The same way that you'd have a gun in your household if guns are legal, with a license.
You're not going around shooting all intruders that you know of... Only when they intrude on your property, or in this case, Durf's rights. Why shouldn't he assure this person of what he can do, if he had to?
For me personally, I'd say he fired a warning shot.
I can see how some may view it as blackmail, but would it be blackmail for someone that had a shotgun in their hand and saying to a murderer (mods) (They're not murderers, obviously, but just for this analogy) "if you try to kill me, I'll shoot"?
If we're speaking that all he loses is access to here because he's banned.
That's like killing him as far as him saying anything else here is concerned.
So the murderer tried, Durf fires a warning shot.
Does he try that one again. (Hopefully not, I don't want to die, or have to shoot you Durf thinks)...
...But come at me again and that's it!

That's my summary of the goings on 8)

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by ConVicT »

Word wrote:Huh? If the mods threaten to hack arma forums? And you're wrong, the only thing that unifies all of these 30 players is that they think Durf should shut up or get banned. Of all the players in that list, there are like two or three I'm sort of affiliated with and five I regularly clash with. I'm sure most of the others feel the same.
"People who just can't bothered" obviously don't make a strong case either. If they don't use the forums that Durf is spamming, why should they have a say?
"these 30 players" used to say "these (~30 players)
This just in:
Image
""People who just can't bothered" obviously don't make a strong case either. If they don't use the forums that Durf is spamming, why should they have a say?"
was literally added about 5 minutes ago ( I shit you not)

Obviously you realise that this post shows it has no edits :?

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by aP|Nelg »

I made a php script and it counted 32 players...
1) Lucifer
2) Z-Man
3) Nanu Nanu
4) Ratchet
5) Venom
6) Goody
7) Gonzap
8) Magi
9) Liz
10) Phytotron
11) kyle
12) Monkey
13) Light
14) /dev/null
15) dinobro
16) Titanoboa
17) desgorn
18) Soul
19) Boxed
20) Gazelle
21) Word
22) Orion
23) tak
24) CPU
25) 16
26) Taz
27) Olive
28) that syagexxx guy
29) ppotter
30) compguy
31) wap
32) madmax
_________________
32 players listed

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
//string:
$string = "Lucifer, Z-Man, Nanu Nanu, Ratchet, Venom, Goody, Gonzap, Magi, Liz, Phytotron, kyle, Monkey, Light, /dev/null (I think), dinobro, Titanoboa, desgorn, Soul, Boxed, Gazelle (?), Word, Orion, tak, CPU, 16, Taz (yes he used irony), Olive, that syagexxx guy, ppotter, compguy, wap, madmax";

//script:
error_reporting(~E_NOTICE);
$string = ' '.$string;
$split = explode(',',$string);
$x = 0;
foreach($split as $p)
{
	$x++;
	$e = explode('(',$p);
	$y = strlen($x);
	$s = null;
	if($y == 1)
	{
		$s = ' ';
	}
	echo "$x){$s}$e[0]\n";
}
echo "_________________\n$x players listed\n";
?>

dinobro
Average Program
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by dinobro »

ConVicT wrote: I'd say only ten of those people are competent of having their own opinion and not just being a sheep.
Oh right, you are totally in a position to tell whose opinion is valid and whose isnt... Strangely convenient all "sheep" are against durf, aye?
Look, in this case Durf would even make some sense if not for the fact that his whole premise is flawed. He thinks there is some conspiracy of mods against him.... There isn't therefore everything he says is just incredibly stupid and his retaliation promise is Solid ground to permaban as this person is unable to think rationally.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by ConVicT »

dinobro wrote:
ConVicT wrote: I'd say only ten of those people are competent of having their own opinion and not just being a sheep.
Oh right, you are totally in a position to tell whose opinion is valid and whose isnt... Strangely convenient all "sheep" are against durf, aye?
I don't see how I'm not in the position.
I check these forums regularly, enough to know who's actually paying attention and giving their say, and the other ones who've read jack shit and just giving their tuppence worth.

And it's not convenient at all, it's a coincidence :wink:

User avatar
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago-ish

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by /dev/null »

If you want to attempt and fail to hack someone, im always here. Ill give you my ip and all my open ports.

Throw yourself upon the castle walls.

go.lookitupongoogle.com

Bring the pain food.

dinobro
Average Program
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by dinobro »

ConVicT wrote:And it's not convenient at all, it's a coincidence :wink:
Somehow, I don't see you mentioning Amaso, a known troll whose only purpose on this forum is troll even more and fuel the drama. Guess what? He supports Durf as mentioned in this thread. Coincidence?
You took your side and mindlessly throw irrelevant arguments just to support your weak points. If you want to call anyone a sheep, I would advise to start from yourself.

User avatar
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago-ish

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by /dev/null »

Ive eaten amaso as well.

Slayer put it well

"I keep the bible in a pool of blood so none of it lies can effect me."

Overrated
Match Winner
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 am

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by Overrated »

Can we just put up a poll on this matter and call it done with? I think the fact this is still dragging on is ridiculous. Just put up options that involves i.e. remove mod status from lucifer, free durf, zman is hypocritical, etc. Let the community decide and end this discussion once and for all. Then in the future further discussion can warrant bans and/or locked topics. I think it's been a waste of time overall but that's just me.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.

User avatar
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:28 pm
Location: Chicago-ish

Re: Moderator Abuse...again

Post by /dev/null »

This isnt a democracy, we arent removing mods from anyone, adjust your options accordingly.

Dont like how we run things, leave. Also, durf has always been free. We mute about as often as we care, which is basically never.

Frankly, I find your flavor... OVERRATED

Sunglasses
Exit

Locked