Café de Boredom

Anything About Anything...
Ratchet
Match Winner

Café de Boredom

Post by Ratchet »

There's no more juicy posts!! It's lame.

(just kidding, Z-man! don't eat me!)

Really, though, this is like the "spam"ish forum. How's everyone's day going? I just had finals because I'm on a quarter system at my university. Circuits II went kinda okay and Calculus 4 went great. I was exempt from Sociology and Physics finals :D. I'm pretty sure I got a 3.5 this quarter (on a 4.0 scale) which isn't too bad. 2 A's and 2 B's!

Electrical Engineering is fun :D

So, tell me about your day! Are you in school? Do you work? What do you do?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Re: Café de Boredom

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Ratchet wrote: Calculus 4 went great.
You monster!
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

:oops: how dare you call me a monster :(
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I'm sorry :(
You... cute, cuddly monster?
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Hahah. what's your beef with me doing good on my calculus final? :/
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I'm only in calculus one and I already hate it D:
Maybe the monster was calculus 4, or maybe you're an even bigger monster for conquering that monster!
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I hated Calc 1, but the subsequent classes were significantly less painful. My university teachers treat Calc 1 as a "weed-out" class because it's the math that most engineering students start in. If you can make it past that class it's full steam ahead! I'm taking differential equations next :D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I have three papers to finish until the start of April, and I'm waiting how my first bachelor's test turned out. Person referenced in the rather boring post here and the short one here (but not here) and I are talking to one another again. Not going to mess it up.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Oh! Good luck on everything, especially that particular person :) I wish you the best!
Word

Post by Word »

Haha, thanks. Good luck to you as well, of course. :-)
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Calc 1 is limits, Limits are fun :)
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Electrical Engineering FTW!
I'm doing my bachelor thesis this semester in that direction, just started working at some company. ^^
And I do have similar experience with Maths-1 (and EE-1 too) where those who don't math/physics get weeded out. Not too familiar with english/american terms in education, what's going on in calc 4?
Word

Post by Word »

Hey Ratchet, seems like your spiritual support already helped, I just found out I passed with the best possible result, after weeks of uncertainty. :-)
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

That's awesome Word! Half way through your sentence I thought you had made plans with your special someone or something haha. That's really exciting though! What's next for you?

@Vov: Yes! Electrical Engineering FTW :D

I find it interesting that you guys have a Bachelor's thesis. As far as I know our universities only do that for Masters and Doctorates. (I've never heard of someone doing a Bachelor's thesis)

I am going to start working with Beta Engineering over the summer. They've hired me on as an intern :) I'll be working 40 hour work weeks all summer long making $15/hr. Plus, they'll be paying for me to live in an apartment/dorm of a nearby college. So, I'm pretty stoked about it! :D
(and I'm only in my Sophomore year in college! according to them I'll likely be hired next summer and then full time after college!)

As far as classes go,
Calculus 1: advanced trigonometry, limits, matrixes/systems of equations (A LOT)
Calculus 2: derivatives, integrals, limits
Calculus 3: double/triple integrals, more limits
Calculus 4: integrals galore, gradient vectors, vector functions, line integrals, divergence, curl, sequences, series, Green's theorem, Stokes' Theorem, LaGrange Multipliers, blah blah blah

The list above is just what I can remember. I don't feel like going back and figuring out each class's curriculum, haha.

I've also taken Engineering 120, 121, 122 which was basically a hands-on introduction to engineering. If I get the time or motivation I'll add more details regarding this :) I made a lot of neat stuff happen!

As for this year, I've taken Circuits 1 and Circuits 2 which teach about things like Thevenin, Norton, KCL/KVL, Nodal Analysis, Mesh Analysis, RL/RC circuits, RLC circuits, op amps, AC steady state, impedances, Delta-Wye three phase loads, and everything that goes with them (including all the things I forgot to mention).

I've also taken Intro to Digital Design which is a programming class where we did a bunch of stuff with a Nexys4 board. It was really cool! The next class I have that uses this is Microprocessors (which I'm taking next) and we'll interface external controls with it. So, that'll be really cool :)
Word

Post by Word »

Ratchet wrote:What's next for you?
That was the archaeology exam, now I need to finish a few smaller tests/longer papers so I can do the same in classical philology soon. That'll keep me busy for a while.
Honestly though, being in a ladle final with CTb was just as great to me as this. :P