Funny as all get-out

Anything About Anything...
User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Funny as all get-out

Post by Lucifer »

I'm ******* hilarious.

I've been reading over everything I've posted in the last hour, as well as what I put in IRC, and there's only one logicaly conclusion to draw:

I'm ******* funny.

If you don't find me funny, you don't understand the joke. You're not as smart as you pretend to be! (I'm looking at, well, a few people, /dev/null in particular has no sense of humor)

It doesn't matter if you can core dump me, or conquer my fortress, or grind against my all a thousand times before you decide to quit camping, none of that matters.

I'm ******* funny.

So LAUGH!

If you're not laughing, you're probably German, Russian, Slovakian, Turkish, or some other non-USA name. (Like, maybe you're Hawaiian!!)

This entire post was ******* hilarious.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Maldor »

somebody out there should reconsider you being a mod on these forums.

because you are really getting annoying and making bunch of nonsense posts.

or editing peoples posts, is that okay z man???

and yea you are not funny at all
Image

Olive
Match Winner
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Olive »

oh come on Lucy, you can do better!
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by aP|Nelg »

Maldor wrote:somebody out there should reconsider you being a mod on these forums.

because you are really getting annoying and making bunch of nonsense posts.

or editing peoples posts for no good reason, is that okay z man???

and yea you are not funny at all
fixed (in a good way of course)
Lucifer wrote:I'm not ******* hilarious.

I've been reading over everything I've posted in the last hour, as well as what I put in IRC, and there's only one logicaly conclusion to draw:

I'm not ******* funny.

If you don't find me funny, I'm not being very funny. You're not as smart as you pretend to be! (I'm looking at, well, a few people, /dev/null in particular has no sense of humor)

It doesn't matter if you can core dump me, or conquer my fortress, or grind against my all a thousand times before you decide to quit camping, none of that matters.

I'm not ******* funny.

So DO NOT LAUGH BECAUSE I'M FAILING AT BEING FUNNY!

If you're not laughing, you're probably German, Russian, Slovakian, Turkish, or some other non-USA name. (Like, maybe you're Hawaiian!!)

This entire post was not ******* hilarious.
Fixed your post too

I don't "Pretend" to be smart, I am an American, and I'm not laughing.

Lets see, some posts that you made:

You posting ridiculous posts like this that make absolutely no sense whatsoever:
Lucifer wrote:I disagree with Durf. your server doesn't suck, it just will never be as good as Durf pretends it will be.
Which has 2 statements contradicting each other.
Lucifer wrote:I have a $100 penis to offer, but whether or not I win, only my wife can claim the prize... (yes, if the prize included y'all's worthless penises, she can claim those too, but she won't, she knows what works for her, and y'all don't)
What kind of a post is that?!?!?!?!
Lucifer wrote:If you're not laughing, you're probably German, Russian, Slovakian, Turkish, or some other non-USA name. (Like, maybe you're Hawaiian!!)
Hawaii is part of America... Was that supposed to be a joke because I'm not laughing at all. Would you like it if I made fun of you living in Texas?

And for this last one, I took a snapshot: (Click it to view the full-sized one)
Image
Thats not a civilized sentence at all, Lucifer.

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Lucifer »

Olive wrote:oh come on Lucy, you can do better!
Yeah, i only got one person dismantling my post. ;(
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11425
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Z-Man »

Maldor wrote:or editing peoples posts, is that okay z man???
Generally? Yes, how else would he do his job? Mine specifically? If it's done properly with edit markings, sure. No prob. Also, if you haven't noticed, I tend to edit posts of sock puppets as well instead of banning them if they turn out to be trouble. Not saying you're certainly sock puppet, but low post count and chiming in on threads vehemently agreeing with one side are classic signs. You may be just a new guy with strong opinions.

That said, tone it down, Lucifer, please.

User avatar
Sock
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 pm
Location: Z-Man's couch

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Sock »

Z-Man wrote:Not saying you're certainly sock puppet
Are you kidding? Totally a sock puppet. Sock can tell by the smell.
Last edited by Z-Man on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No edit, but disclosure: that's mine. Created to test forum functions mostly.

xXSyagehtllikXx
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by xXSyagehtllikXx »

Sock puppet dance go!
Last edited by Z-Man on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: This one isn't.

User avatar
Magi
Match Winner
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Magi »

am laffin.gif
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

bye

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Durf »

@Lucifer: Setting aside your racists comments for a moment; it doesn't matter if you thought you were funny.
Here is the issue:

In this thread, rule #7 states:
7. "It was meant to be funny" is no valid excuse, unless the moderators think it was funny. Do you want to take your chances with that?
Now this should be easy enough for everyone to understand.
Notice what rule #9 says:
9. Don't be a rule lawyer. This list is incomplete and up for interpretation, and maybe just wrong in places.
This is probably a case where the rules are just plain wrong. (you can complain about my "lawyering" later; after we deal with your subsequent racism, AFTER we deal with this issue too - this being said; don't be so upset just because you're failing as a moderator - the truth is the truth and even if I wasn't here it would still be the truth)

Allow me to explain:
I'm fairly certain that the rules were written with the intention of moderating the posts of users (all users).
Rule #7 should not be an excuse for a moderator to post offensive material and then only to justify it with "I thought it was funny".
This basically defeats the entire purpose of the rule itself = moderator abuse; you are literally valuing your poor sense of humor over the opinion and feelings of the users of this forum (overall you're a disgrace when you try to call yourself a moderator).
Besides, shouldn't you be setting an example? If I were to start joking at laughing at your small penis, you'd think it's funny right? My post wouldn't get edited?
Somehow I doubt you would resist being a hypocrite that much.

If you don't see how this is unfair to the users of this forum, you aren't qualified to be a moderator; let alone the choices you've made in abusing that rule (definitely not qualified).

Lucifer, if you really think you can try to be funny at the potential cost of every other user of these forums, then you shouldn't be moderator (how can you not see that as something wrong to do?); if you think you have more of a right (privilege) to try to express your sense of humor (no matter how bad it is) more than any other user of these forums, then you are an abusive moderator.
A moderator moderates; since when does a moderator post offensive material?
Since when does the moderators opinion matter when other people are offended? (you can't justify offensive material with personal opinion)
Just because you thought it was okay (because of your personal sense of humor) doesn't mean that other users will; seriously at least try to be smart about this.

Or was all this supposed to be your final stand? Like as if you knew your moderator status was in jeopardy and wanted to make the best of it while you still could...(which btw, wtf? even if that was the case, being stupid is making the best of it?)
You have only been proving to everyone how you should not be a moderator.


Also...no, it wasn't funny; for self-depreciating humor, it was mediocre at best. That being said, there are far more reasons to be offended by your post than to laugh at it.

So tell me, are moderators above the rules or not?
Are those rules written specifically to allow unfair treatment of users?
I should be able to assume that they aren't, but from what has been going on lately, I can't make that assumption; in fact, I can only infer the opposite.

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Ratchet »

Durf, you've violated rules #1 and #6 in no less than your last 15 posts.
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Durf »

Prove it.

Rule #1 shouldn't be an excuse to call someone an idiot. Besides, you can just call them one and explain how they are - it's much more effective than trying to make use of that poorly written rule.
If your only reasoning is that my posts are too long for you, then there's more to support you being an idiot than me.

I'm genuinely curious where you saw "fire" in my posts; please provide an example, because if I did use "fire" I can assure you it was unintentional (my posts aren't emotional outbursts - they're valid concerns explained in detail). If none can be provided that meets the definition of "fire", then your claim of my violations of rule #6 are in themselves just "fire" and to be ignored.

But hey, if you think you're not violating rule #6 or rule #9, then why are you posting? You're essentially doing the very thing you're claiming I've done.
If you were here with a purpose, you would have approach the situation properly; so I ask again, what is your purpose?

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Word »

That you demand courtesy and respect now is funny, since you don't grant it anyone else.

1 page of "idiot"
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/search. ... mit=Search
3 pages of "ass"
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/search. ... mit=Search

some more:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/search. ... mit=Search

Compare that to how often others and myself used those words since we are signed up here to put down someone. Needless to say that your long posts don't make you more credible either. For the average reader you're now just a whiney blockhead who wraps his insults in a lot of gibberish, so congratulations.

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Durf »

See here:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... et#p291126
Scroll down to the bit that's highlighted (it's quite a ways).

You'll note the moment that Z-Man loses the respect needed for courtesy / the level of respect I'm required to show him has adjusted since that specific time (among a few other times, that was the largest iirc).
I can assure you that anyone else I've "insulted" is under the same treatment (as is everyone - be respectable if you want respect; I don't show disrespect to those who don't deserve it or have otherwise disrespected me directly).

That being said, after being disrespected, I don't find it absurd to ask for some respect; get over your hate for me and maybe you'd be able to see that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and respectfully - no matter how hypocritical I am, why is a moderator allowed to ignore such a request? (think carefully about that answer - plus, it's not hypocritical. It's a fairly easy to understand concept)





Though you've made me realize that perhaps some of what I say might just go over the average reader's head.
Which is part of the reason why I made this thread. Somehow, you seem to have a problem with that too >_>

But hey, if you're irrationally hating at this point, why does your opinion matter? Surely you can understand what respect is. I'm surprised you decide to lose some for yourself as a means of defending someone you shouldn't even care that much about anyway (your choice of words with me has changed from decent enough to disrespectful, because of interactions not involving you - you can't expect respectful wording from me in the future by doing that)




Also note your value as a forum user and what you're serving for the purpose of this thread.
All you're doing is attacking me (and failing). Try doing something useful maybe?

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Funny as all get-out

Post by Word »

Though you've made me realize that perhaps some of what I say might just go over the average reader's head.
I can't speak for others, but when I wrote that I had the opposite direction in mind. I can see that you're interpreting everything as "hate" now in order to protect yourself. Frankly, I find debating with you too pointless to hate you. I also don't hate little children or old people with Alzheimer's.

Edit: And I got a PM by Durf again. Mind if I post it? I'm not asking you Durf, I don't think you get to decide that anymore.


(Of course I won't post it because it's as boring and meaningless as the rest of this debate, but perhaps it helps if you're treated the way you treat others. Hey, I won't expose you as the fraud you are, but I have some compromising PMs!!!!)

Locked