To Durf (open letter, if you will)

Anything About Anything...
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: To Durf (open letter, if you will)

Post by Vogue »

<snip>
Last edited by Z-Man on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tro
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Maldor »

<snip>
Last edited by Z-Man on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: lolololo.
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Maldor »

<snip>
Last edited by Z-Man on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning handed out, too.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Is there any way to get Durf to stop spamming my PM inbox despite the fact he's been on my foe list since January 15th?

(No, I haven't opened any of them.)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yes. While you are looking at your inbox, there is a "Rules, folders & settings" link on the left. Click it and set up a "If Sender is Durf Delete Message" rule.
It's not perfect. It will look to him like you actually read the message, and you will still see a "x new messages" info on the main page until you visit your inbox, at which time filtering will take place.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

compguygene wrote:I think that in the above post, you have shown the complete difference of viewpoint about the mods and their actions that you hold vs. the rest of us. Specifically, in regards to this post. To most of us, this is the perfect example of Lucifer fulfilling his role as court jester and taking an already kinda funny post and making it much more funny. It would not have worked had he not noted that he edited it and why. Also, the poster, Liz, even acknowledged that she didn't care about the edit. She probably laughed along with the rest of us.
This seems to be your best example of "Moderator Abuse", yet we don't perceive it as such.
1) this isn't my "best example", and just an example. If you read the link, it says "in the public where everyone can see". Providing more examples would require posting more PMs. (that being said, of course you don't see it)
2) We should all know what the definition of "abuse" (verb) is right? To misuse, use abnormally, etc.. If you consider that there was absolutely no reason to take moderator action, then what Lucifer did is, by definition, abuse of his moderator status.
3) You say that he fulfills his role as court jester. Are you implying that this kind of abuse is to be EXPECTED from Lucifer? That this community is aware of his abusive behavior and puts up with it like it's some kind of a joke? Now, even if this is the case - how does this justify his position regarding banning me from these forums? Was that just a joke? Am I supposed to laugh? Surely you can see how having a moderator with such expectations, then to have them be allowed to pass "valid" judgement on users is just asking for trouble.. (at the very least, the court jester should have left it up to a real moderator to do the banning). If he's supposed to be a complete joke of a moderator who is expected to abuse powers in an attempt at humor, then where is this warning? Where can new users see this information so we can be prepared for this kind of treatment? (and think about the obvious reasons why it isn't written anywhere).
In the end, it (the example) was abuse of moderator status. People like you are the ones to say "it's okay to mistreat users Lucifer, so long as you are funny"; unless you think abuse is a joke, you should have a problem with his pattern of behavior (habits).

You fail to see how this is a problem because you seem to have selective attention (I don't blame you, you weren't abused by him afaik, so you wouldn't have been exposed to much of the examples that I have with me - again, this is just one, public, example. Something you CAN see).
At the very least, you could stop focusing on how my opinion is simply different than yours, and look into WHY it is different.

@Vogue & Maldor: lol

@Phytotron: LOL! 2 PMs isn't "spamming your inbox" (they weren't even sent in the same day iirc).
That being said, one of the PMs actually gives you a tip / solution to a concern you expressed in some thread (a technical issue - quite literally that PM could only offer you something you'd want, or at worst, something you'd feel indifferent towards).
I find it hilarious how badly you're overreacting simply because you dislike me xD
You attempts to besmirch me with such trollish measures only show how you're just being an ass. Get over your hate.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

tl;dr everyone except durf is an ass
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Durf has a voice and deserves to express himself.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

So after skimming over this thread, why do you guys hate durf so much? Many posters on here get long winded and a nice handful make fuckballs for sense. For an example look at my post history, I dont see you guys trying to burn the witch with me.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I think maybe you're just a lost cause and never prove anything wrong :roll:
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Amaso wrote:Durf has a voice and deserves to express himself.
That's so discriminating towards mutes.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Titanoboa wrote:
Amaso wrote:Durf has a voice and deserves to express himself.
That's so discriminating towards mutes.
LOL it is not xD
Even if they meant "voice" in the literal sense, saying that I deserve to express myself is not saying that I deserve it BECAUSE I have a voice.
Which means, having a voice is not a requirement to expressing yourself.

Even so, we're all posting words on a forum - we can safely assume they meant it figuratively.
That being said, even mutes have a "voice" (figuratively meaning an ability to express themselves).

All this being said - everyone deserves to express themselves, regardless of what they have (or don't have).

Funny though, how quick you were to jump out at something that just isn't there.
Assuming that your post isn't a joke, you prove how the problem resides within you.

Assuming your post is a joke, I just "LOL" and shake my head..