The definition of "race" (are Nazis a race?)

Anything About Anything...
Durf
Match Winner

The definition of "race" (are Nazis a race?)

Post by Durf »

This is mostly for dinobro and anyone else that is still unsure on what the word actually means and more importantly, answer the question "Are Nazis are a race?".

Read and learn. This explores in specific details the differences people get confused over (and you're right to get confused, the definition has changed so much)

This is the thread (and most recent post) with the sub-topic of what "race" means.

This is my response:

...One step forward, two steps back...
dinobro wrote:Durf, we already prove that your definition of race is wrong.
Move on.
Actually you didn't (explained later on). I think you forgot to read this post. And if you did read it, you never responded to it. Which makes the following sound very hypocritical:
dinobro wrote:The issue with you is that you don't really seek for dialog. You keep saying "prove me wrong, I'm open to discussion". You're not.
People link you definitions, link you articles and your only response is "No, it's not true, I am right, you are wrong" (in big tl;dr as it's assisted by lots of gibberish).
And that's why you shouldn't get upset for people posting just silly gifs or images. It's because you are not open to any dialog. You think you are right and nothing will change it. Shame really.
First, if you didn't read it, how do you even know what I'm saying? Second, I'm not claiming that anything people saying (rather linking) isn't true. Third, if anyone isn't open to discussions, it's the people that can't read a single lengthy post, but are somehow capable of reading 10 or more short posts just fine. Just take it one sentence at a time.
dinobro wrote:Durf, we already prove that your definition of race is wrong.
Move on.
dinobro wrote:Nazis are not a race, you don't understand the definition, don't create your own. Simple as that. Same as "Canadian" that you claim to be a race. It's not. What more of a proof we need to show you that you are wrong? Google it, google if a "canadian" is a race.Tell us the result. I asked you the other day to link any reputable article referring to nazi as a race. You've never done that. You're the only person claiming it (besides other accounts made within last week that I suspect are there just to sperg the forums) so burden of proof is on you. Not on us. Alas, you will still claim it is. And hence, I would like to propose to just keep on topic and ignore all Durf's divagations from now on, simply because his head is just full of weird shit that brings nothing but lots of gibberish.
Cheers.
Let me make one thing clear first: race or not, banning the name is revoking a freedom that you yourself have (the freedom to represent themselves as they choose). Meaning, whether or not it's racist to Nazis, it is still against the principles you attempt to uphold to treat them that way.
But since you insist: Most in depth definition of what "race" means. The first sentence should be enough to show you that I'm not making up or "creating my own" definition. As a matter of fact, what you're arguing is identity politics. When, in fact, you miss the entire purpose of the word's existence:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_classification) wrote:Race is a social concept used to categorize..
Again, it is just a social concept used to categorize. To put it simply, it is not limited to a precise meaning like ethnicity. Here is an example of a single sentence using it to refer to 3 completely different concepts of what a race can be:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_race wrote:The master race (German: die Herrenrasse, das Herrenvolk (help·info)) is a concept in Nazi ideology in which the Nordic race—a branch of what in late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century taxonomy was called the Aryan race—represented an ideal and pure white race.
Once again, the word "race" exists only as a tool for us to use to categorize people into a group for the purpose of socialization. The first two are merely a subset of the last. Just as you can say "human race" you can also say "American race" and even depict all the "races" within that "race".

This is why it is racist against Nazis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism#Nazi_Germany wrote:In the early 1930s, the Nazis used racialized scientific rhetoric based on social Darwinism[citation needed] to push its restrictive and discriminatory social policies.
Not only is it a historical event in the past (you're condemning their children / followers for something they didn't themselves do), but Nazism itself isn't responsible for the atrocities committed. It is only a political view. Agreed, it's not one that plays nicely with others. But like my example with Communism, its not like any other political view has a cleaner history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism#Nazi_Germany wrote:Adolf Hitler banned intelligence quotient (IQ) testing for being "Jewish" as did Joseph Stalin for being "bourgeois"
Which only further proves that you know less about Communism than you do about Nazism. Not to mention you only seem to know the negative things about Nazism (after-war propaganda) ...It is proof of bias and prejudice. Mostly because of ignorance.
Practicing Eugenics doesn't mean that the political viewpoint condones criminal acts.

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

All links are to reputable sources. I have done (again) what you claimed I have not. Furthermore, I'm not "claiming the burden of proof" is on you... That's just silly. I'm asking for some kind of evidence or reasoning as to how an Armagetron team name has commited a crime and/or how it is harmful. More specifically; the problem people seem to be being able to do it without being completely prejudice about towards the team of tronners and towards Nazis (a hypocrite).

(that thread is now locked, without resolution >_>, so any further discussion on that here would be off topic)

@dinobro specifically (in public because you refuse to PM)
dinobro wrote:(besides other accounts made within last week that I suspect are there just to sperg the forums)
1) the implied allegations that I would make alternate accounts just to "sperg" is slander.
2) "sperg" is a derogatory slur (slang), and a negative stereotype. I have asked you before to stop your hate. Why can you only insult? Every post you make to me has some kind of insult...stop it please.

I'd also like to point out that you bringing the topic of "are Nazis a race" in an already progressed-past-that-point thread, is in itself a divagation.
dinobro wrote:And don't say it's irrelevant to the discussion - You said it yourself that we're close minded and racist to the nazis which seems to be your main thesis to support your claim. So sorry bby, it's not irrelevant.
I wouldn't dare say it's irrelevant; it is quite relevant. You just seem to be a bit behind on what was said by a few pages.
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: The definition of "race" (are Nazis a race?)

Post by Vogue »

nononononono
Attachments
durfpls.jpg
durfpls.jpg (7.29 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

This guy is amazing. He contradicts himself every two sentences and he keeps talking like his right. Truly marvelous.
TL;dr "Hurr durr Im durf I saw "nordic race" term on wikipedia ergo nazis are race too".
I don't see any logic here. I'm sure you do.

Anyhow, you're either really that... amazingly lost or you are a comedian. If the latter, your comedy is gold.

But I think you are beyond any help Durf, nine out of ten people on this forum tried to prove you otherwise, yet you keep sticking to your version. It only proves that you won't change your mind no matter what. And it's okay. Be wrong, be deluded, but why do you need to spam forums with your lack of common knowledge? Are you trying to show us your complete lack or reading comprehension? Ah, I have an idea. You need attention. That's what you are after.
I don't see a point in arguing with Durf, this thread will just spiral into everyone telling Durf that his wrong and tons of Durf's responses about how we are all wrong. Pointless.
Let's close it.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Please do not reopen discussions from locked threads. Let it go.