Bullshit Drama

Anything About Anything...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Bullshit Drama

Post by Lucifer »

WwYourHighness wrote:Right. So we can't do anything against someone who's behind proxy? I haven't done the proper research for this but swag needs to be looked into, I don't know if any of the admins/mods are actually aware of the stuff he does on a daily basis within the game itself and various communities. This isn't just verbal harassments, but legitimate ddos attacks on servers, players and tron teamspeaks. :ghost: Also I didn't mean nobody "cares", moreso meant nobody cares to do anymore more than simply banning him off the forums from time to time...
We can deal with what he does here, and we can provide those resources to server admins.

That's about what we can do.

Server admins are always on their own, that's part of the responsibility you take when you start a server. I'm sure that if we can provide information that will be helpful in way they can use, we'll do it. (Even if that means me getting it for my server and sharing it with other server operators)

If you scroll up, you can see that we've put a small amount of research into it. I guess the question is how do we share it?

We have other assholes before and found ways to share (RINCLUDE was made in part to help share this information).

Let's say that we find a way to protect these forums. And we advertise the method so that people can use it themselves. How does it get transcribed to something to use on a server?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Tank already banned the IP you gave us from the forums. Err. I guess we forgot to thank your for it? Sorry, we're kind of busy. Thanks.

Beyond that, there is little we can do. We have as much proof it's his IP or linked to any attacks as we have that you are Vogue :) Knowing it does not help protect anyting, if proxies/vpns would advertise "Hey, by the way, this request really comes from IP ...", life would be simpler. But naturally, they don't. And we don't really have a case to escalate to the proper authorities.
WwYourHighness

Post by WwYourHighness »

Z-Man wrote:TErr. I guess we forgot to thank your for it? Sorry, we're kind of busy. Thanks.
So snarky, I didn't even know you banned it off the forums! Cool. Maybe ban him off the masterlists? Also check to see if his proxies are associated with HotSpotShield and ban those. Just an idea.

- Definitely not Liz
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

As a Ww member, I don't think this is tweezy, since he left Ww about 6 months ago.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You mean NotVogue above? Yeah.

NotVogue: Last time I checked, HotSpotShield exit nodes were identifyable by whois queries. Are you using HotSpotShield right now or something else? Because your IPs don't have consistent whois entries. They're identifyable as relays by jumping from the US to the UK to India, that's all. I mean, that's something. "You can't possibly have traveled this far in just two minutes, you are not allowed to post again for another two hours".
The IPs swag was using also did not share whois data, but they were on blacklists. The reason given for the listing was just that the IPs spammed or are infected with a virus or botnet nodes. I had assumed that's because they detected the activity of the PCs behind the VPN, but they could just as well be really members of a botnet.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

edit: whatever i don't actually care that much about removing swag from the game but it would be better. yea I was using HSS
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

hello everyone. happy new year!
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

How do we know Vogue isn't the spammer. He is know to use proxies to play Ladle under alias. His plan could be to blame this whole spam mess on the wrong personae of this game.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Amaso is one of swag's friends, btw. Just thought I should mention that for everyone to know.
thatoneguy

Bullshit Drama

Post by thatoneguy »

After someone showed me this topic, I had to laugh. Don't flatter yourselves. Thanks for keeping me in mind though. It's touching you all still remember the positive impact I had on this community to help raise it's awareness.

Anyways kiddos here is all my ips have fun…
I am done with your forums anyways so boring..
<IP list of his enemies snipped>
HF with blacklist? I guess
Last edited by Z-Man on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Useless IPs removed
Camp Flog Gnaw, nigga, you can tell by the badge. Image
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

You're making the friends who are defending you look incredibly stupid now. Sup Amaso?
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Vogue wrote:Amaso is one of swag's friends, btw. Just thought I should mention that for everyone to know.
I am not here to make friends nor associate with the likes of you idiots.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Yeah, but you're his friend claiming it wasn't him and he just outted himself. Please stop.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Vogue wrote:You're making the friends who are defending you look incredibly stupid now. Sup Amaso?
I should say that same for you and that <nice> friend of yours, Cxdy. He believes he is a <faerie>, what reality does he live in again? If you 2 choose to <be happy> keep those personal matters off the forums.
Last edited by Z-Man on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dum dee dum.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Amaso wrote:
Vogue wrote:You're making the friends who are defending you look incredibly stupid now. Sup Amaso?
I should say that same for you and that <nice> friend of yours, Cxdy. He believes he is a <faerie>, what reality does he live in again? If you 2 choose to <be happy> keep those personal matters off the forums.
Attachments
wat.gif
wat.gif (780 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
Last edited by Z-Man on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoting consistency.