Bullshit Drama

Anything About Anything...
Deidara
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Bullshit Drama

Post by Deidara »

Gazelle wrote:My bad then, I had another post I had written up on my phone, I hit submit, I guess it never went through! :)
Your phone decided it was time for you to stop posting.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Welcome back, Liz.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Gee, how many aliases does she have? Sigh. She's been through this often enough to be considered sufficiently warned. Ban evasion -> longer ban. No, I won't bother banning all her entry routes. I'm interested to see whether she wants to keep up long enough to determine which length extension pattern I am using.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I saw vov post, too. I thought vov was a Liz sock puppet?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Lucifer wrote:I saw vov post, too. I thought vov was a Liz sock puppet?
lol, not at all.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Gazelle wrote:
lol, not at all.
Then it's good I didn't act. ;) I wasn't certain enough, it was just a vague suspicion.

- Iron Maiden
WwYourHighness

Post by WwYourHighness »

Z-Man wrote:Gee, how many aliases does she have? Sigh. She's been through this often enough to be considered sufficiently warned. Ban evasion -> longer ban. No, I won't bother banning all her entry routes. I'm interested to see whether she wants to keep up long enough to determine which length extension pattern I am using.
Permaban me.

By the way, the idiot spammer is swag if you haven't realized it. He's also responsible for ddosing people in ladle and spamming in servers/ddosing them while seemingly unable to get silenced/banned by inexperienced admins. You banned a bunch of people because you suspected them of spamming when it was him all along. He's like a less calculated cloaket. We were hoping by aquiring his real IP, the admin team here would do something about him but 1) you guys really don't know what the **** a proxy is 2) as long as he isn't some rude person on the forum, you don't care. :P

- vov
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

WwYourHighness wrote: Permaban me.

By the way, the idiot spammer is swag if you haven't realized it. He's also responsible for ddosing people in ladle and spamming in servers/ddosing them while seemingly unable to get silenced/banned by inexperienced admins.
Knowing it's swag and dealing with his/her methods are two completely different things.
You banned a bunch of people because you suspected them of spamming when it was him all along. He's like a less calculated cloaket.
Nobody was banned because they were suspected of spamming. The bans issued had more to do with the #FreeLucifer crap that was going around.
We were hoping by aquiring his real IP, the admin team here would do something about him
Knowing his real IP does absolutely no good when he's using proxies/TOR/whatever.

Meaning:
but 1) you guys really don't know what the **** a proxy is
YOU don't know what a proxy is, because you think we can act knowing a real IP address. Proxies exist to HIDE a real IP address.
2) as long as he isn't some rude person on the forum, you don't care. :P
This thread exists because the spam was clearly "rude". Obviously we care.
- vov
Yep, you're Liz.

- Iron Maiden
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Nobody was banned because they were suspected of spamming.
Ahem... >_>
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Durf wrote:
Nobody was banned because they were suspected of spamming.
Ahem... >_>
You weren't spamming.

Or, were you? Is that what you're saying?

- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

WwYourHighness wrote:Permaban me.
Not much time to post, so: Might do that later. Priorities, lady.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

*facepalm*
WwYourHighness

Post by WwYourHighness »

Technically you can't know if I'm liz or not, because I'm under a proxy. :P Regardless, we do have the real IP of swag but I understand why you don't believe it or rather we can't really prove it per se. How it happened, he came in TS under his own IP accidently, immediately logged off and came back under his hotspotshield crap. Seriously if we all care about justice here, do something about this guy. He's been harassing people far worse over the past years than anyone else has.

I still love you, Lucifer and Z-Man.

- vov / tweezy
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

WwYourHighness wrote:Technically you can't know if I'm liz or not, because I'm under a proxy. :P Regardless, we do have the real IP of swag but I understand why you don't believe it or rather we can't really prove it per se. How it happened, he came in TS under his own IP accidently, immediately logged off and came back under his hotspotshield crap. Seriously if we all care about justice here, do something about this guy. He's been harassing people far worse over the past years than anyone else has.

I still love you, Lucifer and Z-Man.

- vov / tweezy
No, I believe it's the real IP address.

The issue is that the attacks don't come from that address. So acting against that address doesn't change anything. What are we going to do? Ban it? Then he attacks from several other IP addresses.

It's not about whether or not it's true, or we believe it, or it can be proved. It's all about the fact that he doesn't attack from that IP address. He uses others, and blocking those is what blocks the attacks.

- Iron Maiden
WwYourHighness

Post by WwYourHighness »

Right. So we can't do anything against someone who's behind proxy? I haven't done the proper research for this but swag needs to be looked into, I don't know if any of the admins/mods are actually aware of the stuff he does on a daily basis within the game itself and various communities. This isn't just verbal harassments, but legitimate ddos attacks on servers, players and tron teamspeaks. :ghost: Also I didn't mean nobody "cares", moreso meant nobody cares to do anything more than simply banning him off the forums from time to time...