And let another villain emerge

Anything About Anything...
User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6205
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by sinewav »

Careful Durf, these kids... er, I mean "adults" will use the same tried and true methods they have honed over the years to call you names on the Internet. I think they are trying to destroy your reputation or something? I really don't know because I've never seen their taunts amount to anything in the past. Of course, they have their work cut out for them this time because you already have a solid reputation as a smart, inventive, contributor in the community and have the support of a large network of Tronners who have no idea what a Vogue or Cody are and couldn't care less.
dinobro wrote:Durf reminds me of 12 years old me, trying to sound smart and using word "logic" like it's ultimate truth.
I'm not sure what is meant by "ultimate truth" in this context (religious truth?), but let's look at some facts. On one hand we have a 12 year old boy who maintains a really cool suite of software tools and on the other hand we have a grown woman who contributes "ass burgers" and insensitive memes. I'm just going to go ahead and say Arma needs more of the former and less of the later.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Vogue »

tl;dr durf is an autistic sexist creep but it's okay because he has a website with software tools on it. I'll leave you with this brilliant quote, sinewav, maybe you should pat him on the back for this too:
Durf wrote:Not as many women are doctors because men are simply more apt for the job



ps: you don't know me. quit trying to analyze me. xoxo

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6205
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by sinewav »

tl;dr Vogue and company up to the same tired tricks of the last several years, this time with more pathetic results.

</thread>

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Vogue »

are you posting this from your mom's couch or are you still a hobo? hey, maybe you'll have more chance of getting a job if you put some effort into it instead of being on the internet 24/7 defending a sexist aspie

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6205
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by sinewav »

LOL your words. You do realize the main reason I don't play this game anymore is because I run a successful business. don't you? I've also lived on my own longer than you've been alive, kiddo. (Not that moving back home would even be an option seeing that I'm the last living person in my family, but that is beside the point.)

How's that ban working out for you? Get an appeal yet? Maybe your hero Thump can help out? You guys are like bf/gf, right?

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Durf »

@dinobro, my first paragraph went through the possibility of this thread being nothing but a joke (trolling), as well as if it were to be taken seriously. The majority of it is just explaining how someone can talk about Hitler as much as they want, and it doesn't have to mean anything in regards to Jews.
An analogy would be: talking about Star Wars (or Vader) doesn't have to mean you're talking about Jedi.

It isn't wrong to compare two things that seemingly have no relation.
Analogy: a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
It is quite logical and if you think analogies are blasphemy...well IDK, you're limiting yourself quite a bit then aren't you?

Furthermore, dinobro, you have no actual evidence that I'm any younger or older than you are. Frankly your discrimination by age is getting disgusting.


@CPU, lol!
Yes, I suppose if you take what I said out of context, that GIF seems fitting.


@Cody, >_>
You're proud that I question your claims against me?
Personally, I don't see my posts as essays, but typically the illiterate can't handle too many words.. So I get where you're coming from.
Though you seemed to manage to post plenty of words without actual substance to them.
Remember, I'm calling you out on your shit too.
Please elaborate on how I am a "villain" or which "alliances" I'm challenging and how I "stir the pot".
Name calling does not fulfill that request.
The fact that I'm asking you a second time only shows the lack of thought you put into this claim.
Can you even explain yourself?
(P.S - I don't care who's famous. Also make sure you re-read the topic in question. I never asked for nudes, nor was I ever trying to get them.)


@theRED, yes. It is becoming clear that this thread had no real purpose.
I'm still giving Cody a chance to explain himself.


@sinewav, it's k.
Yea I don't think they are trying to besmirch me, I mean, I haven't seen any evidence that they actually want to (in terms of effort).
Maybe that's just me thinking they're doing a pitiful job when they are actually trying...who knows.
Maybe they just want to call me a bunch of names...That's fine with me. They technically have every right to call me what they want (note, that isn't me giving them permission to disrespect me, I'm just stating that they have the right to act as they wish)
I think "ultimate truth" was meant to be exactly what it said: A truth that serves as the be-all and end-all of the discussion. To which I would say that logic isn't necessarily the "ultimate truth", but you can't argue with sound logic. (you can, but you'd only make yourself look stupid)
I'm actually not 12 years old. IMO that would be pretty neat if I was.
Yea, they probably bit off more than they can chew...oh well.
. . . .
I appreciate the sentiment, but after that last post I'm afraid this thread has gone way off topic and just isn't getting anywhere.

@Vogue...really? again? Okay...
First of all, if you didn't want people to analyze or judge you, don't be a target. Fly under the radar. Or just quit being a troll.
Second, you seem to like taking what I say out of context to serve your purposes.
Let's expose it all again shall we?
Durf wrote:Subject: I'm famous!
Vogue wrote:Guys, I don't want to be unbanned. I want to be able to appeal my ban & as far as I know, people are working on a process for that. It's clear that the community is once again divided by players who find it enjoyable to play with me, players who want me to sit out my ban because it's the right thing to do, and other players who just hate me and would vote for a permaban if it were an option. But, I assume I'll be able to appeal my ban properly soon and we'll see what the outcome is. Let it be final.


only says that girls don't often do it and the fact that (supposedly) one did is what is awesome.

Girls don't often do awesome things..? Why haven't sinewav & phytotron, my fellow social justice warriors, come to my aid yet? :D No but in all seriousness, that comment tree is extremely sexist.
^ let's talk about what you think sexism is. I'll be happy to clear that up since you seem so adamant on thinking I'm being sexist (when I'm not).


I did not say that "girls don't often do awesome things". Do no put words in my mouth like that or I'll put something in your mouth.

What "only says that girls don't often do it and the fact that (supposedly) one did is what is awesome" is referring to when it says "it" is the act of making a video as you did.
Albeit very little skill was required in making the video, the skills required in making any video, typically isn't dominated by females...which is awesome.
So really you have it backwards, what I was saying was in support of feminist rights.

Furthermore, it isn't sexist to say a girl has a vagina; therefore it isn't sexist to speak of the obvious differences between male and female (such as what they typically do).
Example: Not as many women are doctors because men are simply more apt for the job (believe it or not, that's NOT sexist; this is because there are clear difference between men and women that make the career choice easier for men; keep in mind that I said "not as many" and didn't say "not all")

It IS sexist to say to one female that because she is female, her vagina will bleed like all the other vaginas (discriminating the, and all, female(s) with the belief that all women (and vaginas) are the same).
Example: How'd a little thing like you learn a big word like misogynist (very sexist; there is no reason why a women wouldn't know that word; plus the disposition is condescending)

Check your dictionary before you make yourself look stupid.
Again, ^ Judge me for what I said, not what I didn't. (only 1 PM in the conversation, incidentally no reply)
I'd rather have people judge my actual faults than some fake attributes conjured up by a troll.

If anyone wants to discuss any topic, I'm perfectly willing to do so (PM me).
If you want to talk about sexism, racism, whatever, It's all good.

Lastly, even if I was sexist, you, vogue, would just have to get over it.
Obsessing over me will only bring you unhappiness.



ON-TOPIC: Cody, respond to the text in bold please

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Vogue »

sinewav wrote:You guys are like bf/gf, right?
Yeah! Did you and Durf want to go on a double date with us?

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Lucifer »

Durf wrote:Furthermore, it isn't sexist to say a girl has a vagina; therefore it isn't sexist to speak of the obvious differences between male and female (such as what they typically do).
It's not sexist, but it's blatantly transphobic. You'll be surprised how many women I know that have penises.
Example: Not as many women are doctors because men are simply more apt for the job (believe it or not, that's NOT sexist; this is because there are clear difference between men and women that make the career choice easier for men; keep in mind that I said "not as many" and didn't say "not all")
Believe it or not, that IS sexist. In fact, getting through medical school as a female is MUCH harder than as a male. Basically, it's nearly impossible to get through medical school as a female without, sooner or later, performing a sex act for a grade. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16799291)

The same is true in sciences. If you want an advanced science degree (PhD), and it requires field work (and the same is true in many lab situations), it's really difficult to get all the way through your research without (and you can tell me if I've said this before) performing a sex act for a grade. (http://www.nature.com/news/many-women-s ... rk-1.15571)

These are facts. And for you to say that women aren't as suited to be doctors because so many women aren't willing to demean themselves in that way is reinforcing a sexist system.

So much for being a social justice crusader, Durf.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1657
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Light »

Lucifer wrote:It's not sexist, but it's blatantly transphobic. You'll be surprised how many women I know that have penises.
It seems about .3% of people are transgender according to Wiki. Assuming men to women are about 50/50, that's .15% of women who are transgender. I find it fair to say that generally, women have a vagina, or do not have a penis.
Google wrote:Transphobia (or less commonly transprejudice) is a range of antagonistic attitudes and feelings against transsexuality and transsexual or transgender people, based on the expression of their internal gender identity
[/quote]

Not touching the other part. He's all yours. :P I know the other point might hit close to home, but I think you should've stuck with the one that is definitely out there.

User avatar
Soul
Match Winner
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Soul »

Lucifer wrote:You'll be surprised how many women I know that have penises.
protip: don't use this forum avatar on your online dating websites

yw
Chief Justice of the Armagetron Advanced Judicial System.
---------------
Notable Bans Issued:
Vogue - 12 month ban(x2)
Lucifer - 1 Day

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Lucifer »

Light wrote:
Lucifer wrote:It's not sexist, but it's blatantly transphobic. You'll be surprised how many women I know that have penises.
It seems about .3% of people are transgender according to Wiki. Assuming men to women are about 50/50, that's .15% of women who are transgender. I find it fair to say that generally, women have a vagina, or do not have a penis.
But he didn't say "generally", did he?

Not that it matters.
Light wrote:
Google wrote:Transphobia (or less commonly transprejudice) is a range of antagonistic attitudes and feelings against transsexuality and transsexual or transgender people, based on the expression of their internal gender identity
Because invalidating people as women who have penises is still antagonistic. If you'd feel more comfortable relating it as casual transphobia, similar to the casual sexism he's tossing about, that's fine.

But turning to Wikipedia/Google instead of listening to the actual transgender community is also blatantly transphobic. ;)
Not touching the other part. He's all yours. :P I know the other point might hit close to home, but I think you should've stuck with the one that is definitely out there.
[/quote]
He's toast on that one. He's definitely sexist/misogynist.

Consider the trans discussion again. I know quite a few part-time women who could have followed his process and proven they were genetic girls/female at birth.

And, having been hanging around in the transgender community for the last couple of years, one thing I have learned is that you don't ask ANYBODY for proof of their gender. It's ******* rude.

JUST DON'T DO IT.

Whether or not Liz is a man, woman, trans-whatever is completely irrelevant.

Durf, just by asking for proof and providing a method that he will accept, has utterly violated Liz's right to privacy.

And if there's any single idea we enshrine here, it's the right to privacy.

Durf's approaching ban territory, so I hope he has something Really Good to say for himself.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Magi
Match Winner
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Magi »

THEred wrote:is this not becoming excessively vexing?
did you say...vex

Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

bye

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: And let another villain emerge

Post by Cody »

Durf got banned, LOL

Locked