I count on around 5 people signing up, but even more would be delightful. I think it has potential to grow with time, too. Further seasons are possible if the first one is enough of a success.
- 6 players per division.
- 2 games against each opponent: 1 as white and 1 as black. So, a max total of 10 games per season.
- 15 minute time control with no increment: a game will never take more than 30 minutes total after the first move has been played for both sides.
- 1 point for a win, ½ for a draw, 0 for a loss.
- 0 points for both sides if they don't play a game. However if your opponent repeatedly turns down your game invitiations, you get the win. This rule may be tweaked in the future but I'll just hope for now that we can all be mature about it and let this rule stay simple.
- A season lasts for 3 months or until all matches have been played.
- There will be as many divisions as we need, with a max of 6 players in each. If more than 6 players sign up for the first season, a short and efficient blitz tournament (5 minute time control) will decide who gets to play in the top division.
- All league matches will be played as unrated games on lichess, and once a game is finished one of the players saves the url to that specific game. All games will be saved publically on the wiki page. If you accidentally close the game without saving the url, it's easy to find it again on your lichess profile page.
- You must be logged in while playing for a game to be valid. Registration is completely free.
- Tie break: If two players are tied, their mutual games will be decisive. If they're still tied, the points of the opponents they've beaten will decide. Better explained on the wiki page.
- The challenger decides which color to play in the first game. It is recommended, but not in any way obligatory to play both your games in sequence.
Sign up here in this thread, mentioning your lichess username. Signups for the first season are now closed, but you can sign up for season 2 already (#13 and #14 will be guaranteed a spot in div 2).