Armagetron T-Shirt Pre-orders (Finally)

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Armagetron T-Shirt Pre-orders (Finally)

Post by sinewav »

Introducing the very first Armagetron themed glow-in-the-dark t-shirt! This high quality shirt is comparable to American Apparel and comes in a variety of sizes, styles, and colors. The design measures just over 6 inches in diameter and will be printed in white ink only with glow-ink on top.

Pre-orders will be taken for the next two weeks. After that, it will take 1-2 more weeks to print the shirts. Once the shirts are finished you will be sent an email asking for payment. Your custom shirt will be shipped immediately upon completing the transaction.

Armagetron T-Shirt Pre-Order Form

** Please do not pre-order a shirt if you don't plan on buying it! I am paying for these with my own money and no profit will be made. In fact, I will be taking a loss if less than 18 shirts are sold. If more than 18 shirts are purchased any extra money received will be donated to Armagetron development. This custom design is a great way to show your love for the game and contribute to the community. Want to know how much you love Armagetron? Type PLAY_TIME_TOTAL into your console. The number returned is how many minutes you have played since installing the game!
fman23
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Armagetron T-Shirt Pre-orders (Finally)

Post by fman23 »

Looks great and I'm looking forward to getting my own!
Tre
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tre »

Looks great sine! I might be getting one, but just wondering, is a dark red possible?
Like, around the area of #770000 - #990000? Sorry to be a pain, just wondering how specific the color choice is
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Tre wrote:...is a dark red possible?... just wondering how specific the color choice is
Clicking on the shirt style will bring you to the manufacturer's page. There is a dark red color named "cardinal" and that's as close as we can get. If you want that color, just write cardinal in the color field.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

It took a long time, but I finally got the shirts. The printer who did the prototype seems to have gone out of business. Luckily I found another guy to print them. There was a slight compromise on quality, but overall they turned out great. However, he did screw are couple things up. Since I never provided a mock-up for V-necks he took creative license with the placement of the design. His reasoning was that the women's collar came down rather low and the design would look better in a different position. I actually agree, but he did the same thing on the men's V-necks where placement was not a problem. Simple mistake. (People smoke a lot of weed in Southern California and I'm surprised when any work gets done correctly. Lot of stoned idiots here.) So, since I never provided a mockup of the V-necks those shirts are FREE. You only have to pay for shipping if you want it. All the other shirts look totally bad-ass, especially the red one (looks like Iron Man, ha). I will be sending out PayPal invoices this weekend.
Attachments
first-run.jpg
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Wow this is probably the first time ever I felt bad for getting something for free. I've made sure to send you another 15 bucks, along with the shipping :)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

I would get one if I was using t-shirts. They look nice.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I want to say thank you to everyone who purchased a shirt. This was a very fun project for me. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple pre-orders, but there will be shirts left over. This was expected. In a couple weeks I will put them on ebay and see if anyone is interested (also good advertising for the game!) If those don't sell within a month or two, I will probably drop the price drastically, basically "almost free if you pay for shipping." Or if you are super nice, free shipping too, haha.

8)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

As I anticipated there are a couple shirts left over, men's in medium and large. These will go to the first people who pay me. In a couple weeks the remaining shirts will be posted on ebay. Several weeks after that I will probably have a sale (basically free if you pay for shipping).

ORDER FORM
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I got mine early last week, one for me, one for Z-Wife. Thanks!

And they are great. Wearing mine right now.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Z-Man wrote:Wearing mine right now.
So am I. Well, mine, not Z-man's. It arrived today and I absolutely like it. I was surprised by the glow-in-the-dark ink, because, well, I forgot about all that.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I still have 1 large and 2 medium shirts left, unless the pre-orders suddenly pay their invoices. First come, first serve.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:) This project is officially closed! Thanks to everyone who enjoyed this little creative endeavor with me. For the sake of transparency I have attached a table showing sales and expenses. As predicted, I took a loss. The table shows $0 labor because I didn't charge for the hours of work I spent on this. It's a labor of love! ^_^

Here are things I could have done to break even:
  • Use lower quality shirts. I really wanted the shirt to feel special and perhaps I care more about my clothes (even t-shirts) than most people? Cheap shirts would knock a couple dollars off the overhead.
  • Remove novelty ink. While this was a big selling point it does add to the cost. The cheapest thing to do is offer dark ink on light shirts. This would still allow for some variations like navy ink on canary, red on white, black on pink, etc... Some shops will only charge you a minimal fee for color changes, depending on the size of the run.
  • Forgo prototyping stage. This was mostly for my benefit. However, there is always more talk than action when it comes to things like this so I thought it would be beneficial for people to see "proof-of-concept." At the very least, if the idea flopped I would still have a cool shirt!
Now, had I been currently employed in the t-shirt industry I would have access to both discounts and different technologies. This might have made it possible to offer more customization, including alternative designs.

Overall I will say this project was a huge success if not a financial one. It was an expensive gamble and I am glad we were able to trust each other enough to make it happen. I have other ideas and might have time to realize them later in the year. If anyone else has ideas, talk to me. I'm pretty good at getting things done! :wink:
Attachments
Handling includes shipping materials like envelopes, labels, tape, etc. (I had a good hookup through my employer.)<br />Total sales is the amount received after PayPal fees.
Handling includes shipping materials like envelopes, labels, tape, etc. (I had a good hookup through my employer.)
Total sales is the amount received after PayPal fees.
t-shirt-roi.png (13.48 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Tre
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tre »

A tad late, but thanks so much for doing this! I love my shirt, and the others I've talked to do to (ofcourse).
In fact, I wore mine to school today and have it on :D

Thanks again!
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

I like mine too!