US people, I need your help!!!

Anything About Anything...
takburger
Match Winner

US people, I need your help!!!

Post by takburger »

Hey,

I was watching a movie ("bad grandpa") not so funny tho...

Anyway, right now there is this scene:
http://gyazo.com/aac4d8235e83c9a6b4be077a77b25ae4.png

I don't understand whats going on with the small bottles (is this a kind of pen???) how is this game working???

thx:)
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: US people, I need your help!!!

Post by kyle »

looks like bingo
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

kyle wrote:looks like bingo
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Yeah, bingo isn't something US-specific I think. :P
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

kyle wrote:looks like bingo
Bingo!
Elysium
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Elysium »

Tak that game is infact called bingo.
in case u dont know how its played u have random letters (b,i,n,g,o) called out and randomized numbers called out (1-99). If its b-66 and in row B u have the number 66 u get to mark it off. once u have an entire row side to side up and down or diagnol ( 5 squares in a row only) you then say,yel ect BINGO. and they check and then usually u get a prize for winning.

also movie was pretty stupid tho it had its funny moments. i would highly suggest we are the millers tho. now that was a funny movie.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Elysium wrote:Tak that game is infact called bingo.
in case u dont know how its played u have random letters (b,i,n,g,o) called out and randomized numbers called out (1-99). If its b-66 and in row B u have the number 66 u get to mark it off. once u have an entire row side to side up and down or diagnol ( 5 squares in a row only) you then say,yel ect BINGO. and they check and then usually u get a prize for winning.
UH no.

you have 5 rows B,I,N,G,O , you will never have a B-66 unless you're playing homemade bingo and you really suck at organization and have no idea how to set up a bingo board.

B has 1-15 example: B-11
I has 16-30 example: I-19
N has 31-45 example: N-43
G has 46-60 example: G-51
O has 61-75 example: O-64

A bingo square is 5x5 with rows labeling B-I-N-G-O
(this is a blank bingo card with blank cells) this is for making homemade bingo and choosing your own numbers.

Now when you go play ACTUAL bingo at a bingo hall you will not ever use the above template. You will be buying a Bingo sheet(as seen in the movie)

Example:

Theres many different Bingo sheets, this is usually what beginners get 3x3 bingo sheet. (the numbers already come on them and are randomized OH and you get a free space in the middle to start off)

You can buy as many sheets as you want ( I have a friend that gets two 5x5 bingo sheets.

So now you got your bingo sheets you will be given a list of rules and how to get a BINGO!

Really it depends on what round you're playing in.

Round 1 is usually classic bingo (5 across/vertical/diagonal/4 corners)
They have tiny balls that are labeled B:1-15 / I:16-30/N:31-45/G:46-60/O:61-75
and they are all thrown into a giant steel ball for randomization. (or in some modern bingo halls they have an air ball randomizer where its thrown into this air tub and air circulates the balls) So they pull these tiny balls out 1 by 1 and call out the number that is on the ball. After they call out the number that was on the ball, there's usually a huge bingo number electric sign that shows what numbers have been called. If you had the number, you would take your Dabber(basically a color marker) and dab the number if its on your sheet.

So say you got a BINGO! in round 1, congrats you probably just won $40 and OH I forgot to add, sometimes they have a multiplier ball (2x,5x,10x) say the multiplier ball in round 1 was B-11, and on your bingo square you needed B-11 to get a bingo, if they pull B-11 and you get BINGO! your prize amounts get multiplied.

There are many other rounds and other ways to get bingos( Giant X , twisted L's, Full board, etc)

Usually the last round is the biggest prize winning(depending on your bingo hall and if nobody has hit the multiplier, its ranges from $500 to $2,000) Just depends how many people buy into the pot.

I've won $1,800 one night at a bingo hall due to getting a 2x multiplier on a $900 Bingo round.

Also if there's multiple bingos at the same time, they split the cash evenly.

to play bingo it costs about $5-$10 just depends on your bingo hall.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Now I know way too much on Bingo, thanks Cody.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Haha, such a Hoosier, Cody. And can I assume Drag Bingo?

Here's another depiction of the classic bumpkin Bingo Hall, on Roseanne. I'm sure there are some other funny examples that have slipped my mind, but for whatever reason that's the one that popped in there.

There's also this gag from The Naked Gun.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Cody wrote:
Elysium wrote:Tak that game is infact called bingo.
UH no.

you have 5 rows B,I,N,G,O , you will never have a B-66 unless you're playing homemade bingo and you really suck at organization and have no idea how to set up a bingo board.

B has 1-15 example: B-11
I has 16-30 example: I-19
N has 31-45 example: N-43
G has 46-60 example: G-51
O has 61-75 example: O-64

A bingo square is 5x5 with rows labeling B-I-N-G-O
(this is a blank bingo card with blank cells) this is for making homemade bingo and choosing your own numbers.

Now when you go play ACTUAL bingo at a bingo hall you will not ever use the above template. You will be buying a Bingo sheet(as seen in the movie)

Example:

Theres many different Bingo sheets, this is usually what beginners get 3x3 bingo sheet. (the numbers already come on them and are randomized OH and you get a free space in the middle to start off)

You can buy as many sheets as you want ( I have a friend that gets two 5x5 bingo sheets.

So now you got your bingo sheets you will be given a list of rules and how to get a BINGO!

Really it depends on what round you're playing in.

Round 1 is usually classic bingo (5 across/vertical/diagonal/4 corners)
They have tiny balls that are labeled B:1-15 / I:16-30/N:31-45/G:46-60/O:61-75
and they are all thrown into a giant steel ball for randomization. (or in some modern bingo halls they have an air ball randomizer where its thrown into this air tub and air circulates the balls) So they pull these tiny balls out 1 by 1 and call out the number that is on the ball. After they call out the number that was on the ball, there's usually a huge bingo number electric sign that shows what numbers have been called. If you had the number, you would take your Dabber(basically a color marker) and dab the number if its on your sheet.

So say you got a BINGO! in round 1, congrats you probably just won $40 and OH I forgot to add, sometimes they have a multiplier ball (2x,5x,10x) say the multiplier ball in round 1 was B-11, and on your bingo square you needed B-11 to get a bingo, if they pull B-11 and you get BINGO! your prize amounts get multiplied.

There are many other rounds and other ways to get bingos( Giant X , twisted L's, Full board, etc)

Usually the last round is the biggest prize winning(depending on your bingo hall and if nobody has hit the multiplier, its ranges from $500 to $2,000) Just depends how many people buy into the pot.

I've won $1,800 one night at a bingo hall due to getting a 2x multiplier on a $900 Bingo round.

Also if there's multiple bingos at the same time, they split the cash evenly.

to play bingo it costs about $5-$10 just depends on your bingo hall.
Haven't found the appropriate time to say this for a few years now but...schooled
Boxed
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

-edit- Somehow posted the exact same thing twice, disregard
Boxed
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Phytotron wrote:Haha, such a Hoosier, Cody. And can I assume Drag Bingo?

Here's another depiction of the classic bumpkin Bingo Hall, on Roseanne. I'm sure there are some other funny examples that have slipped my mind, but for whatever reason that's the one that popped in there.

There's also this gag from The Naked Gun.
haha :P I have indeed played Drag Bingo before!

Last year & this year I really havent played much bingo. I LOVE ROSEANNE! thank you for linking that.

and yes people for real have good luck charms and etc.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Cody wrote:I LOVE ROSEANNE!
It was best the first couple seasons. Then she started on the whole thing of the character being as horrible a person as possible and thinking that's funny, and oftentimes trying to defend that behavior as acceptable or even admirable. The whole self-centered, narcissistic, manipulative, destructive, two-faced, rude as hell while expecting to be worshiped, Diva "gag." It just made me sick to watch. Then there was that whole rich part...barf.

Dan, Jackie, and DJ were almost always funny, though.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

A little late, but may give takburger a little more insight into the culture place Bingo has. And for everyone else, it's just funny.
Don't try to upload a file with the extension BINGOpng; it isn't allowed.
Don't try to upload a file with the extension BINGOpng; it isn't allowed.
http://socialshare.freethefuture.org/applet/sotubingo
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I'm trying, but I don't get it. Maybe because I know what bingo is and I can't imagine any of that being called out...

Anyway, why's it not allowed? Is it because it should be (dot)png?