Aliases Suck

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Aliases Suck

Post by sinewav »

Hello "kodama" whoever you are. You asked me to make a banner for your site. I did, but you left me no way deliver it. You are not registered on these forums or the KS forums like you said. I registered on your forums, but they appear to be broken. I cannot see a single page or contact you in any way there. Given the nature of the idiot kids on Arma I suspect you might even be someone who is just collecting passwords to cause trouble later. Either way, it is very unprofessional and lazy, and I'm quite aggravated with spending part of my afternoon doing a favor for a complete stranger who can't be bothered to get their crap together. Here is your banner anyway. Good luck with your team/clan. Hopefully your poor organizational skills don't cause it to collapse immediately.

Code: Select all

11:18:00 AM - kodama: Any chance you'd be up to helping an artistically challenged noob with a graphic? :)
11:18:11 AM - sinewav: maybe! what is it?
11:21:03 AM - kodama: Just a banner for a new site. Nothing flashy, just something better than the temporary one we're using D:
11:21:13 AM - sinewav: what site?
11:21:33 AM - kodama: http://derniercri.tk
11:24:19 AM - sinewav: What do you have in mind?
11:24:25 AM - sinewav: What are the dimensions?
11:24:50 AM - sinewav: What is the name of the clan/team/forum?
11:27:02 AM - kodama: I'm not picky. Just something that fits with the overall theme of the site. The dimensions are 980 x 190
11:27:13 AM - kodama: The name is Dernier Cri
11:29:13 AM - sinewav: Ok, I'll send it to you when I can.
11:30:02 AM - kodama: Thank you sir. :) Feel free to pm it via Arma forums, if that works for you. Or the KS forums, which ever is more convenient. 
EDITED TOPIC TITLE FROM "THIS TEAM SUCKS" TO "ALIASES SUCK."
Attachments
dashboard.jpg
Last edited by sinewav on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

\o/

Post by Ritsuka »

lel
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: This Team Sucks

Post by sinewav »

I'm about to go into my rant about the importance of being recognized in a community, but you have all heard it already.

Look, I understand wanting to be left alone. After years of playing I recently adopted an alias to use when I just wanted to play and not field questions from people. When I use that alias I unbind my chat key and set "enable_chat 0" so I can't even socialize. But when I do socialize I make sure people know it's me, even if I have to login to prove it. This courtesy should be evident to all.

Don't like your name? Pick a different one, let everyone know, and stick with it. This is why no one calls me "turtle" any more (I was confused with Turtl3 when I first started playing Arma, thus the change. Turtles rule btw.) I also understand the irony of being a member of Kill Street since half their players seem to be going through an identity crisis themselves. My statement still stands.

I don't know why it's so hard to pick a cool name. I can easily think of a dozen other kick-ass Tron names. I wish I could be a dozen more people so I can use them!
Last edited by sinewav on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

my awesomeness can't be contained with a single name
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Yea I don't really see why you would ask someone for a favor, but not tell them who you are, or even give them a proper way of contacting you. Anyway, the banner's quite snazzy. Nice Sine!
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Nanu Nanu wrote:Yea I don't really see why you would ask someone for a favor, but not tell them who you are, or even give them a proper way of contacting you.
yes, forgive my stupidity. In my defense, I've been using that name for about a week now and have been incredibly open about who I am while wearing it.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ritsuka wrote:In my defense, I've been using that name for about a week now and have been incredibly open about who I am while wearing it.
At this point it doesn't even matter. It will take many, many months to get the new name to stick even if you did decide to keep it, which, let's face it, you won't. Even as "kodama" people will simply refer to you as Ritsuka, so just stick with your currently known alias! It's not like Ritsuka is a terrible name. What is really accomplished with a new alias? Nothing. You are just replacing one arbitrary personal choice with another and no one cares what you call yourself anyway. Jesus, it's not like kodama is significantly different than Ritsuka and I imagine it ties into that whole Loveless thing, right?

Whatever. I roll my eyes in your general direction. :roll:
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

it's just a name, who cares?

I get what you're saying regarding the lack of information I gave you, that's completely my bad. But on the subject of the name, why are you so concerned about it? Wap will always be wap, but he uses aatje now. Liz will always be Liz, but she uses Vogue now. It's just a name on a game that no one cares about.

Allow me to return the eye rolling

:roll:
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

hey, i've been using Vogue for over a year now

duck you guys

: (
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

On the subject of cool names, let's all discuss what the coolest name is in a game that is essentially an advanced version of snake? Any huge ass monster snakes come to mind?
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

oh, I know this one!

~*sp*~ viper!
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Now that you mention it, I wonder why nobody is named anaconda
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Magi wrote:Now that you mention it, I wonder why nobody is named anaconda
is it too late to change my new alias
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

Magi wrote:Now that you mention it, I wonder why nobody is named anaconda
I was canned anaconda for a while, also Venaconda. Surprisingly, neither name caught on. :)
Click. Image
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Damnit, should've made a "best name" category for tronnies.
Boxed