Knockout

Anything About Anything...
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Knockout

Post by Titanoboa »

Hot New Game Called "Knockout"

Have any of you come across this before?

From the video I'm guessing it's originated in the US of A (I don't even know if it has spread, though). Is it common?

I'm curious. Curious and disgusted.
takburger
Match Winner

Re: Knockout

Post by takburger »

I've only seen this in American videos some while ago. Those kids thinks they live in GTA or what.

In france we have some other games based on violence tho.

One is based on football(soccer), where you just step on a coke can and then use it as a ball, if the ball goes between the legs of a player then everyone beats him.

The second is a hanging game, stopping the blood from coming to the head to provoke colorful visons ("dreams").

Both send people to hospital or worse.

Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

That was pretty awful. I do it a lot in GTA5 but its just that - a game. I don't get how people get the heart and nerve to do something like this to real people. Hope that teacher dude is okay i;
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Fippmam wrote:I do it a lot in GTA5 but its just that - a game.
I have to wonder why you think it's Ok to do it in a video game? Why do you want to punch a random somebody, even if that somebody is a fictional character? Hearing this, I only imagine you as slightly better than those kids.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

sinewav wrote:
I have to wonder why you think it's Ok to do it in a video game? Why do you want to punch a random somebody, even if that somebody is a fictional character? Hearing this, I only imagine you as slightly better than those kids.
I think it's OK to do in a video game like GTA, especially if you are conscious of the difference between doing it in a game and doing it IRL. If you want to get some frustration out by beating on random fictional characters, go for it.

When I feel like recklessly driving, I play Armagetron, not Nissan Versa 2014.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

When I was in high school, knockout was just a basketball game.

But this is ridiculous. Hopefully it's only happening in Jersey and not other places.
Light

Post by Light »

Living in the US, I've never heard of this. It's so pointless and disgusting.
sinewav wrote:
I find that to be ridiculous. Why can you purposely crash other people riding bikes in Tron? Does that mean you're only slightly better than people that wreck motorcycles on the highway? There's a huge difference between a video game and real life.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:
I'm not sure of GTA, from my limited experience there is no consequences to essentially do anything. I recall there being a five star rating, maybe, and that rating ups the amount the police would be interested in you (keeping their eye on you, do something wrong you get arrested immediately). There is a story, but I don't really see it's purpose other than "completing the game." It never truly ends.

To judge him based on the game he plays is laughable. Because he does that in a game, doesn't mean that's how he is in reality. I for one could see this game as something one enjoys to release stress and anger. There are some people who frustrate me enough to the point where I have to keep my anger in check, and this game would be a better solution than doing something else. The real problem isn't who plays the game, but who perceives the game as reality and believes it's fine to do such things (which might be influencing these people, perhaps?). It's almost a shame that you think that playing the game itself is as bad (or almost as bad) as someone who openly, and for no reason at all, just goes punching people in the face.

tldr; Just because one plays GTA, doesn't make them bad. We can compare ALL games and find something wrong with it in regards to reality, including tron. I personally think GTA is a terrible game.

To the point of the topic, knockout is a basketball game, what is this nonsense?
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Sounds similar to Happy Slapping over here.
sinewav wrote:
Don't be ridiculous.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

yeah you totally lost it there sine wav. There's a difference between fiction and real life. I always get pissed when somebody gets beaten up, or some kids murders his family and people just say "it's because of the video games, it messes with their head". Like come on, that kid had his head mess up before playing any game.

What about the shooters? What about Call of Duty or Battlefield? They're war simulators where you kill fictional people. Are the people who play those kind of games slightly better than real murderers?
Light

Post by Light »

ppotter wrote:Sounds similar to Happy Slapping over here.
I feel as though I shouldn't, but I'm gonna ask. What's that?
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Light wrote:
ppotter wrote:Sounds similar to Happy Slapping over here.
I feel as though I shouldn't, but I'm gonna ask. What's that?
Happy Slapping

I thought you were from the UK? There was a big thing about it a few years ago.
Light

Post by Light »

ppotter wrote:I thought you were from the UK? There was a big thing about it a few years ago.
I'm from Eastern US. Pennsylvania.
Light

Post by Light »

ppotter wrote:Happy Slapping
It sounds from the wiki that, that could go way too far. Hitting people for entertainment is sick enough, but the others described are just disgusting to do to people.

I had to YouTube it, and though it started off looking bad, I began to enjoy the outcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KribK7G3qS8

They were going to do it to someone, so I'm at least happy they paid for it.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »