What Size T-Shirt Do You Wear?

Anything About Anything...

What Size Shirt? (in men's American Apparel or similar, because I'm a snob)

Poll ended at Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:58 pm

3XL
4%
2XL
No votes
XL
15%
L
27%
M
46%
S
8%

Total votes: 26

sinewav
Graphic Artist

What Size T-Shirt Do You Wear?

Post by sinewav »

Below is an ArmagetronAd t-shirt design I am going to have silk-screened for myself. Since I am spending the money on this I might as well see if anyone else wants one. A percentage of the t-shirt sales will go to ArmagetronAd development. Here is more information:

Is white on black the only option?
If there is enough demand I might consider different combinations. I would like to stay away from a 2-color design because that gets expensive quickly. If you want another color/shirt option, post it below.

How do I get one?
I will make an announcement when I can take orders. Basically, you will PM me your country and an email address where l can send you a PayPal invoice. Shipping and handling will be rolled into the cost of the shirt. Once the invoice is paid I will send the shirt to the address provided through PayPal. Using PayPal is the easiest and most secure way for this transaction to take place. I will not be accepting other forms of payment, sorry. Of course, if you live in Southern California you can just meet me and I'll hand you a shirt in person!

How much do they cost?
I don't know yet. It really depends on how many people want shirts and if there will be variants. I can only broadly guess between $20 - $30 US.

How much goes to Armagetron?
I have to cover the cost of the shirts, printing, and shipping/handling. The price you pay will be a reasonable markup over my costs. That markup will go to Armagetron. I will not be making money from these (I will probably loose money actually). The reason why I won't make money is 1) I want to keep the costs down, 2) I want to get as much money as as possible to the game, and 3) above all, this is for fun!

Why are you not using cafepress/zazzle/etc...?
So far I have been unhappy with what those services offer. I really just want a nice silk-screened shirt and I know a good place to get them printed in my city. If this design becomes popular and the public demands more stuff, I will likely release the design for others to create their own marketplaces. Also, if you work for or own a t-shirt shop and think you can help out, PM me and we can discuss it.

Christmas is coming. Maybe this can be a gift for your clan mates? A gift to yourself? Maybe tell your parents this is what you want for Christmas? :)
Attachments
shirt-mockup-1.png
Last edited by sinewav on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: What Size T-Shirt Do You Wear?

Post by AI-team »

If you end up offering these, please make sure to include a model with a v-neck :D

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

AI-team wrote:If you end up offering these, please make sure to include a model with a v-neck :D
I will definitely look into it. The shirts will most likely come from Next Level Apparel. I am familiar with these. The company I work for had shirts printed recently and these are very nice quality. I just need to find out what the printer has in stock and what kind of deal I can get. If it costs much more for a v-neck I will need pre-payment and an extra two weeks delivery time. This goes for all special combinations. If you want it I can get it -- for a price.

:o Oh Snap! I just saw my printer has glow in the dark ink. I think I might have to get a quote for that too...
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

What, no love for fat tall people?!

Y no 3x! I didn't plan on buying a shirt, but still the point remains!

But seriously I wear a 2-3x. I used to wear a 2x only, Need...to...lose...weight....

Looks pretty good though, is that the only design your looking into?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

F0RC3 wrote:Y no 3x! I didn't plan on buying a shirt, but still the point remains!
I was gonna bring this up since it was a problem when dealing with shirts in a completely unrelated community, but it seemed like it might not be taken seriously from someone who just voted they wear a small. :/ I back up your point, though there are less users for it than say large or XL, and he may not want to hold too much in stock since it sounds like he's planning to do this out of his own pocket with a home printer.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:oops: Oh my. I added a 3XL option but that erased the results, so please vote again!
Light wrote:...sounds like he's planning to do this out of his own pocket with a home printer.
Not a home printer, but silk-screened at a t-shit shop in my area. I am in the process of getting a quote now. It shouldn't be much of a problem to add sizes and styles to the order because it's going to be expensive either way. Short runs always are.

@Force: This is the only design I am doing, and the only changes I will make are between one color and two color printing, possibly. Adding a second design will literally double the price I have to pay.

Right now I'm looking at around 1-small, 9-mediums, 1-large, and 1-3x-large -- the poll total before I erased it.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

sinewav wrote:I just saw my printer has glow in the dark ink

sinewav wrote:my printer has glow in the dark ink
sinewav wrote:has glow in the dark ink
sinewav wrote:glow in the dark ink

sinewav wrote:glow in the dark

Shut up and take my money.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Not a home printer, but silk-screened at a t-shit shop in my area. I am in the process of getting a quote now. It shouldn't be much of a problem to add sizes and styles to the order because it's going to be expensive either way. Short runs always are.
That's cool. I expected you to go the route of iron-ons but it seems like you're going for a little higher quality. (:
sinewav wrote:Right now I'm looking at around 1-small, 9-mediums, 1-large, and 1-3x-large -- the poll total before I erased it.
Added my vote back even though it won't do much since medium and large are always the ones that tend to stick out the most.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

sinewav wrote::o Oh Snap! I just saw my printer has glow in the dark ink. I think I might have to get a quote for that too...
Oh boy that makes them even more appealing :D

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Hello Sine, if you need some very specific t-shirt conception and can buy at least 50 items, contact me, I can talk to some factory i know and get around 7€/tshirt buying price.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Heh, thanks. But there is no way 50 people will buy a shirt. We don't even have 50 people who post regularly. I'm thinking maybe 12 people at most, including myself.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

sinewav wrote:Heh, thanks. But there is no way 50 people will buy a shirt. We don't even have 50 people who post regularly. I'm thinking maybe 12 people at most, including myself.
You could always add another poll to see who'd be willing to buy it. But yea I agree that there's no way the number will reach 50.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

I'm sure a lot of people don't order, because they're afraid of the shipping costs. Any idea what shipping one of those shirts to Germany would cost?

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

AI-team wrote:I'm sure a lot of people don't order, because they're afraid of the shipping costs. Any idea what shipping one of those shirts to Germany would cost?
Shipping to Europe and South America is roughly $15 per shirt. Inside the United States it is about $5.

I just got a quote from the printer and I'm trying to decide if I want glow in the dark ink. This may be a cost I absorb to keep the price down. It looks like shirts may cost, with shipping, $28 inside the US and $38 for EU/SA. This leaves very little for Armagetron donations and I would take a substantial loss.

However, the shirts are high quality and the design is one-of-a-kind. I should make a poll to see if anyone would actually buy this.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Are we expected to PayPal the money? Check?

As much as I would want one, I don't know about sending money to a (random) person over the internet.

No offense to you sine