What Size T-Shirt Do You Wear?

Anything About Anything...

What Size Shirt? (in men's American Apparel or similar, because I'm a snob)

Poll ended at Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:58 pm

3XL
4%
2XL
No votes
XL
15%
L
27%
M
46%
S
8%

Total votes: 26

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: What Size T-Shirt Do You Wear?

Post by sinewav »

ElmosWorld wrote:As much as I would want one, I don't know about sending money to a (random) person over the internet.
This is why I am only taking payments through PayPal. It is no different than sending money to any online business. If you send a payment to me through PayPal and I fail to deliver the goods you can file a claim and get your money back. If it makes you feel better I can make a webpage with the shirt and a little PayPal button (actually, that is a pretty good idea). As I stated in the first post, the reason I am not using one of those cafepress style marketplaces is the quality of the shirts. I'm a bit of a snob and want a nice shirt.

I understand what you mean by random, but seriously, considering my involvement with this game over the past 6 years what are the chances I am running a scam? Haha. Note: I also run an online business, if that makes you feel any better. A good portion of my day is collecting money from PayPal and shipping stuff all over the world.

Here is the deal: I'm making this shirt no matter what. If I make one shirt it's going to cost me around $85. The more shirts I make, the cheaper my shirt gets. I thought this would be a nice way for others to show their love of the game with a cool design plus throw some money to the development team.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok, I have another idea. Rather than sell these directly I can sell them on ebay. This will add a layer of confidence. However, the shirt price will go up because ebay and PayPal charge fees.

Either way I still need to get a count of how many people want one and what sizes. I'm going to talk to the printer and see if I can get one made as a prototype to show off.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

sinewav wrote:Not a home printer, but silk-screened at a t-shit shop in my area.
Ew. I know about the hygiene hypothesis and all, but isn't that a bit extreme?

I would trust sinewav with my money. I just don't care about the shirt. Sorry.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

I'll definitely buy one if glow in the dark is an option. I can send you the money through Paypal, Sine.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Not trying to be mean but I think people can just copy or make the graphic and order a shirt like that in any "shirt shop" or wherever its called on your country.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

I'd buy one

xxxxxxxxxxxx
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:Not trying to be mean but I think people can just copy or make the graphic and order a shirt like that in any "shirt shop" or wherever its called on your country.
Yes you are correct. But that copy will be lower quality and more expensive than if we work together to make them. That is the point of this thread. I have already submitted my artwork to the t-shirt shop and will have a (very expensive) prototype in my hands within a week or so. I'll take some pictures and show you guys how it tunred out.

Since there isn't enough interest in purchasing this design for the benefit of the game I will probably make shirts just for those who want them (for a slighty cheaper price). Of course, that means I lose about $100 and Armagetron gets nothing. :/
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

I like your interest on making the game or the community better and promote it, but I dont see the point of you lossing money for something that DEV team should make (not just about t-shirts).

I think this game have the potencial for increase the amount of people playing and also bringing back some old players. The game owners should expend some money and time on better promotion, better tournaments and also prized. Then get paid for blurb, fee or wherever.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:...I dont see the point of you lossing money for something that DEV team should make (not just about t-shirts).
This is the beauty of an open source project. If the community is strong enough we can be more efficient by letting people do what they are best at. Developers should develop the game. Designers and artists should design and make art. People with an interest in marketing should do marketing. It is a good thing that I have the opportunity to contribute and take risks. No one has "a job" in Armagetron (though some people have appointed themselves certain responsibilities).

The shirt I am making is expensive, but this is also an interesting project for me. Because I find it interesting the cost is easier to bear. As I've said before, this game is a hobby for me. And since I don't drink or do drugs or otherwise waste money on lame types of recreation I have a little money to spend on this game.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I finally have the prototype. It glows in the dark! I tried to take a picture of it but the camera on my phone is poor quality, thus the simulation below.

Since there isn't a lot of interest in this design I probably won't sell any and just enjoy the one I have. However, if at least a dozen people wanted to buy one I would probably get them made and sell them on ebay, but they would be expensive. The shirts are a high quality fabric, plus I would have to cover the ebay/paypal fees and a slight markup for Armagetron donations.
Attachments
arma-shirt-actual.jpg
arma-shirt-simulated.jpg
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

**** yeah, shut up and take my money
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

S, and yes, v-necks please!

Although I have to get a paypal account somehow, damn it.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

<- Waaaaaaant. XL. Neck doesn't matter.
Any chance for kid sizes?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Vogue wrote:S, and yes, v-necks please!

Although I have to get a paypal account somehow, damn it.
If he sends a request, you can pay with Paypal or a credit / debit card. Don't actually need a Paypal account, though it's usually safer. I'd say we can probably trust Sine though. :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote:<- Waaaaaaant. XL. Neck doesn't matter.
Any chance for kid sizes?
The printer screwed up the size. I was supposed to be 5" but he made it a little over 6". I can totally put it on a kids size, but it would look huge.
Light wrote:If he sends a request, you can pay with Paypal or a credit / debit card. Don't actually need a Paypal account, though it's usually safer. I'd say we can probably trust Sine though. :P
Yes, you don't actually need an account if I send you a PayPal invoice to your email address. Yes you can trust me. For those who don't and still want a t-shit, I can put it on ebay and you can buy it from there.

I guess maybe I should make a thread for orders? Just to get an idea of the size/style/colors to print? It doesn't have to be white on black, it could be any dark color. If you don't care about the quality of the shirt I can try and find cheaper ones. Let me look into it.