Government shutdown

Anything About Anything...
J Dawg
Round Winner

Government shutdown

Post by J Dawg »

I think we can all agree that we are all officially screwed. how will this affect you guys? How long will it last? Do you think congress will be able to solve this issue or will we have an era of shutdown?
ImageImageImageImageImage
takburger
Match Winner

Re: Government shutdown

Post by takburger »

It's funny, just one year ago I had a teacher telling us about this yearly budget issue. I would have never imagined that they will force until it fails.

Now they have the weight of all the government workers on their shoulders.

For your questions dawg:
How does it affect me: It makes me smile
How long will it last: it'll be short. You cannot not pay people. The sad part is the effect on the NYSE, I have no idea what is going to happen, as well as the investors, they are right now not taking any peculiar action on their shares about that shutdown, but it should come soon.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

It will all get good... its just drama (i hope)
Kappa
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Markets are up, meaning nobody really cares right now.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

yolo

Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I think it's going to hurt a lot, but in the end, the GOP is going to suffer the most.

Their problem is that every time a vote to raise the debt ceiling comes up, they hold it hostage over something else, and that something else is always a farther shift to the right. It's kinda like a bad parent who finds that one spanking doesn't work, so moves on to two, then three, then eventually full-out beating their child. Still doesn't fix the problem....

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

takburger wrote:For your questions dawg:
How does it affect me: It makes me smile
How long will it last: it'll be short. You cannot not pay people. The sad part is the effect on the NYSE, I have no idea what is going to happen, as well as the investors, they are right now not taking any peculiar action on their shares about that shutdown, but it should come soon.
RoterBaron1337 wrote:It will all get good... its just drama (i hope)
Nanu Nanu wrote:Markets are up, meaning nobody really cares right now.
Mecca wrote:yolo
Clueless kids protected by their parents. For now.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Yeah Phyto is right. The governmental shutdown means the country is going to go into anarchy and civil war. We are all doomed.

lul
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Soul wrote:Yeah Phyto is right. The governmental shutdown means the country is going to go into anarchy and civil war. We are all doomed.

lul
loool

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Soul wrote:The governmental shutdown means the country is going to go into anarchy and civil war.
Being a child, you don't yet understand this is a rather big deal. About 8% of the population is employed by the government. When the Great Recession hit, unemployment went up about 8% over the course of several months. Now imagine the unemployment rate going up 8% over a few days or weeks. And on top of that, let's consider the breadth of services every American uses which require funding from the government, for which no funds are being released: police, firefighters, road construction, teachers, medical for veterans and the poor, food banks, etc... The list goes on and on.

Yes, it is likely the government will reach some sort of agreement soon, but because the nation is so polarized right now there is a real danger this could turn into something ugly that creates fierce global ripples. Civil war? Probably not. But this is far from trivial.

Now that you know all this you can go back to eating candy and playing with your wiener and doing all the other things children do.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Phytotron wrote: Clueless kids protected by their parents. For now.
Sorry, U.S. budget must impact the companies around me at a rate of 0% or maybe it will even bring money from M&A activities from companies that go bankrupt.

Ya know its not because I talk about this that I'm from US. I just read news and stuff from all over the world...
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

sinewav wrote:wiener
loool he said wiener :D

Nah i fully understand its a big deal... It doesnt affect any of our day to day activities unless you are poor, or a family member works for the government.

So i can see where some people could think its no big deal.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

sinewav wrote:
Soul wrote:The governmental shutdown means the country is going to go into anarchy and civil war.
Being a child, you don't yet understand this is a rather big deal. About 8% of the population is employed by the government. When the Great Recession hit, unemployment went up about 8% over the course of several months. Now imagine the unemployment rate going up 8% over a few days or weeks. And on top of that, let's consider the breadth of services every American uses which require funding from the government, for which no funds are being released: police, firefighters, road construction, teachers, medical for veterans and the poor, food banks, etc... The list goes on and on.

Yes, it is likely the government will reach some sort of agreement soon, but because the nation is so polarized right now there is a real danger this could turn into something ugly that creates fierce global ripples. Civil war? Probably not. But this is far from trivial.
Looks like im gonna have to wait a couple days to get that gun permit i've always wanted. At least Obama is still getting paid though. I do agree it sucks for government workers though.
Now that you know all this you can go back to eating candy and playing with your wiener and doing all the other things children do.
i always knew you loved giving children candy and playing with wieners
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

if the political fallout is similar to what happened in '95, this will be a good thing in the long run.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Phytotron wrote: Clueless kids protected by their parents. For now.
Enlighten me. What am I protected from?