Government shutdown

Anything About Anything...
Mecca
Match Winner

Re: Government shutdown

Post by Mecca »

I haven't said anything about others who may be affected by the shutdown. :/

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I think all public services only benefit the super-privileged.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Fippmam wrote:rofl This turned into a flame thread.

It's a serious issue though, and some of you brought up some good points. I dunno, after watching "The Purge" last weekend - which btw as an aside, the cops got called on us for being too loud - the worst case scenario keeps coming into my mind.

VIVA la USA though :D
hahahah i was thinking the same. The purge is a nice movie
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Back on the subject, I was talking with a friend of mine who appears to be trading on the stock market... Thats what he told me:

"Well nothing special, we're just shorting the dollar and that's it. They do such thing every 6 month anyway... It is like there is no liability limit. But the markets are more volatile thats a fact."

It is funny because this guy is usually very expressive and here he was like he do not give a single ****. I have no idea, maybe he was high, maybe he was depressed, maybe he truly did not give a ****.

But I think the real explanation to his statement is that he is Canadian !

PS: if the markets are more volatile, it means that the spreads are moving and everything become more dangerous...
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Fippmam wrote:rofl This turned into a flame thread.
No everything turns into a ****** flame thread on here, because nobody respects anybodies opinions but theirs..
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:No everything turns into a ****** flame thread on here, because nobody respects anybodies opinions but theirs..
Let's take a look at why some people's "opinions" might not get much respect. For example, your first two posts consist of:
Gazelle wrote:loool

Gazelle wrote:loool he said wiener :D
After that you mentioned the shutdown didn't affect you personally. Fair enough, but your first contributions to the thread failed to beak the stereotype Phytotron pointed out. It's fine this shutdown doesn't affect you (but really anything that affects the government and the poor, affects everyone in the form not so obvious hardships). And it's Ok for someone to limit their opinion to "meh, doesn't bother me," but they also do OP a disservice. You see, he was looking for a more in-depth study of the topic:
J Dawg wrote:[H]ow will this affect you guys? How long will it last? Do you think congress will be able to solve this issue or will we have an era of shutdown?
Can you understand why it might be frustrating seeing a thoughtful thread get cluttered up with YOLOs and GIFs?
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Mecca wrote:I haven't said anything about others who may be affected by the shutdown. :/

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I think all public services only benefit the super-privileged.
Well, d'uh. I know you only talk about yourself, see previous post. Where I got the idea?
If it has major effects on my life later on, I'll be fine. I don't need to be super privileged for my entire life.
"...and if everyone was as content with one's situation as I am with mine, neither would there be social envy nor economic injustice. I can theoretically afford everything I need, even though nobody guarantees me that I know what I buy. When I buy a car so I can get to my job, I don't need someone to control that it's working properly - that's a luxury anyway. If I die in a car crash caused by someone who didn't have his car examined for the same reason, the last thing I'm gonna utter is YOLO."
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Loool Yes, i was making a joke about soul's comment.. I understand, and im sorry, i take things seriously but i do like to laugh and make jokes when doing so.. But its not like i read all the comments and was like, eh **** it these people dont know what they are talking about so lets just completely ignore them or try to put them down, kinda like phyto and others do on a constant basis around here.

I understand your point, but i know in the past i've seen topics where people have discussed their opinion (without making jokes) and they got totally disregarded or flamed for no reason.. Why because they voiced their opinion? its wrong. Shouldnt happen.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Word wrote:
Mecca wrote:I haven't said anything about others who may be affected by the shutdown. :/

Well, d'uh. I know you only talk about yourself, see previous post. Where I got the idea?
If it has major effects on my life later on, I'll be fine. I don't need to be super privileged for my entire life.
"...and if everyone was as content with one's situation as I am with mine, neither would there be social envy nor economic injustice. I can theoretically afford everything I need, even though nobody guarantees me that I know what I buy. When I buy a car so I can get to my job, I don't need someone to control that it's working properly - that's a luxury anyway. If I die in a car crash caused by someone who didn't have his car examined for the same reason, the last thing I'm gonna utter is YOLO."

If you know I only talk about myself, why would you bring up what you think I think about what affects others? Are you just upset that I don't care as much as you think I should? :ghost:
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

sinewav wrote:
Gazelle wrote:No everything turns into a ****** flame thread on here, because nobody respects anybodies opinions but theirs..
Let's take a look at why some people's "opinions" might not get much respect. For example, your first two posts consist of:
Gazelle wrote:loool

Gazelle wrote:loool he said wiener :D
After that you mentioned the shutdown didn't affect you personally. Fair enough, but your first contributions to the thread failed to beak the stereotype Phytotron pointed out. It's fine this shutdown doesn't affect you (but really anything that affects the government and the poor, affects everyone in the form not so obvious hardships). And it's Ok for someone to limit their opinion to "meh, doesn't bother me," but they also do OP a disservice. You see, he was looking for a more in-depth study of the topic:
J Dawg wrote:[H]ow will this affect you guys? How long will it last? Do you think congress will be able to solve this issue or will we have an era of shutdown?
Can you understand why it might be frustrating seeing a thoughtful thread get cluttered up with YOLOs and GIFs?

I certainly can :p How about instead of making this topic about yourselves lets talk about this shut down, and not flame ;)

Coming from a more liberal side of the country (NEW HAMPSHIRE ALL THE WAY BITCHES) I have always thought of the Idea of Affordable health care beneficial but yet hindering. Affordable health care will in fact HELP some people, and for American who make a little more will probably pay a little extra too. The problem with this is that it causes such a huge (and negative) ripple effect upon our government, especially the tea party members. I would love to see the affordable health care act go through, but at what cost? Having our government employees go broke? from there, government employees will not be able to pay for things, which will starve our open market. When the open market starves, that's when I think we will be game over GG.

Remember that Even though government workers aren't paid doesn't mean that wont effect other things. A lot of people forget how fast money travels, and when a lot of revenue Stops abruptly. The whole flow of money seems to be in a paralyzed state. Although we can recover the flow of money, while we are under shutdown the flow of money has been greatly depressed, moving slower, slowing our economy, and eventually putting our country in a very vulnerable spot.

Again, liberal speaking, so Do not take what I say as some neutral prophet. I think Our president has gone through a lot to get this bill put into play. Supreme court, numerous debates, and even bested his opposition in the election. It is proven that the majority of the country does want affordable health care, But I wonder which people. Most of us are teenagers and adults ranging from 13-50 (roughly), do you think the affordable health care act should be based towards all age groups, or more towards older citizens, or just younger citizens?
ImageImageImageImageImage
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Damn dawg, that was almost a fillibuster like Ted Cruz did !! But with a meaningful content !!!!!!!! jk

Healthcare is a very sensitive point in all the countries, whether you have one or you don't have one. People are afraid of the change (especially the ultra liberals).

So I'll just try to raise some pure economic examples to support my point:

- Why do company pay healthcare to their workers ? So they aint sick and go to work.
Nobody will go against me if I say that American people work their shit quite a lot (cumulating works etc). On a country size, what is the economic effect of a healthier population ? GPD raise ?

- It also ensure a basic revenue to health companies who will know that they'll get paid (Your government will pay and you wont have that many problems to get the money. It may take time, but you'll get it, so it is safe business). Who would not open a company if someone tell them : "what if i tell you you'll get 20% of your customers, I'll pay for them and I'm rich so no problems" Don't you feel safe to open your biz ?

In another hand, I did last year a Harvard Business school case study about an American originated from China, who was a heart surgeon in US (a very good one) and he flew back to China (there is a Chinese saying that goes: at the end, all the Chinese will go back to China). And what this dude did in China is to develop in the hospitals (it is state managed there, they're commies right) some private (private companies) sections of the hospitals. He needed them to develop his thing the way he want, and the guy is very smart so he lowered the cost like no one ever in earth with better quality on heart surgeries like no one ever. But he is a genius.

My point is:
- On one end you need some coverage, it gives good to everyone
- On another end, you need to keep greed for money/pride/whatever running so some geniuses can create their stuff and make the service better.
But: You gotta always remind that the basic service should be available for everyone, because it is the basis.

Its like that in successful ventures in videogames. Take LoL, it is free for everyone, to get the basic service. But if you feel the need for some more, you can open your purse. Even tho the financing process is quite different.

Anyway, I'll not understand a government that spend so much on killing people and so less into saving your own people. It does not make sense (well it does, get that lithium/petrol & stuff ikr).
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

takburger wrote:Anyway, I'll not understand a government that spend so much on killing people and so less into saving your own people. It does not make sense (well it does, get that lithium/petrol & stuff ikr).
Bingo. Just a few weeks ago the president wanted to bomb Syria, then suddenly we can't pay to keep our own government running? Some lies are being told for sure.

Not to drive this into the health care debate, though it's hard to avoid considering the push to defund the ACA, but rather than questioning health care mandates we should more often debate why health care costs are so high to begin with and why other less wealthy countries are able to easily fund universal health care. Also remember, the ACA is not even close to universal heath care.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Just check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita

It is obviously too expensive in your country :/

By comparison : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... penditures

Be careful tho, military expenditures are paid by the government (and taxes) while Health are paid by the people.

But wow, I'm so shocked by this data I just found. wow wow wow
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

ACA is also supposed to bust up the oligarchies that run the healthcare prices up.

So it's no surprise those oligarchies bought themselves some representatives and pushed for a government shutdown. They should just do the honest thing and hire mercenaries to stage a coup.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Lucifer wrote:ACA is also supposed to bust up the oligarchies that run the healthcare prices up.

So it's no surprise those oligarchies bought themselves some representatives and pushed for a government shutdown. They should just do the honest thing and hire mercenaries to stage a coup.
No worries, Monsanto bought Blackwater haha
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

I have now been affected by the government shutdown. Some government mail servers are unavailable due to the shutdown.

#MyLife
#LessRevenue
#NBD
#StillABetterLoveStoryThanTwilight