Streaming Gold 2 games in League of Legends

Anything About Anything...
Mecca
Match Winner

Re: Streaming Gold 2 games in League of Legends

Post by Mecca »

Yeah, I thought this was happening:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends ... o_advance/

This may be what contributed to your friend's struggle for Diamond promos, Tak.

I'm not sure if MMR is calculated as a single value. If it is, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of confidence variable that the system has which helps the system determine if you are ready to advance or not.

I had a similar experience getting into my Plat promos. I got to 99LP (I got like +4 or +3 or something to get to 99LP, which was lower than what I had been expecting to get), lost 3 games in a row, won 1, and was in my promo.

What I think the system was thinking:
~7xLP - "OK, this guy is pretty good, he's playing well at the Gold 1 level"
~8xLP - "Neato, he keeps winning, he shouldn't be with the players he's playing with"
~93LP - "Oh, he's been winning consistently. I think he's pretty good; but what if he's just getting lucky? His MMR is right where it should be to hit Platinum. I wonder if he's just getting lucky."
99LP - "WTF... He keeps winning, there must have been one or two lucky games in there that has got him winning so consistently. Let's hold him here for a little bit to make sure he doesn't get a lucky ride to a league he cannot drop out of."
1st loss - "Well, there's finally a loss. His MMR is still higher than it needs to be; but he's going to have to show that he can win to get back into his promos."
2nd loss - "I didn't expect that. He was on such a good winning streak. If he can show that he can win, he deserves a promo series to determine if he can hold a w/l of over 50% at this MMR"
3rd loss - "Well, this may be an unlucky streak. He has had a w/l rate of over 50% for a while. This is unusual."
win that got me to promo - "OK, well if he won 5 (to get to 7x, 8x, ~93, 99LP, and now) at this MMR and lost 3, he is able to play at the Platinum level with a positive w/l ratio. Let's put him in promos to see if he can hold that winrate."

I totally agree that there is something wrong when you need to lose to get put in your promos. They mentioned that they are tuning the league system so players won't be getting +0 LP anymore, which is bogus. Hopefully they adjust the way the system confidence works so the lower metal tiers don't have as many players that have a lower MMR than players in a lower league.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Nice information thanks.

I got my plat reward tho today too :)

BTW last week I did that competition, was fun (and hard) http://www.blackmonstercup.com/en/cups/ ... ualifier-2
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Oh neat. How did your team do? :D
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Quick Question..

Anyone know what date Season 4 is set to start on?

I wont have much time to play due to school and hopefully a job here soon, im thinking i might try to get a higher elo this season, instead of tron on the down time. :)
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Mecca wrote:Oh neat. How did your team do? :D
We won the first match, vs silvers with diamond 1 adc. (i'm the adc and they carried me hard)

We won the second match, vs plats/diamond players. (i carried hard hard)

We lost third match, with a challenger and diamonds players. (but they rolled on us it was so sad)

We are 2 diamond5 and 1 plat1 1plat 3 and a plat5 in the team.

Knowing that we had no experience we were quite happy about the performance. We will make this every month if we can.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Gazelle wrote:Quick Question..

I wont have much time to play due to school and hopefully a job here soon, im thinking i might try to get a higher elo this season, instead of tron on the down time. :)
AFAIK, there is no set date for it to start. I think season 4 will start at the next patch. They announced that there will be no preseason and we will jump right into season 4.

Ranked queues are still enabled now, so you can still rank up; but note that you won't get much of a lead on next season. IIRC, your new elo after the reset will be current (elo + 1200) / 2.

GJ, Tak! Are your matches streamed? Let me know when your next one is. I'd love to watch.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Mecca wrote:
Gazelle wrote:Quick Question..

AFAIK, there is no set date for it to start. I think season 4 will start at the next patch. They announced that there will be no preseason and we will jump right into season 4.

Ranked queues are still enabled now, so you can still rank up; but note that you won't get much of a lead on next season. IIRC, your new elo after the reset will be current (elo + 1200) / 2.

GJ, Tak! Are your matches streamed? Let me know when your next one is. I'd love to watch.
Its not streamed, we don't have the resources to do it. But next time if you want you can still create an acc in EUW and just go in referee spot/spectate a friend.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

what's your account tak?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Thank you Mecca... :)
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Zap, my nick is callmebob2k add me :)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Decided to be gay and level a smurf. Any low levels on EUW can add me!
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

If you were being gay, you'd be a twink.

Why smurf though?
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

What do you think about that season changes ?

I hate them, I especially hate the fact that riot was supposed to put the EUW server with a better provider and it is actually worse than ever... Along with the heroes disabled because of bugs... Like wtf they dunno how to code...
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

takburger wrote:What do you think about that season changes ?

I hate them, I especially hate the fact that riot was supposed to put the EUW server with a better provider and it is actually worse than ever... Along with the heroes disabled because of bugs... Like wtf they dunno how to code...
I think like any change, we'll get used to it :p the patch was put into place and preseason is now extended until 2014? this is merely a trail and error to see if they are doing it right, and I think they are.

Onto champions and item changes, The idea of a trinket for warding is a great idea. So many supports pour money into wards only to have them destroyed by an enemy :( With this, and the nice add on of more gold generating items, Supports can finally finish a match with a complete item set, and still have enough money for wards.

Onto the champions Now, I am really happy about nautilus' new 1.5 passive stun staggering blow. This can be so essential in a team fight. I really do hope that his late game is even more destructive than last time.

I am really not happy about the nerf of nidalees Javelin toss. Now that It does bonus dmg "from where the spear was cast" it really hurts her harass. I do think she will still do a lot of damage, just not as much. Also the armor and MR debuff duration :( 3 seconds is a lot, 2 woulda sufficed.

Now I do not play vayne, because I am just not good enough to use her well. But seriously, why would they nerf the E? WHY! Having the stun apply on terrain hits is lame, and taking away the extra auto is not good :(

Raka, idk what to say. she got nerfed and buffed, but idk if its good or not.

NO MORE INVISIBLE PINK WARDS WHYYYYYYY
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

soraka is op as **** now, it's a fact