Re: Streaming Gold 2 games in League of Legends

Post by takburger »

Gold in NA is silver in EU
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

haha, someone got told

in all seriousness, I googled it out of boredom and it seems the EU ladder is harder and more competitive compared to NA ;)
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Source?

dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

Internet.
But in all seriousness, look up some league's forums threads or what good streamers say on their streams. Basically equal MMR will rank you lower on EU than it would on NA.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

The League forum posts are almost useless, and isn't backed by very much (if any) evidence or reasoning; and many of them are a bit old. I found opinions of "NA is harder", "EU is harder" and "There is no difference".

This was an eye opener though:
http://www.lolsummoners.com/ladder/euw
http://www.lolsummoners.com/ladder/na

I had thought that NA was the most popular region for LoL (it might be if you include players that do not play ranked; but I have no idea); but it seems that EUW has quite a bit larger player base in ranked. The percentages are pretty similar, especially around Gold. the challenger percentage is heavily skewed for NA due to WildTurtle who has rank 1, 4, and 7, lol.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I wonder if the ranked 5v5 team ladders share the same trend.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

I played in gold 2 NA, felt so bad about the level despite my 188 ping, i migrated back to EUW got 1 placement match was silver 2 and felt as bad as gold2 NA but without the ping, now i got a long way to go back to plat with all my friends.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Felt so bad about what level?
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Mecca wrote:Felt so bad about what level?
About the level of play here. Image
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

-*inS*- wrote:
sry can u repeat that
Attachments
oJALR95.jpg
oJALR95.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I agree with what they were saying in some of the pre-game filler: C9 had little to no competition in NA, and its hard to see what you need to do to get better when you're at the top. Hopefully after getting roflstomped (I'm assuming from that screenshot, only managed to see the first and a bit of the second game) they can improve. Not to take away from fnatic, they're doing awesome right now. As for the whole NA vs EU thing, I think it became pretty clear recently that we're lacking, at least in the professional scene
Boxed
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Vogue wrote:
-*inS*- wrote:
sry can u repeat that
That's arranged team 5v5. NA beat EU in the equivalent of yoloq. Also, that wasn't the way the entire match went. The first game was really close, Fnatic pulled ahead though and turned it into a win. Fnatic threw the 2nd game, and C9 threw the 3rd game.

In yoloq All-stars, NA beat EU 2-0.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'd rather be better at arranged 5v5s than a random team with favorites (NOT the best eu players, favorites) with a language barrier. :roll: EU is shit compared to other regions, but NA is worse and even more arrogant/clueless.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Actually, I would argue that the Koreans are the most arrogant. NA (Doublelift) talks the talk quite a bit; but admits to not being the best as a team when compared to other regions. NA is quite evenly matched against EU. The language barrier means next to nothing when you practice ~40 hours a week with the same team for an entire season; no excuse there.

All-stars was still all Diamond/Platinum level players between NA and EU. If EU was really an entire league ahead of NA, they wouldn't have lost 0-2.

;)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Meanwhile, EU won WC1 and is the team that beat a korean team (Ozone) + Gambit got eliminated by NJS but not without taking a match from them. The thing is, EU LCS was really close.. whereas NA LCS was a stompfest by C9. The best team aside from C9 is TSM.... that's really telling.

Enjoy your meaningless allstar game while I watch EU at worlds.

;)
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

All-stars actually wasn't meaningless, as the results did play into worlds. The winning region earned an additional spot at worlds. Also, the top 4 teams earned a first round bye at worlds.

I will be watching worlds as well. I want Fnatic to win. OMG and C9 were my other "must watch" teams; but they're out.

IDK how you figured that the players from EU were just favorites and not the best when 5/5 of them went to worlds, and 3/5 of them are on the same team, and all made it to the quarter finals. Another one of them also made it to the semi finals. Yoloq is quite different from arranged team.

3/5 of the NA team didn't even make it to worlds.

yoloq 4 life.

Also, how telling is it? TSM went game for game with Lemondogs.