Again, Laptop.

Anything About Anything...
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Again, Laptop.

Post by Ratchet »

Hoax wrote:Why doesn't the minimum specs include any kind of graphics?
They recommend a laptop but for what exactly, hardcore rendering in class?
You don't want to be talked out of spending more for better specs but you also care about money...I'd see if I could find out exactly how much it would get used first or you could end up with a really cool paperweight (presuming you'd have your desktop there as well)
if I COULD have my desktop with me I wouldn't even be bothering with a laptop over $300 :P

Unfortunately, I can't, so I'm essentially needing something to do everything. AutoCAD, games, schoolwork, the whole spectrum
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Well, that sucks
I don't think anyone can really help you find one, just trawl the internet for a model that has what you want and then find the cheapest place to buy it really
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ratchet wrote:Unfortunately, I can't, so I'm essentially needing something to do everything. AutoCAD, games, schoolwork, the whole spectrum
Rather than find something that does everything, do what is most important. That would be AutoCAD. I'm guessing anything that runs AutoCAD will also be strong enough to do all your schoolwork (AutoCAD is schoolwork, no?). Games should take a back seat to your education. I don't care if games are also your social life. School is your social life too.

Also this...
Ratchet wrote:I need a 4-year laptop.
Every laptop is a 4-year laptop if you know what you are doing. My current laptop is from 2006 and I don't have any problems being creative with it or doing professional work. I have a second laptop that is even older and I still use it for other applications.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

cad software talks just about everyhting games need, maybe with the exception of a high end video card, but you still need a decent one.