Xbox One

Anything About Anything...
Post Reply
User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6299
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by sinewav »

You guys are missing the point, as usual. He most likely likes those games because they offer unique and interesting game play, (like Armagetron) and are not some glossier version of the same old crap. But then again, you are the target demographic for same old crap, so go ahead and eat it up. Be predictable. haha.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Xbox One

Post by Gazelle »

Lmfao, I like the fps Shooters, and same old crap, Ill eat the the **** out of it.. And tbh thats what the conference is mainly about, if this guy "has a problem with it" dont go.

As for you Sine, Destiny or Kingdom Hearts III and even BF4 has a unique gameplay that differentiates them from other shooters or other RPG's.. Sorry, i dont see your point.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Xbox One

Post by ConVicT »

I'm not missing the point at all. I get that game play is much more important, didn't I already say that my favourite series is LoZ?
Didn't say this, but I much prefered the graphics from the N64 and SNES.
Just that that game in particular looked balls, and the graphics, look balls, either have bad graphics and awesome game, or good graphics and a bad game, but never bad graphics and a bad game . I'm telling you, it's all reverting for some reason.
the graphics for that game resemble the graphics of "Tonic Trouble" for the n64, and you think that's not bad for the next generation of games considering the specs? ................Sin, you've lost it m8.
I noticed that a lot of games have degenerated actually :(
Not a good sign, or is it? Iv'e noticed that gamers are much more pissed off with value for money than they used to be, maybe that's cuz graphics are the main focus, which is what always pulls me more towards Nintendo, but that is becoming utterly generic as well :(
Disappointing for me really, i feel like there will never be an original game ever again.
I'm losing enthusiasm for gaming, idk if that's cuz it's getting worse, or cuz i'm getting older (can't say for sure) but I still enjoy all the old games, nostalgia?.., Probably

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6299
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by sinewav »

I actually don't have an opinion on any of this, really. The last game console I owned was an Atari 2600 (srsly).

Tobe
Round Winner
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 am
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Xbox One

Post by Tobe »

Phytotron wrote:
Tobe wrote:
Phytotron wrote:I'm presently on the lookout for a cheap-but-good VGA box for this Dreamcast....
I'm not sure, but I think this does the same thing for <$40:
http://www.amazon.com/Mygica-Game-Video ... roduct_top
Nope, not the same thing. You can see how that takes standard composite and other connections, then converts those signals to a VGA output. The Dreamcast already outputs true VGA, but has a proprietary connector on the console side of it.

See here.
Whoa, Dreamcast had VGA? This console was even more ahead of its time than I thought. It also had a ton of great titles. I still remember playing some Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure back when I had my console. I even recently took a liking to Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 3. Its amazing to think that Sega discontinued their console franchise when they were so far ahead in tech.
ConVicT wrote:
Tobe wrote: What is surprising is for the re-birthed Killer Instinct to be exclusive to Xbox One
Why does that surprise you?
Microsoft own Rare.
I seriously just found that out. Also, to correct what I said before, Fox Network has a TV series named Killer Instinct and there were disputes over the usage rights of the name. That's what was delaying any KI reboot. These disputes were settled last year. Rare, however, is not making the new Killer Instinct from what I've heard.
sinewav wrote:Related.
It is really all about picking the lesser of two evils when you want to play these new generation games.
Gazelle wrote:Lmfao, I like the fps Shooters, and same old crap, Ill eat the the **** out of it.. And tbh thats what the conference is mainly about, if this guy "has a problem with it" dont go.

As for you Sine, Destiny or Kingdom Hearts III and even BF4 has a unique gameplay that differentiates them from other shooters or other RPG's.. Sorry, i dont see your point.
Games like Call of Duty and Madden do indeed just release annually because it will sell, not for any new or interesting gameplay ideas. People buy because they will be left in the dust if they don't. Titles like Battlefield and Kingdom Hearts, however, do provide new experiences for the most part. I know for a fact that Kingdom Hearts had different gameplay each time though.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were so different. KH2 was really flashy and relied a but too much on quick time events and reaction commands. KH: Birth by Sleep relied a ton on your ability to dodge or defend. KH: Chain of Memories was the weirdest entry of Kingdom Hearts yet so pivotal to the story in KH2. It felt like I was playing real time YuGiOh , haha. I spent so much time building decks in that game. I haven't played KH: 358/2 Days or KH: Dream Drop Distance yet, so I am not sure how these play. I will have to find a way to play these before 3 comes out.
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Xbox One

Post by ConVicT »

Iooking forward to the "Steam Box"?
Looks a bit like a bulky external hard drive.

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by compguygene »

Personally, I am holding out a lot of hope for the Ouya http://www.ouya.tv/.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
Renegade
Core Dumper
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Xbox One

Post by Renegade »

I think PC gaming is the way to go.
Attachments
4624372+_7881553a626019c3c01dfbaecf5d28f1.gif
4624372+_7881553a626019c3c01dfbaecf5d28f1.gif (588.88 KiB) Viewed 2123 times
Image

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Xbox One

Post by Hoax »

compguygene wrote:Personally, I am holding out a lot of hope for the Ouya http://www.ouya.tv/.
Hope for what :) I don't think it's going down that well, although what do you expect for a $99 android box with a controller

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11364
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by Z-Man »

I'd be ten years behind with consoles, too; I love 8 and 16 bit games. Mostly play them in emulation, though, for comfort features. The earlier 3D capable consoles, however, simply are not interesting for me personally. Fact of the matter is that for the vast majority of games that came out for them, strictly better alternatives are available on the current generation. And the few exceptions either are available as HD re-releases or run in backwards compatible mode. It's also this generation that developers truly started experimenting with different visual styles beyond photorealism or cel shading, where game stories became important outside of RPGs and where finally, 2D games surpassing those of the 16 bit era started coming out. I am a gamer and I want to see where that journey goes. The PC and what else I already have takes me part of the way, we will see how far. If going all of the way means I need to pick the least evil console, so be it. And for the record, no, Sony's Linux and Hack debacle is not forgotten.

Speaking of slightly evil. Microsofts transition from points to real money will see your points expire within a year after the transition. Oh well. No more point purchases for me, then, I do not spend them fast enough. Good thing I only have 120 or so left.

User avatar
Renegade
Core Dumper
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Xbox One

Post by Renegade »

Ow, the humiliation


Pic self explanatory
Attachments
Well...I+guess+that+means+Sony+wins.+That+s+a+ratio+of_9f1262_4636008.png
Image

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by compguygene »

Hoax wrote:
compguygene wrote:Personally, I am holding out a lot of hope for the Ouya http://www.ouya.tv/.
Hope for what :) I don't think it's going down that well, although what do you expect for a $99 android box with a controller
Not everybody is into the kind of gameplay found on Xbox and PS4. Some of us just want to enjoy simple, fun, and challenging games like those found on the Ouya. There is a reason that the smartphone/tablet gaming market is the fastest growing one. For those talking about the old school 16-bit and 8-bit stuff, this Ouya and similar systems fills a similar need. And success for the Ouya is not defined as being as big as a Sony or Microsoft.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Xbox One

Post by Hoax »

True but isn't it actually slower than most smartphones & tablets anyway, its main problem imo, not that i'm that interested

Also after watching that video I have to disagree about the price point on the PS4, it's not just the exchange rate that determines price. He is right though that ultimately this whole culture of picking a side and bashing the other clouds people from the fact that in an uncompetitive market the biggest loser is the consumer..
People love to compare, hate and jump on a bandwagon though

TaZ
Round Winner
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: Xbox One

Post by TaZ »

Hoax wrote:True but isn't it actually slower than most smartphones & tablets anyway, its main problem imo, not that i'm that interested
Yea, it's behind more high-end smartphones and tablets. Realistically, you could just take a bluetooth controller and a micro-HDMI to HDMI cord and potentially have the same thing with higher functionality.
Z-Man wrote:The earlier 3D capable consoles, however, simply are not interesting for me personally.
I hope you're not including the Playstation 1 or SEGA Saturn in that list.

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11364
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Xbox One

Post by Z-Man »

Tazmania wrote:
Z-Man wrote:The earlier 3D capable consoles, however, simply are not interesting for me personally.
I hope you're not including the Playstation 1 or SEGA Saturn in that list.
I am. The very early 3D era was terrible. The very early voice acting era was terrible. I saw both on the PC and don't want to go back. That said, I do have FFVII on my PS3 and PSP (recent gift from a colleague) and Crash Bandicoot on my phone and... dammit, I'm a Sony guy already. When did that happen? Anyway, I did not say that ALL games on those systems were bad. It's just that there are not enough still excellent games on those systems to get the real hardware. I'd probably love to play Panzer Dragoon Saga on a real Saturn, but no way I am going to pay the collector's price for that.

Oh wait, I'm not all Sony! I just got XBox Live Gold again because I'm probably the only guy who has not played the old, old games they are going to give away. Hope up for Viva Pinata!

Post Reply