Xbox One

Anything About Anything...
Tobe
Round Winner

Re: Xbox One

Post by Tobe »

LOL, Microsoft just mashed on that undo button. Who knows how this will affect consumers' opinions and buying choices now.
  • No 24 hour connection requirement anymore
    There will be no limitations to using and sharing games
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Bye Ps4 and hello One (mainly because of the superior controllers and cheaper internet)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Cheaper internet? I was under the impression that the Playstation service was going to be cheaper than XBL.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Tobe wrote:LOL, Microsoft just mashed on that undo button. Who knows how this will affect consumers' opinions and buying choices now.
LOL! I totally didn't think that was possible. Hey at least Xb1 won't be as much of a failure as Win8 was/is.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

ppotter wrote:Cheaper internet? I was under the impression that the Playstation service was going to be cheaper than XBL.
Playstation service is cheaper.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

AI-team wrote:Bye Ps4 and hello One (mainly because of the superior controllers and cheaper internet)
These next-gen controllers will probably feel more or less the same. The PS4 controller will offer more features though, which is pretty nice. I prefer the Xbox 360's triggers for shooting in shooters but the PS3's analogue controls for aiming. Also, XBL is $60/year while PS+ is $50/year.
Fippmam wrote:
Tobe wrote:LOL, Microsoft just mashed on that undo button. Who knows how this will affect consumers' opinions and buying choices now.
LOL! I totally didn't think that was possible. Hey at least Xb1 won't be as much of a failure as Win8 was/is.
I'm glad that Microsoft decided to change its policies so now Sony has to be competitive again and competition only serves to benefit the consumers. The PS4 is still going to be my next buy, though, since the Xbox One will still require Kinect and is still more expensive.

Also, the sign up for the Elder Scrolls Online Beta is open for those who do not know.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Tobe wrote: Also, the sign up for the Elder Scrolls Online Beta is open for those who do not know.
Thanks tobe i would never of signed up if u hadnt pointed it out!
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Gazelle wrote:
Tobe wrote: Also, the sign up for the Elder Scrolls Online Beta is open for those who do not know.
Lol, I signed up months ago on the PC. I have no intentions of playing that game on consoles. Anyway w/ my awesome pc specs and early sign up, I'm hoping I get picked :D
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Price depends on how you buy your subscription. Haven't tried to get PS+ for cheaps, regular price is 50 Euros/year, but Live Gold can be 34 Euros/year.

So one red flag down. But still: Screwing over indies, nebulous cloud claims, and still at least cloud enhanced games will simply stop working at some point. And they still wanted to push their silly policies down our throat, and what can be patched out, can be patched in again.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Z-Man wrote: and what can be patched out, can be patched in again.
Oh, that would be such a douchebaggy thing to do. I really doubt Microsoft would go down this route. Of course why they decided to severely restrict the console in the first place, is equally as perplexing.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Gazelle wrote:
ppotter wrote:Cheaper internet? I was under the impression that the Playstation service was going to be cheaper than XBL.
Playstation service is cheaper.
No it's not. PS+ costs you $5/5€ per month whereas you can easily get one year of xbox live for 30€ (dont't know about dollar prices)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Fippmam wrote:
Gazelle wrote:
Lol, I signed up months ago on the PC. I have no intentions of playing that game on consoles. Anyway w/ my awesome pc specs and early sign up, I'm hoping I get picked :D
To my understanding, the beta invitations for the PC version have already gone through three waves, so if you haven't been picked yet...
Z-Man wrote:Price depends on how you buy your subscription. Haven't tried to get PS+ for cheaps, regular price is 50 Euros/year, but Live Gold can be 34 Euros/year.
At MSRP in the States, Xbox LIVE Gold is $10/month, $25/3 months, and $60/year. For PlayStation Plus, its $18/3 months and $50/year. However there are usually day long sales on eBay or Newegg where you can pick up 1 year XBL subscriptions at $35-40 dollars (I got mine at $38). Same goes for PS+ at $40 for a year subscription on sale. So yes, XBL is cheaper but once PS+ becomes just a popular a service, you will see sales just as good or even better since it is at a lower MSRP.
Z-Man wrote:So one red flag down. But still: Screwing over indies, nebulous cloud claims, and still at least cloud enhanced games will simply stop working at some point. And they still wanted to push their silly policies down our throat, and what can be patched out, can be patched in again.
Although they can do that, I doubt they would ever dare to do it again; it backfired on them way to harshly for them to risk the same policy again.
Polygon wrote:With a sudden and drastic change in policy, I asked [Marc Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox Live] how sure gamers can be that Microsoft won't change things again before launch this fall.

"There are our policies and we are really excited about them," he said. "By adding them we have shown that we are definitely listening."
With new, or should I say old, disc policies, the few benefits of Xbox One's sharing features are now gone.
Polygon wrote:But gone now is the ability to share a game library among up to 10 family members, Whitten said. Gone too is the ability to roam, popping into a friend's house without a copy of your game and simply downloading it from the cloud to play. While games will still have to be installed, the disc will have to be in the tray for the game to function, a system which verifies a gamer owns the title they're playing.
As For Cloud Gaming:
Polygon wrote:"You have to be connected [for cloud processing to work]," he said. "All of the things that require the internet will require the console to connect. We want and expect most people to take advantage of those things, but we also want to give people the choice that they can play offline."

Whitten said it will be up to third-party publishers to decide whether they will require an online connection for their games, either because it has an online experience or because they need to utilize cloud-based processing.
This is bad news yet again...

Article: http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/444630 ... -cut-plans
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Of course they would never revert back to the full account binding, always online model in one go. They would do it gradually. Look at the current state of the 360. Use it without being logged in to Live. Features that have no reason not to work, do not work. Pins do not work at all. Box art in your game gallery does not show up. And instead of using the space for features actually useful to you, 75% of every main screen is just a huge "JOIN XBOX LIVE" tile. In essence, they already are quite dickish to you if you are not online. Or if you're not Gold, for that matter. None of the exclusive gold functions are hidden from you, they are accessible normally and just prompt you to get Gold at some arbitrary point after you try to use them.
Microsoft probably will not FORCE XBone to go online, but they will do their best to make you anyway. Those (admittedly enticing) online game sharing features they now cancelled? I would not be surprised if they came back as opt-in feature, but at the price that they only work on games you do lock to your account and let your box phone home every day. If we're lucky, that opt-in is per game.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

In regards to Xbox360 vs PS3, in my mind, the Xbox had the clear advantage of the consoles. The competition was arguably higher (possibly due to requiring a paid subscription to play), the features (Party chat, not having to be friends to send messages/game invites, on and on and on) were all great assets that the Xbox had over the Playstation. Of course, Playstation's online play was free.

But, in up-and-coming consoles, Microsoft has already screwed up too bad already imo. It's a shame. I don't have any use for a Kinect, nor the room, and yet I have to shell out an additional $100 to cover the cost of it. No thanks. I'll buy a PS4 long before and just hope it implements nice features like cross-game chat and a friendlier interface for communication amongst peers.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Ratchet it already has cross game chat.