Xbox One

Anything About Anything...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Xbox One

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Why not hang on to what we already have for a bit? None of the launch games look like must plays anyway at this point.
Some of us still sit here on our regular xbox and ps2. :P To be fair though, my brother has a 360 .. I just don't play it.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

I think Sony just about destroyed Microsoft, in every conceivable manner. At least, with respect to the next gen consoles.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Z-Man wrote:Wait, 400 bucks is still a lot of money for a toy.
Ha. Yeah, to say the least. The most I've paid for a console is $35, with games. Hang on to what we already have, indeed.

Trouble is the upscaling with HD televisions. I have a flat-screen 4:3 tube tv in storage, but we don't really want (or have room for) two televisions in the living room. So, we haven't really been able to do any console gaming since we got the HD 2-3 years ago, despite our model being only 720p and reportedly having one of the better built-in upscalers. Composite is bad, it doesn't have S-Video, and neither N64 nor Gamecube (realistically) have component video.

I'm presently on the lookout for a cheap-but-good VGA box for this Dreamcast I still haven't played since picking it up two summers ago; I figure that should upscale better to 720p. There was a reportedly good one that was selling for around $25 for some time there, but I procrastinated. Since then it has apparently gone in and out of production or stock or something, and has been selling for $60, which, no.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Well, E3 for the Big 3 (Microsoft, Sony, & Nintendo) is over so now it is confirmed that I will move on to Sony for the next gen.

Sony has confirmed that PS+ will be required for online play now (and probably some key online features like cloud) but it will not be required to use Netflix and such, unlike the way Xbox Live requires it with Gold. Also, the playability of used games is confirmed.

Xbox is looking strong with their exclusive titles, but DRM still isn't going to be overlooked by a good portion of consumers.

I'm pysched about Kingdom Hearts III, Metal Gear Solid 5, and perhaps the new inFAMOUS on the PS4. MGS5 looks like it's open world now, though. I'm not too sure how I feel about that.

Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid were all confirmed multi-platform, which isn't too surprising. What is surprising is for the re-birthed Killer Instinct to be exclusive to Xbox One. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with KI belonging in part to Fox Network and Microsoft's push for TV. This is bad news when an old title like that is renewed as a console exclusive, especially since its a fighting game. Most fighting games only do well when they are multi-platform. As for all the shooters coming out, not sure if there will be one I particularly like.

Nintendo has confirmed Megaman in their next Super Smash Bros. title. I'm glad Capcom went with the more classic 8-bit Megaman design and didn't troll people again with the fat boxart Megaman like they did in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Microsoft stated that they will be giving away 2 free games each month for Gold members on the Xbox Live Marketplace starting from July and ending in December. They already started this June with one free title for Gold members, Fable III. In July, it will be Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2.

Sony announced the new Elder Scrolls Beta will new released for PS4.

I doubt I'll be buying the console on release day. $400 is a good price but I'll still be looking out for Black Friday deals online for the PS4. Now that I think about it, I'm also going to need to buy a new arcade stick :?
Phytotron wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Wait, 400 bucks is still a lot of money for a toy.
Ha. Yeah, to say the least. The most I've paid for a console is $35, with games. Hang on to what we already have, indeed.

Trouble is the upscaling with HD televisions. I have a flat-screen 4:3 tube tv in storage, but we don't really want (or have room for) two televisions in the living room. So, we haven't really been able to do any console gaming since we got the HD 2-3 years ago, despite our model being only 720p and reportedly having one of the better built-in upscalers. Composite is bad, it doesn't have S-Video, and neither N64 nor Gamecube (realistically) have component video.

I'm presently on the lookout for a cheap-but-good VGA box for this Dreamcast I still haven't played since picking it up two summers ago; I figure that should upscale better to 720p. There was a reportedly good one that was selling for around $25 for some time there, but I procrastinated. Since then it has apparently gone in and out of production or stock or something, and has been selling for $60, which, no.
I'm not sure, but I think this does the same thing for <$40:
http://www.amazon.com/Mygica-Game-Video ... roduct_top
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

sinewav wrote:Related.
I hope that wasnt supposed to be funny, because that was ******* retarded.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Tobe wrote:
Phytotron wrote:I'm presently on the lookout for a cheap-but-good VGA box for this Dreamcast....
I'm not sure, but I think this does the same thing for <$40:
http://www.amazon.com/Mygica-Game-Video ... roduct_top
Nope, not the same thing. You can see how that takes standard composite and other connections, then converts those signals to a VGA output. The Dreamcast already outputs true VGA, but has a proprietary connector on the console side of it.

See here.
Ahahaha. So right on. That pretty much sums up our society's relationship with business, politics, and culture in general. Bars have dropped so low.

In case you missed it, Gaz, that was an "ahahaha."
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:
What exactly was "retarded" about it? The keen perspectives on the gaming industry? The succinct editorials of the games at E3? I'm sorry you were disappointed in the video. Next time I will just put up some lolcats for you instead of forcing you to watch something thought provoking. Probably gave you a headache, right? haha.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Tobe wrote: What is surprising is for the re-birthed Killer Instinct to be exclusive to Xbox One
Why does that surprise you?
Microsoft own Rare.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

sinewav wrote:
Gazelle wrote:
What exactly was "retarded" about it? The keen perspectives on the gaming industry? The succinct editorials of the games at E3? I'm sorry you were disappointed in the video. Next time I will just put up some lolcats for you instead of forcing you to watch something thought provoking. Probably gave you a headache, right? haha.
No i watched it and understood it, i just completely disagree... Maybe im biased.. but w/e.
Sine, yeah it gave me a headache............. Haha, That's Cute...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:No i watched it and understood it, i just completely disagree... Maybe im biased.. but w/e.
But what exactly do you disagree about? What is your bias?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I reckon he said one of his favourite games "Sucks Shit" :lol:
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

No, Im a big Sony fan, i disagree with the psn plus "Sucking shit"

He also liked to say that certain games were cool as shit, and they were the dumbest ****** games out of the whole conference..

Then talks about the ****** food too LOL!

I understand he is making fun of the conference itself and the consoles, i just thought the whole video (minus the part about xbox sucking shit) was dumb.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Gazelle wrote:.Then talks about the ****** food too LOL!
Awe c'mon, Gaz, that's just to add extra comedy, I found most of it funny, but I agree that most of the stuff he said was "cool as shit" (when he shoulda said "hot as shit) did look completely bollocks O.o Like Octodad looks like a PSx game to me
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Half of that shit i could run on my toaster LOL! like I was more pumped about BF4 and Destiny / Kingdom Hearts III