what are you quoting right now?

Anything About Anything...
tbm-
Average Program

what are you quoting right now?

Post by tbm- »

What are reading right now? For sure there's some sentece you want to paste here:

i'm reading right now: Henry David Thoreau - Valden

Here's my quote:

" went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived "
chrisd
Round Winner

Re: what are you quoting right now?

Post by chrisd »

I just finished reading Antifragile by Nassim Taleb.
It happens that uncertainty, disorder, and the unknown are completely equivalent in their effect: antifragile systems benefit (to some degree) from, and the fragile is penalized by, almost all of them---even if you have to find them in seperate buildings of the university campuses and some philosophaster who has never taken real riks in life, or worse, never had a life, would inform you that "they are clearly not the same thing."
There is an element of deceit associated with interventionism, accelerating in a professionalized society. It's much easier to sell "Look what I dit for you" than "Look at what I avoided for you". Of course a bonus system based on "performance" exacerbates the problem.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: what are you quoting right now?

Post by Lucifer »

Got a song stuck in my head that had I heard when I was 19 or 20, y'all may not have had to suffer through my divorce because I would have married my second wife first.
The Piano Man wrote: She's a real nice girl, she's always there for you
But there's just one little thing you've got to do

Tell her about it!

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden