Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Anything About Anything...
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Phytotron »

Too much to catch up on since I've been gone. Plus, it having been a little over a week since Lucifer's last post, I don't want to reignite too much; I'm so burned out on people like this. It just amazes me how much of a generational difference there is between the attitudes expressed here, just how much of a friggin' regression there has been between Gen X'ers and Millennials. Devolution is real. Anyway, just wanted to touch on these two comments:
sinewav wrote:Also, I'm technically anti-feminism when it falls into the same traps we have now. We need more equality, not for the ladies to take over (though that might not be so bad).
>_< Feminism != matriarchy (or misandry). Come on, man.
Z-Man wrote:Beyond Good and Evil
God, I love that game. My only disappointment was that it's too short. It had all the potential to be absolutely epic* what with the excellent premise, story line, the world, the fantastic characters. Alas, it felt like the movie version of a great novel. Now, it'd be the 3-hour long, Oscar-winning film adaptation of that novel, but feeling like a summary treatment nonetheless. Still, much adoration for that game.

* For all you losers raised on the internet, when I say "epic" I don't mean the mindless hyperbole slang sense, I mean it in the classic sense of an Epic.

EDIT:
Jonathan wrote:I get to snatch a page break from Phytotron.
Returns from extended absences always yield a page break, sucka.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: The Drawingy Game

Post by Ratchet »

Light wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Some of those terms you think are "okay" to say in games aren't, I don't give a damn how common they are, and you should be looked down on for saying them in games. In particular, I'm referring to "rape" and all kinds of bigotry, including misogyny and homophobia. It's not funny, and it's not OK, and I officially detest you.
Idk if you've ever been around me in-game, but I don't say anything I wouldn't in real life, in any game. You never hear biggotry spewing from my mouth, especially about race and sexuality, as my girlfriend is indian, I'm white and my brother is gay. I don't see how stuff like that really matters anyways, but I wasn't saying I use and support the things against it in-game. It's just strange how in general, nobody is really against it where as in real life, almost all would (or should) be against it. And, you kind'a took my comment of sayin' I think it's funny the wrong way. I meant as in queer, strange, odd, whatever you want to call it. It's just how it's used .. at least where I grew up.
No need to defend yourself. Us normal people understand what you meant. ;)
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Why in the f'ing hell are people bringing back these old threads? Stop it!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

If we they didn't, there'd be no posts to read. Be grateful!
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Cos we bored. Make interesting new threads for us to post in, then! :mrgreen:

Or...do my puzzle. Everyone do my puzzle.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Because casual sexism is still a cancer in this and every other gaming community. That's why.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lucifer wrote:Because casual sexism is still a cancer in this and every other part of the entire world. That's why.
FFY
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Lucifer wrote:Because casual sexism is still a cancer in this and every other gaming community. That's why.
They way your face warped as you changed the gravity of the situation, ******* magnificent.
Ill still eat a ******* a vegan.