Anything About Anything...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by ConVicT »

Phytotron wrote:
ConVicT wrote:you get the jizzt
gist*
It was not obvious that that was a joke and not a spelling mistake?

I thought that was maybe a little too obvious actually and was surprised when it wasn't edited out like the rest of the things i said.... Oh well
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: The Drawingy Game

Post by Phytotron »

Yes, it was obvious. I wasn't only correcting the spelling. Also, it was as much for Z-Man as it was for you.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I don't get it!
If you know i deliberately made a spelling mistake for the sake of a half decent joke, then, how is it for my benefit?
Now people will just think i can't spell :lol:
Until they read this and figure it out (if they were daft enough not to get it in the first place of coarse) :)

Btw, about your picture, I am Scottish and had no clue what it was, but wasn't hard to find out :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Phytotron wrote:Also, it was as much for Z-Man as it was for you.
Oh. Well, my general rule there is that if the inappropriate meaning of a not too common word cannot be derived from the context, it is OK. Those we try to protect with the moderator actions should not get it, either. If they do, well, the "harm" has already been done.

On similar grounds, "rimming" is a perfectly fine word to use around here.

'course, this little discussion is bound to send the one or other kid to Google. I file it under Education!
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

ConVicT wrote:<snip>
Until they read this and figure it out (if they were daft enough not to get it in the first place of coarse) :)
*course

unless that was another subtle pun..?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote:
On similar grounds, "rimming" is a perfectly fine word to use around here.

'course, this little discussion is bound to send the one or other kid to Google. I file it under Education!
What about "Back dooring" Why haven't i heard this euphemism for (y'know).

Edit: hmmm back to the drawings i think lol
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:On similar grounds, "rimming" is a perfectly fine word to use around here.
People rim, grind, stab, and <unwilling sexual intercourse> eachother all the time in tron. :P It's when you dig and seal them in that I get worried.

// Not sure it sounds any better "censored". lol
Last edited by Light on Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Seal? Now you're just pulling my leg. That is not another thing.
And stab? I get where that would be coming from, but do people say that? Sounds tiny.

Also, there is a word there that is firmly on the "not OK" list. See my criterion. It's not quite on the censorship list, but only barely so.
Hint: starts with "r".
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Seal? Now you're just pulling my leg. That is not another thing.
And stab? I get where that would be coming from, but do people say that? Sounds tiny.

Also, there is a word there that is firmly on the "not OK" list. See my criterion. It's not quite on the censorship list, but only barely so.
Hint: starts with "r".
lol ... well I guess you could take stabbing sexually too but it feels more murderous to me. And digging is a bit of the same, but digging and sealing people in sound more like burrying someone to me. :P
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Z-Man »

Ah. We're A-OK with good, honest (fictional!) murder.
Light

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Ah. We're A-OK with good, honest (fictional!) murder.
lol I was just naming off a few of the things that wouldn't sound right outside of games. I think it's funny how it becomes okay to say certain things in games, and outside of it you would be looked down at for it.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote: People rim, grind, stab, and <unwilling sexual intercourse> eachother all the time in tron. :P It's when you dig and seal them in that I get worried.

No it just wouldn't work in game :lol:
ConVicT core dumped Light for 1 point.
ConVicT: i totally sexually assaulted you against your will.
Light: yeah man, you owned me.

Lmao
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:
Light wrote: People rim, grind, stab, and <unwilling sexual intercourse> eachother all the time in tron. :P It's when you dig and seal them in that I get worried.

No it just wouldn't work in game
I ain't givin' you a choice. :twisted: - - Okay .. I stop joking about that before I get someone to write a big angry letter. :P
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

ConVicT wrote:I don't get it!
If you know i deliberately made a spelling mistake for the sake of a half decent joke, then, how is it for my benefit?
Ugh. It was meant to suggest that a) it was a stupid, crude, and low brow joke (i.e., not even halfway decent); and b) it is arguably inappropriate for a "family friendly" forum. I guess I was too subtle.
Z-Man wrote:On similar grounds, "rimming" is a perfectly fine word to use around here.
Because Europeans who don't natively speak English like to make up their own English words, especially where conjugation is concerned.
Light wrote:I think it's funny how it becomes okay to say certain things in games, and outside of it you would be looked down at for it.
Some of those terms you think are "okay" to say in games aren't, I don't give a damn how common they are, and you should be looked down on for saying them in games. In particular, I'm referring to "rape" and all kinds of bigotry, including misogynistic and homophobic slang. It's not funny, and it's not OK, and I officially detest you.
Last edited by Phytotron on Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light

Post by Light »

Phytotron wrote:Some of those terms you think are "okay" to say in games aren't, I don't give a damn how common they are, and you should be looked down on for saying them in games. In particular, I'm referring to "rape" and all kinds of bigotry, including misogyny and homophobia. It's not funny, and it's not OK, and I officially detest you.
Idk if you've ever been around me in-game, but I don't say anything I wouldn't in real life, in any game. You never hear biggotry spewing from my mouth, especially about race and sexuality, as my girlfriend is indian, I'm white and my brother is gay. I don't see how stuff like that really matters anyways, but I wasn't saying I use and support the things against it in-game. It's just strange how in general, nobody is really against it where as in real life, almost all would (or should) be against it. And, you kind'a took my comment of sayin' I think it's funny the wrong way. I meant as in queer, strange, odd, whatever you want to call it. It's just how it's used .. at least where I grew up.