Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Anything About Anything...
Post Reply
User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by sinewav »

It's nice to see people fervently defending ill behavior they allegedly don't condone and claim to not really care about.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by ConVicT »

sinewav wrote:It's nice to see people fervently defending ill behavior they allegedly don't condone and claim to not really care about.
I just want to clear this up!
I AM NOT DEFENDING IT, I AM SAYING IT'S ACCEPTED IN GAMING, Did i actually say it's accepted by me? NO, I DID NOT

This topic is really starting to get annoying, how many times must I say:
I don't do it.
I don't condone it.

I'm only arguing the fact that it's accepted by most as a dis for being beaten so easily in a game, and i will still maintain that it is widely accepted and will continue to be, regardless of this topic on such a small community.

If you are as bothered as you all make out you are, then why don't you all start some kind of protest or something (doubtful) but get something done about it then instead of ganging up on Light, and I, for just for pointing it out.
FFS guys, get some perspective!

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:FFS guys, get some perspective!
The perspective needs to come from you, when you decide to take a stand against it. I understand the subtle grey areas of certain opposing viewpoints, but in this case there really isn't one. It is not enough to just shrug and say "meh, it's accepted." We need administrators and moderators to warn, kick, and ban perpetrators. We need the general gaming public to admonish those who use this language. This is all in line with creating a better gaming environment for everyone and a better world in general. Don't be so goddamn apathetic.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: The Drawingy Game

Post by ConVicT »

I hear you, but if it was such a big issue to the people arguing that it's not accepted by anyone in gaming are a low majority, even if they are vast on this particular post on ratio,
then they should do something about it, since they have a big part in what happens with the game.
There's still no point arguing with Light, and I.... Is there?
All we did was point out facts.
Z-Man wrote:Seal? Now you're just pulling my leg. That is not another thing.
And stab? I get where that would be coming from, but do people say that? Sounds tiny.
I mean, how long since you actually played this game, Z-man?
All of those sayings have been around since i started playing this game back in 2009.
Just a lot has changed, maybe it has to do with a load of kids that found the game and dunno any different, or are trying to act the big man in front of their mates at school (they play from schools now, had 12 players from the same IP on my server every American school day lunch time)
These particular "noobs" are the racist ones most of the time, i actually had a list of bans as long as my arm+ for the ones who changed IP all the time I had, in my everytime, KICK ****** that seemed to work fine. Either that or they found a new server to troll.

Just an idea here: Why don't all you server owners have more mods? I had around 20 when I ran my server and all this was prevented, you can't just have one mod and expect them to run the place when you're not there.

User avatar
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Phytotron »

While it is true that the American Negro exists in a state some proper white men might consider deplorable for themselves, it is apparent that there is little objection to this condition, neither from the broad white society nor from the Negro himself. We see him happily sing and dance in the fields and ghettos whilst making no particular endeavor to participate in mainstream society, indeed he exhibits no particular interest in such participation. Moreover, there exists objective "proof of the necessity of slavery. The African is incapable of self-care and sinks into lunacy under the burden of freedom. It is a mercy to give him the guardianship and protection from mental death." * This is simply the fact of the matter, irrespective of moral judgment.

While a few in the salons of white high society may find the depiction and treatment of the Negro objectionable, it is evident that this condition of inequity is unchangeable, natural, and indeed desirable. Therefore, there is no reason that any effort be expended in speaking or acting against this condition. It shall forever endure.
Last edited by Phytotron on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Phytotron »

Light wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Do you want more girls active in gaming?
Well, when it comes to this, I don't personally care. I know men outnumber women, but I don't really see a shortage of women in gaming.
"I know men outnumber women in the halls of Congress and the Boardroom, but I don't really see a shortage of women in politics and business." Despite their being 50% of the population.

How ******* stupid and myopic are you two?


"Girls don't game."

Aisha Tyler: Dear Gamers


I post these links despite it being obvious as hell that you two didn't read my previous links. Stop running your ignorant, myopic, apathetic mouths for awhile and read, listen, and think.

User avatar
delinquent
Match Winner
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by delinquent »

Phytotron wrote:Stop running your ignorant, myopic, apathetic mouths for awhile and read, listen, and think.

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Light »

Phytotron wrote:
Light wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Do you want more girls active in gaming?
Well, when it comes to this, I don't personally care. I know men outnumber women, but I don't really see a shortage of women in gaming.
"I know men outnumber women in the halls of Congress and the Boardroom, but I don't really see a shortage of women in politics and business." Despite their being 50% of the population.
From how it used to be, to how it is now, the numbers of women gamers has grown a lot. Just because men still outnumber women, doesn't mean there's a huge shortage of women players. It's still working its way up, and in the future will likely be equal.

So, how is it bad that I see the incline as a good thing, even if we're not yet equal? It's getting there.

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by ConVicT »

It truly is, I even know couples who play online games together *including my own sister and her bf*.
It isn't as diverse as you think, incidentally, phyto, when's the last time you played?

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11232
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne, Jabber: [email protected]
Contact:

Re: The Drawingy Game

Post by Z-Man »

ConVicT wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Seal? Now you're just pulling my leg. That is not another thing.
And stab? I get where that would be coming from, but do people say that? Sounds tiny.
All of those sayings have been around since i started playing this game back in 2009.
If you must quote from pages long gone by, at least read the context first. I was not doubting the use of those terms in Tron. Subtlety!

User avatar
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Phytotron »

Light wrote:From how it used to be, to how it is now, the numbers of women gamers has grown a lot.
No. It has in many quarters been getting worse as gaming culture (both players and developers), increasingly sexist and misogynist, is actively driving many girls and women away from gaming. This game included.
Just because men still outnumber women, doesn't mean there's a huge shortage of women players.
WTF?
ConVicT wrote:It isn't as diverse as you think
Do you even know what you're trying to say?


And I want to reiterate a couple things, since you two are apparently immensely dense:

1) When you take the mindless, apathetic, and self-centered position that "hey, that's just the way it is, it's not going to change, I don't see any point objecting or doing anything about it," you are contributing to the problem. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

2) STOP TALKING. START LISTENING and THINKING. It's painfully obvious that you two are not reading, let alone contemplating, anything that's being said to you, especially regarding the links I've provided, which thoroughly rebut most of the nonsense you're unthinkingly regurgitating. Read those pages or shut up. Really, you two should just shut up, period.
nothing to say.jpg

Also, somehow I missed this:
Light wrote:It also doesn't help that so many fake rape / other sexual assault reports are made.
This sort of statement is thoroughly indicative of the male-privileged, sexist, misogynistic, myopic, backwards, and just plain ignorant mindset you're coming from. Look at the statistics regarding false reports versus, say, actual rapes that go unreported because of a culture of shame and doubt—to which you contribute. Something that was in one of my links, had you actually ******* read it: "Rape culture is pervasive insistence that false reports are common, although they are less common (1.6%) than false reports of auto theft (2.6%). Rape culture is pervasive claims that women make rape accusations willy-nilly, when 61% of rapes remain unreported." And that 61% may be low.

Or the vast majority of actual rapes that are reported but don't result in charges even being filed, let alone prosecution and conviction—because of victim blaming, for example. Or all the actual rapes that occur but which many troglodytic men don't even consider rape.

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Light »

Okay, so just because there are more unreported cases (which wouldn't have had anything to do with what I was talking about), that makes the false reports meaningless? And the fact that I can see both sides makes me ignorant? Whether you want to see it or not, there are a lot of false reports, and they are more visible to people than the unreported, and it does help cause people to take it less seriously.

Go ahead, call me more names so you can try to be the tough one. Or, maybe you can try to explain how simply noticing that both are happening is causing more of it? Tell me how I'm causing rape, and how I'm helping make it difficult for them to come forward about it.

And even if there aren't a lot in comparison to real, it's pointed out publically, which is why people think there is such a high percentage of fake cases. And your quote actually goes for what I've said, as it talks about how so many people think there are a high percentage of fake cases in comparison to others.

I at no time said that most reported cases are fake or anything of the sort. You are pulling that meaning out of the air and claiming it.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by sinewav »

Wow. Just wow. I'm sorry, but I can't believe how a person named "light" can be so incredibly dim. Maybe your name is a Death Note reference and you have more in common with that character than you think? I guess we are done here. Some people just don't have the capacity to tackle a topic like this. All your questions were answered in the posts above. I'm sorry you don't understand. Not really sorry for you, but for every woman, and male rape victim, you encounter.

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Word »

Okay, so just because there are more unreported cases (which wouldn't have had anything to do with what I was talking about), that makes the false reports meaningless? And the fact that I can see both sides makes me ignorant?
That's not what he said (or implied, but it was painfully obvious...). There are no "two sides", fake reports are a completely different subject, and certainly difficult to disprove. Even if we take that into account you'd be wrong: if the number of actual reports and the estimated cases wasn't as big as it is, these few fake cases would probably be investigated more thorough, since the overall probability of the accused man's guilt would sink. Then again, you claim even the actual rates include a significant amount of fake accusations ("people think there's such a high percentage...", although Phytotron already debunked that - and then you say that you don't think most reported cases were fake - so what difference does it make if you just rely on what people supposedly think and ignore all the statistics) and the debate would have to end here, because I can't nail your jelly to a wall. Everything else in your post has already been addressed.
Attachments
WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!
WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

User avatar
PyrrhicVictory
Average Program
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by PyrrhicVictory »

Jonathan wrote:I've seen worse. This thread doesn't impress me at all. Threads that hit 10+ pages in the blink of an eye have desensitized me.
How do you not suffer from seeing the cycle of dumb statements and good answers (unfortunately not understood by the two) over and over again?!
Whenever I see an unread post in Really General, I try my best to ignore it. However, my curiosity (Might it be a video of a cat riding a bike? Could it be someone dramatically retiring?) lets me no choice. I end up reading the whole conversation, unable to turn away from those two's apathy.

The intention of this post stays the same: close the topic. I feel bad for both parties (one side talking themselves deeper into a hole of hatred, the other for it's loss of time). More importantly, the topic is complete. I have no idea what there's left to say. It's an informative topic as it is, why turn it into a battlefield.
Image You know where you'll find me.

Post Reply