Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

.. If she only were blond :P

ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

Lucifer wrote:
ishAdmin wrote:I leave this forum for a while, and now you guys are picking on fat people! :)

Just a little fyi. There are many 'fat' people who consume less calories than 'normal' weight (whatever that is) people. There are many 'fat' people who are more active than 'normal' weight people. Nutrition, metabolism, insulin response, and countless other factors are all extremely complicated. Many 'fat' people are quite desperate to lose weight, and are unsuccessful no matter what they do. Their best shot at losing the fat is through aerobic exercise, but even that comes with mixed success. Please don't assume people are fat because they somehow choose to be through lack of effort or bad eating habits.

And if anybody has a problem with the above, I'm going to eat your dinner! :P
There are also many 'fat' people who say all of those things so they can deny they eat 5 4-course meals daily. I've seen it.
I haven't met a single one of those kind of 'fat' people, although I'm sure they exist somewhere. Are you saying that because you've seen 'it', you are free to conclude it must be true in some degree for every fat person?

Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner

Post by Lucifer »

ishAdmin wrote:
Lucifer wrote: There are also many 'fat' people who say all of those things so they can deny they eat 5 4-course meals daily. I've seen it.
I haven't met a single one of those kind of 'fat' people, although I'm sure they exist somewhere. Are you saying that because you've seen 'it', you are free to conclude it must be true in some degree for every fat person?
Quite the contrary, ish. I don't really see how this specific part of fatdom applies to the discussion, since the discussion was based on some woman suing her doctor for recommending she lose weight before her weight kills her.

I'd be interested in seeing some statistics to show how many people are "genetically fat", as you say, compared to how many people are just plain slobs when they eat. I'm a firm believer in protecting the minority from the majority, mind you. :) So either way you cut this pie, I get a nice big piece.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden