Earphones

Anything About Anything...
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Earphones

Post by Slov »

I'm having trouble with my earphones, every time I buy a new pair, one side stops working after like a month. It happens no matter how careful I am with them and no matter what brand they are (had Skullcandy, Sony, the Apple ones). I had to buy 5 new ones since September and I was wondering, since none of my friends have the same problem, could it be my phone that's ruining them? (I have an old Nokia X2) Every pair of earphones I buy are usually cheap, around 10 euros but I know a lot of people have the same ones and they work fine.
And is there any simple way to fix it? It seems like if I put the cable in a certain position it plays on both sides for a like a second..

My journey home from school is really stressful without music :3 please help lol
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Earphones

Post by sinewav »

I think the problem lies in the phone headphone/mic jack being a 3-conductor pin versus a 2-conductor pin for headphones. Do you have the same problem if the headphones have a microphone built in? I really don't know much about this.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Get headphones you can open so you can sold up the contacts if they are broken. Also, aluminium foil can be really helpful - put tiny bits of it wherever you think the problem is.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

I used to always have this problem, I usually got 2-3 months out of mine before they crapped out. I finally gave up and just use headphones now, which for whatever reason have been working perfectly for around a year now
Boxed
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

sine: no I've never had a mic built in, I always use those small ones like this: pic

word: thanks I'll try that :D

clutch: I look stupid wearing real headphones (like dre beats style) :(
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Buy proper in-ears once and you'll be fine

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Just ftr I use Marleys now and they are amazing. £13 form HMV (£20 rrp) and they are on par with the £100+ dre ones (imo dre is so over-rated it's unbelievable).

I take it you're being careful with them and not letting your phone drop and bounce on the cab;e or anything like that which will damage the connections?
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

Get Bose mie2 or ie2 and you will be fine!
Kappa
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

bose are a rip-off, just like beats

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

If the in ear ear phones aren't working well, for you i would suggest full on headphones. they are ofcourse more expensive, but the way you have gone through earphones its probabally better to just buy one expensive thing that will last you a long while
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

My son had the exact same problem until he bought regular headphone style SkullCandy headphones. 4 months with no problems. I only use a Logitech USB Headset. The last one I had lasted me almost 4 years, I am on about a year with my current headset.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I don't know what people do with their earphones. I got a pair of Apple ones nearly 10 years ago with my iPod; I only replaced them last year as I realised in terms of sound quality they were pretty bad, but I imagine they still work...wherever they are.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Ear buds are terrible for your hearing. Get some actual headphones, and don't skimp. You pay more in the long run buying cheap garbage that you have to replace frequently. (That goes for just about any product—not to mention that most of that cheap garbage is made with slave labor.) They sound awful, too, but then you're someone who listens probably almost exclusively to crap mp3 and phone quality, and most of what you listen to isn't music anyway, so.... Still, in terms of durability, point stands.

Sennheiser is good.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Wow. Thought I was the only one. My headphones have the same problem..one side just stops working. In the end I just decided to get Beats to save myself the trouble of buying a continuous supply of the smaller headphones..
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Eni suggested beyerdynamic :) they are very good :o

Couldn't be happier with them, though I'd stay away from the ones with higher resistance as they don't work so well without either a good headphone amp, or a nice sound card ;o

Super comfy headphones :d

kinda pricey