Attempted Retirement

Anything About Anything...
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Attempted Retirement

Post by Ritsuka »

As a gamer, I use my time on the computer to retreat from the stressfulness of the real world, and ultimately, to have fun. I find that as time goes by I'm having less and less fun, to the point where I'm almost just as stressed out every time I play. I've had some really good times and some really shitty times, but I will remember the friends I've made with only fondness. This isn't another 24 hour retirement, or some feeble attempt at getting attention, I just can't take it anymore. I will stop in to play from time to time, a.d I'm almost guaranteed to receive some grief every time I do, but I'll probably still make appearances at tourneys so I don't want to get completely rusty.

Lisa and Terris, you two have made these last few years extremely enjoyable, and I promise to stay in touch. Thank you for staying loyal to me, even when I was in my darkest places, especially you Lisa. If I can call anyone on this game a friend, it's you, and I wont forget the things you've taught me.

Farewell,
strawberry
Last edited by Ritsuka on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Official Retirement

Post by compguygene »

4th times the charm? By definition, if you have to announce your retirement as a player, you will be back. People that truly leave the grid and never come back just leave, and maybe tell a friend or 2 in game their last time playing...maybe.

See you under some new nick later.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Still struggling to remain relevant I see Gene. ;)
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Ritsuka wrote:Thank you for staying loyal to me, even when I was in my darkest places, especially you Lisa. If I can call anyone on this game a friend, it's you, and I wont forget the things you've taught me.
Im sorry, but i wish you heard the stuff said behind your back by liz while on teamspeak etc... But yes she is totally loyal to you, and is a great "friend" LOL!...

If you ever want to know rits (which you probably dont anymore) you can pm me (or not since you are retiring........again)
Last edited by Gaz on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flow
Average Program

Post by Flow »

See you when you get back.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Thanks for the warm parting words everyone.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Hey before you go, you never sent me my ****** BOOK!
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Ritsuka wrote:Still struggling to remain relevant I see Gene. ;)
Struggling to stay relevant? No.
At this point I have said the same thing the last 3 times you have announced your "Retirement". At this point making a post like I just did is a moral imperative to me.
As to staying relevant: That would imply that I really care what people think of me. I don't. Not really. I would prefer people think well of me. However, when I am trying to make a point, or state something I really believe in...I just don't care.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

In all honesty. You are all being childish pricks towards him. If you ask me, you all sound jealous that he's leaving and you won't because Tron is the only life you have lmao and Gaz you're a grass. Things that were said in team chat were probably a joke, or if it was a /msg, then i bet if she/he (who knows in this game) won't joke about anyone with you again, you grass ! :lol:
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

ConVict LOL! it was over teamspeak 3, after dumb things were done and we were discussing all the dumb shit rits did etc.. (sorry its the truth) i was just saying how he thinks Lisa is his "friend" when he really doesnt know at all what is said behind his back.. Call me what you want im just telling him how it is lol... And for you, you dont know what the **** you are talking about, so stay out of it.. And if you havent noticed at all, i mean not like the whole tron community hasnt notice with the new fort tumblr.. But liz and I arent on good grounds atm.. so if she did "say anything to me in a message about someone else" im going to tell the person cause its the honest thing to do.. instead of them thinking liz is "their friend". Liz doesnt have friends on here, want to know why? cause she talks bad about everyone behind their backs, because everyone is "inferior" to her, amirite, liz? So yeah maybe if liz and i were on good terms i wouldnt of told rits that, or maybe i would've cause its fair for him to know where he lies with his "friends" before he says good-bye.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

ConVicT wrote:In all honesty. You are all being childish pricks towards him. If you ask me, you all sound jealous that he's leaving and you won't because Tron is the only life you have lmao and Gaz you're a grass. Things that were said in team chat were probably a joke, or if it was a /msg, then i bet if she/he (who knows in this game) won't joke about anyone with you again, you grass ! :lol:
I am not denying being a prick. I am just saying I was doing it 'cuz of the history. Whatever. Anybody who knows me knows I don't play that much. I am way too busy in real life to play nearly as much as most of you. Let me be frank. I find it to be a rather overly prideful thing to announce your "retirement" from a video game. Nobody is a paid professional here. To me it seems illogical to "announce your retirement" unless you are just doing it to garner attention. And I think that I am allowed to express my annoyance at the multiple times that the player in question is announcing his retirement. I suppose that for me to air my feelings on this matter is just me being the cranky old man that I can be.
So, if I have offended many of you, as I certainly seem to have, so be it.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

First off, let me start by saying that my intentions were not to seek attention, nor was it a matter of pride. I have a select group of friends that I've accumulated over a 7 year stint on Armagetron, and whether you agree or not, I believe that they deserve more than just a "I'm quitting, bye." I'd like to also point out that this thread was not meant to be a source for flaming or ridicule, though expecting otherwise was incredibly foolish.
Gaz wrote:Im sorry, but i wish you heard the stuff said behind your back by liz while on teamspeak etc... But yes she is totally loyal to you, and is a great "friend" LOL!...
Your opinion, like your word, is completely irrelevant to me. Not to mention that you had no business posting something like that, true or otherwise, in this thread. And then to point out that you two are not on good terms? Don't use my thread to attack liz, something like that should have been discussed in private, or at least in a situation where we could speak in real time. I know full well the things that Lisa has said behind my back, because unlike the rest of you she said them to my face as well. You have no idea what transpired between us, so kindly see your way out of this conversation.
compguygene wrote:At this point I have said the same thing the last 3 times you have announced your "Retirement". At this point making a post like I just did is a moral imperative to me.
Maybe you should stop worrying about a bunch of kids/young adults on the internet.

I'm not coming back to this site. Feel free to say what you want, I really don't care anymore.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I never quite believe these announcements, since they sound so apologetic - and already seem to mention the main reason you'll be back, and you still reply to every dumbass post here (not referring to comp). So how about just privately telling people you like how they can contact you? Some people will certainly miss you after a few years, but not while you're still here.

For what it's worth, I'd quit tron for good in the moment I begin to consider Lizmatic my best friend... :o :wink:

Good luck.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Cody, as usual I'm gonna tell you that I don't believe you're done with tron.. but if trying to quit makes you happy then so be it. Are you still gonna be in League? I'm not done carrying you to 30 yet!

xoxo gay kisses from me n fipp
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Seeya later man :( Good luck with everything
Boxed