End of the world 2012

Anything About Anything...
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: End of the world 2012

Post by LOVER$BOY »

== Commenting ==
ConVicT wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think they might have been on a very slow boat and "The end of the world prediction" could have been when they estimated that they'd reach the end of the world?
I remember my religious teacher saying how those researches keep predicting the world will end. I think this time it was around December (can't remember clearly). I always notice how their predictions never came to pass. Anyway, they too are humans and over many generations we have proven ourselves to be wrong countless times. After all, the saying goes:
No one is perfect but we are all different in our own unique way
Phytotron wrote:Is that supposed to be a joke? Please tell me that's just a bad, punny joke.
You definitely know how to get worked up over something like this.
Vogue wrote:Oh my god, can you all get off your high horse? What a load of horseshit over some kid posting a cute theory regarding 2012.
God can't help it. He sits in his comfortable arm chair and watches over us as we squable about something silly. Anyway, calm down Vogue. No need for you to rise out of your seat and yell at the people treating this badly.
Gaz wrote:ConVict i advise you stop while you are ahead, i see what you are getting at.. But its phytotron, and its not worth it.. because what he believes is always right :) almost like Word.
Belief is a very strong feeling, right? I know that some people are stubborn but hey, I am also stubborn :D
sinewav wrote:
ConVicT wrote:Earth was discovered to be round (spherical) 1519−1521.
False. There is no definitive discovery date for when we knew the Earth was round. Eratosthenes calculated the circumference and tilt of the Earth in 240 BC, and there were others the speculated about a round Earth long before that.

The rest of your post is so asinine I can't be bothered to comment on it, except to say it is asinine. In other words, "it's just you."
Well for the first part, your right as always :) Second part... I have no comment for that because I know you are right :P
compguygene wrote:I wish people would take the minimal amount of time it takes to look into something like this before posting. If you take any time at all to search the Internet about what the Mayans say about their calendar, you wouldn't even talk about the "End of the World", just the "End of this Age". The Mayans describe what could be called "Ages of Mankind" that are determined by some pretty sophisticated Astronomy/Astrology. By the way, before you put too much faith in said calendar, know that because of changes in calendars that have happened over the millenia involved, some archaeologists have said that this date may have passed a few years back, or may be as yet to come.
True but I would much rather spend my time figuring out how the next generation will survive in this globalization world and maybe do something to prevent the fall of the modern world. People are loosing jobs, mines are closing down slowly and we don't know how long fuel will last and the economy is looking pretty bad. I shudder to think what will happen if it crashes again. It's bad enough that we have some people who can hardly hold a pen properly and write a couple of words. I don't know if you are aware but the american jail system created a routine of checking for those students who have failed school or dropped out of school early and build more prion shelters depending on the number. It seems they assume that every kid who failed school or doesn't have good literacy (writing and reading skills) will end up in jail. This article is one of those: Can’t read? Let’s build you a prison cell
Word wrote:Enter the four apocalyptic tron cyclists...
I really wonder who those four apocalyptic cyclists are. Can you name please so I can watch myself around them, maybe? :D
Z-Man wrote:Lag, Hax, Clan Drama and Bluescreen?
Never heard of those four :?

== My Post ==

In a way, yes. The world is coming to an end. Oh, not like the Earth will explode tomorrow or anything. It's not even our world anyway, you know. Our world is ok for now. We just need to work hard, retire late and then sail away to the after-life peacefully. I'm telling you, straight forward, I live my life preparing myself for the worst and the worst I'll be facing is having to drop off university. Oh, I have a degree but it'll be hard work but that's fine as I always loved a challenge. The point is, after we are gone, the next generation are facing a really troublesome problems. Firstly, the economy doesn't look good. As you might have heard, many have lost their jobs and countries are selling their shares to foreign countries in hopes to raise their own money. They don't realize that they are digging themselves into a very deathly trap. My mouth is sealed about that because my family is not to tell any secrets of the world of economy as my father himself is being silenced by the government.

The next generation are entering a stage of real problems and as you should know already about the prison system for building more cells for failed students. By the way, if your confused as to which generation, the generation of Z and then the A (alpha I think) generations. Those two and then more to come will be facing real trouble finding a job to settle in life. All I can say is, if the economy doesn't pull its up quickly, the next generations to come are going to be swimming in debts and loans.

It doesn't matter to me if you care or not but I do. I swore, when I took my studies up to become a teacher, "I will do my utmost to prevent the students I teach from joining the ranks of many who might end up in prison cells". It's a powerful oath for me and I'm going to do my best!

No hard feelings to everyone reading this post. I acquired my negative character slightly from my father who himself had to lead a terrible life to come to where he is and he's still in trouble (shoulder problem). Seeing the truth is the most difficult thing to do but when you face the truth, you know you can conquer the one thing that holds back everyone's potential. Destroy your fear and win your life it's well deserved freedom!

Please don't put these things in your heads. Wash it away like it's a bad dream and take the next step to meet another day :)

Merry Christmas and (this is a bit early) have a Happy New Year!, everyone :mrgreen:
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'm sorry, last time I checked I didn't need permission from some hippie bullshit babbler to post anything.

The world is fine, humanity is a different subject.
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

And also lover, you're = you are, your = possesive, for the love of god learn it
Boxed
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

And the First Woe commences.

Waiting for Lucifer to post something... :P

(I'm sure Word wishes that the forums had the ability to tag other users so they'd be notified when their names were mentioned like you can do in irc and on Facebook)
Last edited by Word on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Vogue wrote:I'm sorry, last time I checked I didn't need permission from some hippie bullshit babbler to post anything.

The world is fine, humanity is a different subject.
World and Humanity are two different things? I think you might want to recheck that for yourself. Maybe you'll know how bad the situation is. By the way, I'm not a hippie, I'm a straight forward type person who loves comedy and life. :P

Anyway, what gave you the idea you needed permission from me or someone else? I was merely trying to calm you down in my comments section. If you got the wrong idea, I'm terribly sorry :(
Clutch wrote:And also lover, you're = you are, your = possesive, for the love of god learn it
That's new. I'm possessive? LOL! This is the first time someone actually called me that :P Please tell me what makes you think I'm possessive? If I really am possessive without knowing, I might want to change that attitude of mine.

The ones who created me is my mother and father, not "God". Without their hard effort to raise me and get me my study, I won't even be here. I owe them my life and that's about all the matters. If you believe in something that doesn't do anything, try figuring out how you were raised since you were a child and you'll know the answer.
Word wrote:And the First Woe commences.

Waiting for Lucifer to post something... :P
Ya, I'm waiting for Lucifer too. He usually posts something great. :D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

(I'm sure Word wishes that the forums had the ability to tag other users so they'd be notified when their names were mentioned like you can do in irc and on Facebook)
uh, no!
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

LOVER$BOY wrote:
Clutch wrote:And also lover, you're = you are, your = possesive, for the love of god learn it
That's new. I'm possessive? LOL! This is the first time someone actually called me that :P Please tell me what makes you think I'm possessive? If I really am possessive without knowing, I might want to change that attitude of mine.
He means the form of the word "your" and "you're". You've been using it in its possessive form when it should be used as "you're".

Nice job, Grammar Police Officer #204958. Good catch on the "your"/"you're" bit.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Magi wrote:
LOVER$BOY wrote:
He means the form of the word "your" and "you're". You've been using it in its possessive form when it should be used as "you're".
OH the word!... My bad :P I didn't watch myself there. Haha, yes. That word has always been a problem for me and sometimes when I type quickly, it just comes out like that occasionally. Ah well. I'll try to watch that word from next time onward.
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

Terry Pratchett, Going Postal wrote:"And that was the end of it, sir" said Mr. Groat, as they left the room. "Actually, I heard where the wizards were saying that the universe was destroyed all in one go but instantly came back all in one go. They said they could tell by lookin', sir."
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

The universe was created five minutes ago, in a state consistent with a much older age. It will be destroyed five minutes from now. Nobody will be able to witness it because nobody will exist by then. If you see this post after more than five minutes, it was put here when the universe was created.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

LOVER$BOY wrote:

The ones who created me is my mother and father, not "God". Without their hard effort to raise me and get me my study, I won't even be here. I owe them my life and that's about all the matters. If you believe in something that doesn't do anything, try figuring out how you were raised since you were a child and you'll know the answer.
What the actual **** are you talking about, I don't even know how you managed to misconstrue what I said that badly.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul
Boxed
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

The world ending was my excuse for not buying any Christmas presents #Screwednow :o

Edit: Just a joke btw, cuz ik what you're all like ;) So nae slaggins !
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Tobe i get why you think it was "flame bait " but most posts on this site cause someone to go on a rant , if i'm honest.
Even making the mistake between "your" and "you're" causes an argument here lol.
Although i must admit i get annoyed at my gf when she confuses the two, in a text, or whatever (mainly because iv'e corrected it too many times).

You should correct your girlfriend less and have sex with her more. That would make her happier. At least, it would as long as you can get her off properly. If you can't, then, well, buy her a vibrator and ask her to show you how to use it. That would be quite informative.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

never believed in the end of the world but still kinda disappointed nothing happened:(
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Sinewav, Tobe, and Gene mostly answered why I thought that was a joke post. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world; it was just the end of the long-term calendar, which just rolls over. People knew the world was round earlier than the 1500's. And the last line, surely a pun. Anyway, gotta pick on a couple other comments.

LOVER$BOY wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Is that supposed to be a joke? Please tell me that's just a bad, punny joke.
You definitely know how to get worked up over something like this.
Where in the world do you get the idea I was "worked up" about it? That makes as little sense as calling this post an "outburst." :roll:
It's bad enough that we have some people who can hardly hold a pen properly and write a couple of words.
Especially those who plan to be teachers, but still don't know the differences between you're and your, or lose and loose.
My mouth is sealed about that because my family is not to tell any secrets of the world of economy as my father himself is being silenced by the government.
Say what?
Vogue wrote:The world is fine...
yeah, other than global warming and climate change, and undergoing a mass extinction event, it's peachy.
...humanity is a different subject.
And what better example?