Apology

Anything About Anything...
Locked
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

Lucifer wrote:I'm not reading much of the conversation
Again, I think that's the only reason you could actually say Gonzap was winning. Z-Man, too, said he 'didn't follow the actual argument'. Phytotron posted here minutes before or after he did in that other thread, so the overall mood of the post is the same, and so is the addressee, if you will. It didn't come out of nowhere, and the only one who is throwing red herrings here and demanding stuff is psy, and psy alone.
Lucifer wrote:And Word's response? Calling him a 'chicken'.
Yes, I did. Because he didn't stay on topic and at this point already seemed to say something like that just to get an audience which agrees with him, because he knows many of his friends have experienced similar responses for similar statements at one time or another and are so resentful that it's a perfect chance for them to pay the favour back ('when smoke doesn't work, try mirrors'). He could've told me how I'm wrong, but instead chose to tell us that we're as intolerant as him. He's the one who wants to get us banned.
First, I have always been explicitly sympathetic to and accommodating of people who don't speak English as a first language. Just search my posts for "language." See for yourself.
You say it but don't do it. Do as I say, not as I do. This is a point Gonzap raised against you to which you didn't respond.
I responded to that, but I guess it didn't really matter to Gonzap once I had mentioned SP. Flex came to the rescue of his mates, then he realized that psy didn't need his help because he already assembled a crowd of supporters and disappeared again. Maybe he also realized that he'd supply us with even more arguments - he just tried to defend him because he's SP. That's OK for clan stuff, but not a debate with two different opinions where one side has the popularity, and the other actual arguments. This is not to say that I feel as some kind of victim or need any moderator help, or even find it enjoyable to swim against the tide whenever I can.
I call that a legitimate answer to a series of attacks from you and Word, because Word abandoned "legitimate responses".
And here I have no clue what you're referring to.
Last edited by Word on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
-*inS*-
Round Winner
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Apology

Post by -*inS*- »

Image

K-Yo
Round Winner
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Re: Apology

Post by K-Yo »

does anyone have enough time to read all this? =O
guys, just go out and run against cancer or help old people cross the street, that's much more rewarding that wasting so much time on... what?
K-Yo

User avatar
dreadlord
Match Winner
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am
Location: Germany

Re: Apology

Post by dreadlord »

K-Yo wrote:guys, just go out and run against cancer or help old people cross the street, that's much more rewarding that wasting so much time on... what?
That's what I tried to reach with my post from yesterday (about 3 pages ago), too.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Gonzap »

I re-read Phyto's PM once again and all he said was that he respects bilingual people, that if I don't understand something I should ask for an explanation (which I did) and then brought up old threads and issues where we had discrepances and that I did not act like a grown up. He's right there, I didn't man up and started a trully argument with him in that thread like years ago, but I am now, as Lucifer pointed out. I can post the PM if Phytotron allows me, or he can do it himself. Also my response I don't mind.
Word wrote:I responded to that, but I guess it didn't really matter to Gonzap once I had mentioned SP.
I don't try to dismiss your attempt, but I was seeking a response from Phytotron in that matter. Anyway is THIS post what you think I didn't answer to?
Word wrote:Enter the SP crowd...
it's about phytotron believing he has the duty of setting everyone on the right path when maybe his path is not even the right one.
Well, he already said that we disagree on a lot of stuff but we both usually have our reasons. Posting some crap and then saying you don't want others to comment is like kindergarten-fascism, especially if they have some valid points. It's your job to refute stuff and correct yourself, otherwise working communication is impossible.
you guys are the ones who don't tolerate any kind of argument because if you did you wouldn't feel the need of bullying others for their ideas.
then why do we write such long replies and try to avoid as many misunderstandings as we can, even if we are talking to the likes of Gazelle or Aiphaton? because it's fun? Admittedly it gets polemic sometimes, but mostly because of the massive pile of shit in front of us. it's a bit like that joke about the ghost-driver who says everyone else is driving in the wrong direction.
Aiphaton wrote:and i'm at least old enough to have my own opinion i think.
:roll: Yeah, as we just learned you adapt all your opinions to the way you're playing tron. Ignorant and proud of it.
If this is it I will answer you one more time. We do like you to comment. Why would we comment at all if we didn't expect an answer, even a criticism, from someone else. If we don't want an argument we better write a diary. It's the manners the whole problem.

And what are these long responses? 'Cause all I'm achieving here are gifs and more attacks. BTW saying stuff like "at the likes of Gazelle or Aiphaton" is not only harsh but also arrogant from your side. They both are persons and idk about Gazelle but Aiphaton brought his opinion here, with a crappy english, just as mine, but valid as well and you're treating him like an inferior person with that kind of sentences. Just because he can't express his ideas as clear as you do doesn't make it not worth responding. So if you could explain me what you meant by "to the likes of x and y" it'd be nice.

Now, once again, if you feel I didn't answer to some point or argument you had against me please let me know and I will, really. Maybe I've just forgotten, it happens.

I want to see what Phytotron has to answer to Lucifer. BTW Word, where's the long post answering Lucifer as well. I see you quoted 4 sentences out of a really long post, the ones you liked to or thought it could be the weak links on it so you could belittle them? Or you just don't want to answer to the rest, which would be hypocritical, since you're accusing me of not answering you.

That word comes out here a lot doesn't it. As Lucifer said maybe each one of us have a little hypocrite inside?

PS: what's a cluster-fork?
PS2: I didn't udnerstand this reference or what you're talking about here:
Lucifer wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Neither do those from people who make false equivalences or give certain people a pass by saying, essentially, "boys will be boys."
So are you now suggesting we give 2020 his well-moderated thread free from your own responses? Or are you willing to accept that you've received protection under the "boys will be boys" clause and move on? We can stop that protection anytime you're no longer comfortable with it.
Maybe somebody can bring some light here?

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

I was referring to that post on page 17 earlier (you don't have to reply to that now, at this point it would be a waste of time - because we were talking about two different things there), but I'm thankful for that one too. I can reply to some of it, but not all (the "boys will be boys" stuff).
BTW saying stuff like "at the likes of Gazelle or Aiphaton" is not only harsh but also arrogant from your side. They both are persons and idk about Gazelle but Aiphaton brought his opinion here, with a crappy english, just as mine, but valid as well and you're treating him like an inferior person with that kind of sentences. Just because he can't express his ideas as clear as you do doesn't make it not worth responding
No, because they both don't really have any ideas and just jump on psy's bandwagon. They aren't inferior, they just don't put any effort in their texts and are surprised they don't win sympathy with that. You're different.
Gazelle wrote:lold. suck is dick more, or has he sucked yours so you would say this... or both?
(Phytotron asked him if it ever occured to him that we just agree on some stuff)
Aiphaton wrote: I don't see a "red-line" in your argumentation.
(and no explanation how that argumentation is wrong).
I want to see what Phytotron has to answer to Lucifer. BTW Word, where's the long post answering Lucifer as well. I see you quoted 4 sentences out of a really long post, the ones you liked to or thought it could be the weak links on it so you could belittle them? Or you just don't want to answer to the rest, which would be hypocritical, since you're accusing me of not answering you.
When Lucifer made his first long post (where he replied to what I've said about the moderators), Phytotron replied and it would only have become redundant. As for his second long post, which was mostly directed at Phytotron as well, I just replied to the parts where I am concerned, or where I think his summary is missing the context. Unlike psy, Phytotron is able to defend himself. Lucifer also PM'd me, to which I replied.
if you feel I didn't answer to some point or argument you had against me please let me know and I will, really.
This: How does psy's psychological/philosophical "ideas" relate to Elmo? And why is it wrong to call them "gibberish" (which is already more polite than calling them crap and bullshit), if he doesn't even try to prove that they aren't?
Last edited by Word on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Gonzap »

I'm pretty sure Psy is perfectly capable of defending himself. There's a difference between showing support to somebody and "defend" him in a paternalist way. For example, I've showed I can defend myself, or give reasoning behind my words, yet Lucifer came here and also showed support to some certain points he agreed with and also got into the conversation himself with some other ideas or responses. I don't think he believes I cannot defend myself, but he felt the need to write down his opinion as well, which is totally fine. The same applies to Epsy and Z-Man. Saying Psy cannot defend himself is wrong no matter how you see it.

I do agree, Gaz's interventions weren't thoughtful nor appropiate, but aipha's? he brought ideas here too.

User avatar
þsy
Match Winner
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Apology

Post by þsy »

Why do you keep bringing me up Word? We've skipped past Elmo, this has nothing to do with her/him any longer. From Page 13 onwards we've been discussing something else completely... I have already pointed this out numerous times, and no one else other than you is discussing this, other than Lucifer and Phyto recently and very briefly to provide a history of the discussion so far

Lucifer has said it was probably wiser that I start my own topic to discuss the whole gender thing, and I agree it would have been best, though where I was taking the discussion wasn't exactly unrelated. It might be easier to think of Page 13 onwards as a whole new topic, discussing the way we discuss/argue on this forum. To make this simpler, think of it like this:

"Apology"

Elmo is actually a boy (Pages 1-10)
Brief gender discussion (Pages 11-13)
The way we talk to each other (Pages 13-20)

I think you might of misunderstood something I said about Elmo and transexuality or something, to which you tried to pick me up on, to which I misunderstood because I didn't say anything about it, to which you called me a "chicken" because you thought I was trying to move past this thing I said rather than "defend" myself. That's fair enough (though calling someone a chicken is never every nice), because I think it was just lost in translation, and has caused a lot of confusion between us

If I look at the last few pages of interaction, it's like you (Word) have been discussing something totally different to the rest of us (us being everyone, including Phyto), so I think it might just a misunderstanding. Am I right?

But, as I said a few pages ago, let's wrap this up!

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

We've skipped past Elmo
You have, I haven't.
misunderstood something I said about Elmo and transexuality or something
Uh, what? It was Lucifer who first linked transexuals to Elmo.
to which you called me a "chicken"
I said that because you were distracting from the original topic and going ad-hominem so you'd have some headwater thanks to your supporters. Said the same in two other posts already.
so I think it might just [be] a misunderstanding. Am I right?
No, see above.
Last edited by Word on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Kijutsu
Match Winner
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Kijutsu »

Then maybe you should, unless you want me to link all of the topics you and the likes of Phyto go 'offtopic' in.

TaZ
Round Winner
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: Apology

Post by TaZ »

I have an awesome idea! This thread is going nowhere. How about we make a separate thread and list the points of both sides(Word/Phyto and everyone else). The reason why no one will come to a mutual agreement in this thread is because some people on both sides are very defensive and unable to see where the other side is coming from. I don't like seeing this back and forth without a some kind of mutual agreement happening. Phytotron and word, I can understand that you're very frustrated that people can't see your point of view. To everyone else, I know it seems like you're talking to a brick wall. IMO, if both sides can't come up with a way to agree, then there is no point to this thread. The long essays would have been written for pure entertainment. The disrespectful name calling needs to stop. I feel like the thread either needs to be locked or a change of attitude needs to happen.

User avatar
þsy
Match Winner
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Apology

Post by þsy »

Word wrote:
We've skipped past Elmo
You have, I haven't.
'You' here has to be plural, as literally no one else is discussing Elmo any more. And so when you quote my posts and respond to things I say (Page 13 onwards) it doesn't make any sense, as we (everyone, including Phyto) have stopped talking about Elmo!

Taz: It's a nice idea, but I don't think we could make it any clearer. I'm starting to suspect these guys are just super-trolls...

Although this thread is getting a little repetitive, I do feel it's had value. I feel like I've been able to say some things I've held back on in the past, and that's been therapeutic to some degree. I sense some others feel the same too

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

It does make sense. You distracted from the critique you received by us, then went on and on how bad we are* and how right you are because some others happen to agree with you and what you're going to do now. I just repeated that point a few times because of your apparent amnesia regarding the question who is responsible for this mess. That aside, all of my posts were directly addressed at what you just said, see page 15, where I responded to your use of the "we", and later used a metaphor so you might get for good why your numbers don't change the facts, then linked a video with the same message.
Well, I criticized you for asking the mods to ban us, but you know all that, don't you? And then I told the mods that the only thinkable reasons you started this discussion is some kind of revenge, or abscondence from the original topic (being your "ideas"). Why should I even try to defend myself anymore? You're just making your own - our own - facts up and then discuss and dismiss them. You're being dishonest, regardless if you claim someone else would treat you too aggressively. It's well-deserved.

*Oh yes, you were smart enough to just pose some questions and let others, like Gonzap, answer them for you.

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by compguygene »

Tazmania wrote:I have an awesome idea! This thread is going nowhere. How about we make a separate thread and list the points of both sides(Word/Phyto and everyone else). The reason why no one will come to a mutual agreement in this thread is because some people on both sides are very defensive and unable to see where the other side is coming from. I don't like seeing this back and forth without a some kind of mutual agreement happening. Phytotron and word, I can understand that you're very frustrated that people can't see your point of view. To everyone else, I know it seems like you're talking to a brick wall. IMO, if both sides can't come up with a way to agree, then there is no point to this thread. The long essays would have been written for pure entertainment. The disrespectful name calling needs to stop. I feel like the thread either needs to be locked or a change of attitude needs to happen.
QFT.

<insert_image/> Where's tank with the lock </insert_image>

Tank, are you catching a cold or coughing from this? I would hate to see you get pneumonia or bronchitis from this topic.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
Soul
Match Winner
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Soul »

ELMO IS A BOY???
#creepy #wtf
Chief Justice of the Armagetron Advanced Judicial System.
---------------
Notable Bans Issued:
Vogue - 12 month ban(x2)
Lucifer - 1 Day

Locked