Apology

Anything About Anything...
Locked
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

To me, Anders Breivik is a name on a screen. Does that make his crimes acceptable?
There are valid reasons to act out a different gender
Word [page 4] wrote:as far as I can say Elmo isn't some persecuted victim who had to use a false identity to protect his or someone else's life [...]
Where does the line regarding judging others personal choices start and end?
Lying to someone in a way it can be affecting those people's choices is wrong. You don't know how it could affect people. It's a breach of trust, or in sinewav's case an affirmation of his distrust. And statements like "you have to judge someone's character by the number points he scores instead of his attitude" are complete nonsense (the only thing you can partly judge like that is one's skill). Also, time and time again some people seem to find the love of their lives here. I don't like to be the one who tells them their choices are crap because they suck at the game.

User avatar
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Titanoboa »

sinewav wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:On-topic: I still <3 you Elmo but I'm not surprised. I'll still make jokes of us having a threesome with oddeuro, and now they'll be even naughtier.
Why would they be naughtier? Is it your homophobia? One guy sleeping with two girls is naughty, but a guy sleeping with another guy and a girl is somehow naughtier? Or are you trying to say you want to engage in even more forbidden sex acts?
I suppose so. It's nothing I'm proud of but I guess in that sense I'm a bit homophobic. Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Apology

Post by Cody »

Titanoboa wrote:Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.
Anyone else thinks this is creepy? I don't know whats so funny about sleeping with the same sex.

Venijn
Round Winner
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Venijn »

Word wrote:To me, Anders Breivik is a name on a screen. Does that make his crimes acceptable?
There are valid reasons to act out a different gender
Word [page 4] wrote:as far as I can say Elmo isn't some persecuted victim who had to use a false identity to protect his or someone else's life [...]
Where does the line regarding judging others personal choices start and end?
Lying to someone in a way it can be affecting those people's choices is wrong. You don't know how it could affect people. It's a breach of trust, or in sinewav's case an affirmation of his distrust. And statements like "you have to judge someone's character by the number points he scores instead of his attitude" are complete nonsense (the only thing you can partly judge like that is one's skill). Also, time and time again some people seem to find the love of their lives here. I don't like to be the one who tells them their choices are crap because they suck at the game.
Your argument relies on two things; one, me rationalising in this way OUTSIDE of Tron, which I've already tried to say I wouldn't, and two that I considered what Elmer did to be a crime. As I keep saying, I don't know or care enough to consider it anything.
Click. Image

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Word »

Well, d'uh. You don't need to go outside of tron for that (and it doesn't matter where it happens, either). What if you're a girl and talk with Elmo about...girl stuff you wouldn't tell a man (or another 'girl'). And now your opinion changes all of a sudden, because it concerns you, and you're the one whose trust has been abused. That's why you should care. My argument just relies on the fact that nobody wants this to happen to himself (like murder, theft and all other analogies I've mentioned by now...). Societies work because people care.
Last edited by Word on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Ritsuka
Round Winner
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 am

Re: Apology

Post by Ritsuka »

Cody wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.
Anyone else thinks this is creepy? I don't know whats so funny about sleeping with the same sex.
Ah yes, homosexuality is a sin! Threesomes on the other hand...

User avatar
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Titanoboa »

Wait now, what are you (Cody) actually trying to say? I don't follow

Edit: Maybe I should clarify what I was actually meaning to say....... I can joke about and laugh at a lot of things that I wouldn't do in reality. This is one example.
Last edited by Titanoboa on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorit0z
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:32 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Apology

Post by dorit0z »

This is disgusting

Elmo! Are u still gonna play tron?
Image

Image

nohands kill- a grave kill after you have already taken your hands off the keyboard

Thilo
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:17 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Thilo »

Hey everyone.. so.. I don't wanna be all "trendy" and hijack this thread with my own drama, but.. I guess it's as good of a time as any to let you know..

The truth is - I am neither a shoe, nor a bat.
In fact, nothing about me resembles either of these objects or any of their homonyms.

They're just the first two nouns that came into my head, and I didn't mean for it to stay this long.
Please forgive
<--- shoebat

Venijn
Round Winner
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Venijn »

Thilo wrote:Hey everyone.. so.. I don't wanna be all "trendy" and hijack this thread with my own drama, but.. I guess it's as good of a time as any to let you know..

The truth is - I am neither a shoe, nor a bat.
In fact, nothing about me resembles either of these objects or any of their homonyms.

They're just the first two nouns that came into my head, and I didn't mean for it to stay this long.
Please forgive
Image
Click. Image

User avatar
F0RC3
Core Dumper
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Apology

Post by F0RC3 »

Ritsuka wrote:
Cody wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.
Anyone else thinks this is creepy? I don't know whats so funny about sleeping with the same sex.
Ah yes, homosexuality is a sin! Threesomes on the other hand...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw&ob=av3e

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Apology

Post by Hoax »

PokeMaster wrote:
Hoax wrote:
Clutch wrote:Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internets I guess
Have you not seen Venijn & poke play :ghost:
Dunno what you mean by this, but when I quoted him and agreed with what he said I recognized the sarcasm. The giveaway was "character."
Just a play on the initial statement nevermind
You two inadvertently mocked venjin then since he was serious, a couple of good examples of "characters" being interpreted differently right here

For the record you played a right moody cow very well Elmo :lol: Nice to know you have balls anyway

User avatar
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:06 pm
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by Phytotron »

Venijn wrote:However, I stand by my statement. In a community where in reality, you know few, or no people, why do I need to judge them on anything other than the game we all play?
What do you call all the chat and forum posting and espousing of personal views and stories and demonstration of personality?
Cody wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.
Anyone else thinks this is creepy? I don't know whats so funny about sleeping with the same sex.
Because gays are seen by people like him as strange, abnormal, deviant, odd, gross, and the idea of two men touching one another in a sexual or simply affectionate manner disgusting. And those kinds of things are fun joke about, make fun of, come up with 'funny' slang terms for, and put down and ostracize in the process. For people like that, it's the same as joking about poo or vomit. People and their love given the same respect as excrement. And that's why it's so insidious.

I know you're not new to gay jokes, Cody.

Linda Richman wrote:Excuse me, I'm getting all verklempt. Tawk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Shoebat is neither a shoe nor a bat. Discuss.
Last edited by Phytotron on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PokeMaster
Match Winner
Posts: 639
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 am

Re: Apology

Post by PokeMaster »

Cody wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:Because I'd never actually sleep with a guy, but consider it funny to joke about it.
Anyone else thinks this is creepy? I don't know whats so funny about sleeping with the same sex.
Well I assume he meant that it's funny not because of anything against homosexuality, but because he himself is not gay, and thus would "never actually sleep with a guy." The joke wasn't about men in general sleeping with men, and saying that that would be ridiculous, but about him sleeping with men, which would go against his own sexual preference. I don't see how it's any different than this:
Cody wrote:I'm actually straight and I get loads of bitches.
You don't see anybody calling you a heterophobe.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Venijn
Round Winner
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Apology

Post by Venijn »

Phytotron wrote:
Venijn wrote:However, I stand by my statement. In a community where in reality, you know few, or no people, why do I need to judge them on anything other than the game we all play?
What do you call all the chat and forum posting and espousing of personal views and stories and demonstration of personality?
Not knowing them.
Click. Image

Locked