Apology

Anything About Anything...
Post Reply
User avatar
Mecca
Match Winner
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 7:38 pm
Location: I dont know...Im lost

Re: Apology

Post by Mecca »

sinewav wrote:
Mecca wrote:The only reason ANYONE posts, is to get the attention of someone else.
That makes perfect sense coming from you since this embodies the majority of your posts on this forum. Some of us actually have conversations (wow, imagine that!), though admittedly this thread isn't much of a conversation except for Jonathan's contributions.
If you're having a conversation, you're still trying to get someone's attention.

Why have you been so angry and aggressive lately, sine?
Image

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by sinewav »

Tazmania wrote:Any Christian reading what you just said knows it would be almost pointless debating with you.
Then they are neglecting their god-appointed duty to save me, right? Does that get them into heaven? I don't think so...
Tazmania wrote:Are you resentful that you once were a Christian?
Not at all. Not any more than a kid who used to believe in Santa Claus or magic. I just didn't know any better at the time. I'm quite happy I had enough insight to see how silly religion is. And I had to do it all myself you know. I didn't know any atheists growing up; I'm the first one I knew (imagine that feeling). It would have been a lot easier to see reality for what it is if I had some help. That's part of the reason why I'm so persistent with this stuff. There is very little I can do for all the "believers." It's against their religion to be doubtful, skeptical, or otherwise "open-minded." But there are plenty of people who have doubts about the things they've been brought up to believe and it's them I speak to.

So remember kids, you don't need religious dogma to lead a happy, fulfilling life! Woo-hoo! \o/
Mecca wrote:If you're having a conversation, you're still trying to get someone's attention. Why have you been so angry and aggressive lately, sine?
What the crap are you talking about? I've always acted this way, where have you been? And conversation isn't about trying to get someone's attention -- you've already got it. Well, maybe it is for you since it seems you have nothing to say most of the time... :roll:

User avatar
Mecca
Match Winner
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 7:38 pm
Location: I dont know...Im lost

Re: Apology

Post by Mecca »

compguygene wrote:Obviously you have a need to insult anybody you disagree with to prove your point, when logic and kindness will not suffice.
Image

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:Then they are neglecting their god-appointed duty to save me, right? Does that get them into heaven? I don't think so...
God-appointed duty to save you? Ministerial training or not you seem to have a very flawed view of the Gospel here. I can do nothing to save you, nor does my salvation depend upon me doing so. But, with your vast knowledge and wisdom about all things Christian, there really is nothing I can tell you, as you know it all better than anybody, right?
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:God-appointed duty to save you? Ministerial training or not you seem to have a very flawed view of the Gospel here. I can do nothing to save you, nor does my salvation depend upon me doing so. But, with your vast knowledge and wisdom about all things Christian, there really is nothing I can tell you, as you know it all better than anybody, right?
Flawed? You seem to forget there are just as many interpretations of Christianity as there are Christians. Besides, you did offer to clear up any paradoxes and I accepted. Not up to the task? Will you dance around and make excuses like "you're not open-minded enough" (translation: gullible). If you really have sound proof that Jesus is the way, it will be as rock solid as any other truth we know about the universe. Just like denying gravity won't stop you from falling, your proof of the ways of Christ should be at least that telling. But if all you have is a feeling, that doesn't help anyone now does it? We can all get good feelings from lots of places, often without condition.

And before you dismiss me, consider this: having some proof of God's existence would certainly be helpful because it would mean the first 3/4 of my life wasn't based around a lie. Why wouldn't I be open to it?

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by compguygene »

If we are back to you insisting I prove God's existence to you, I have stated before that I can't, nor shall I try. I speak of faith, you insist on reason only.... As stated earlier in this thread, I really think that we are gonna just have to agree to disagree. I still don't see the point of me trying to clear anything up when you have placed constraints on the debate that invalidate any argument I would make. Faith is out. By your words, I must do everything the Bible says, regardless of context, history, etc. So, I just don't see the point.
Obviously, your follow-up post to"this will be effectively "I told you so, see you can prove nothing". So be it.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: A frozen wasteland

Re: Apology

Post by Clutch »

PHYTOTRON WHERE ARE YOU
Boxed

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by Ratchet »

Clutch wrote:PHYTOTRON WHERE ARE YOU
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/memberl ... file&u=556

Appears his account prevents us from seeing when he last visited :o
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:Obviously, your follow-up post to"this will be effectively "I told you so, see you can prove nothing".
No, we can do better than agreeing to disagree. As long as you understand that faith isn't any kind of knowing other than a feeling you have inside. You can't make any claims from it because it's completely personal. This goes back to what Titanoboa was saying and in a sense he's totally right. If you say things like "because I am a Christian" it holds no more weight than if you say "because I have a feeling." All you are doing is reinforcing an internal state. Talking about it with others who say "because I am a Christian" also reinforces that feeling. And these feelings can be both helpful and hurtful depending on the situation. Yes, your feelings are powerful and real, but your God probably isn't.

Here is something you might find surprising: there are things I believe without any proof at all. So, I know what it is to have faith. However, the difference here is that I know these are just ideas with no proof, and I'm ready to abandon them immediately if better ideas surface. Now that's open-minded.

User avatar
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: Apology

Post by INW »

Looks like this thread will be closed when Tank returns.

Welcome Back Tank!...

User avatar
Mecca
Match Winner
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 7:38 pm
Location: I dont know...Im lost

Re: Apology

Post by Mecca »

sinewav wrote:Yes, your feelings are powerful and real, but your God probably isn't.
That's where you're wrong, Sine.

God:
Image
Image

User avatar
F0RC3
Core Dumper
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Apology

Post by F0RC3 »

TItan it's awesome that you found a way for yourself to along, though i personally think you do sound a little bit loopy! I've always found you to be a pretty nice guy and i'm sure you still are. Though your beliefs may contradict mine, if you finding God (or jesus or whatever) still has you be a nice person than thats awesome.

Anyways now that the on topic stuff i've had to say is over i shall continue with the off topic stuff.

LOL this topic has been quite hilarious. Your arguing is for nothing. Most religions can neither be proven or disproven and God definitely can't be proven or disproven.

Just for fun i'll say what i believe. I believe in the almighty god Anu(just kidding)!

P.S. Sine what is that picture you posted of the hand supposed to mean?

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6203
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Apology

Post by sinewav »

F0RC3 wrote:P.S. Sine what is that picture you posted of the hand supposed to mean?
Heh, it's a game I don't think is played much anymore.

User avatar
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: A frozen wasteland

Re: Apology

Post by Clutch »

Wikipedia wrote: Kancho is a prank played in Japan; it is performed by clasping the hands together so the index fingers are pointing out and attempting to insert them sharply into someone's anal region when the victim is not looking. It is similar to the wedgie or a goosing. Kancho means enema.
What the **** Japan
Boxed

User avatar
F0RC3
Core Dumper
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Apology

Post by F0RC3 »

sinewav wrote:
F0RC3 wrote:P.S. Sine what is that picture you posted of the hand supposed to mean?
Heh, it's a game I don't think is played much anymore.
Ah yes, we actually did this game in high school along with another one. The other game was more prevailant than this one. So i didn't think of that hand sign being the same one as a game i played in highschool. Though you'd figure i would remember as high school was only one year ago lol.

Post Reply